I think this is an excellent app. I recently upgraded my phone from 2.1 to 2.2.1 and I was looking for ways to make my phone as 'lite' as possible so that speed would not be compromised. I previously used Intelliscreen to display the calander and to supress the text message notification. With some research I discovered that the free version of iblacklist has the ability to supress text and call notification messages and that this application can display the calander for me. I think it's great and I really appreciate the release. The only.. ONLY .. thing I hope is available in future updates is the ability for other apps to utilize free space on the screen.. namely pwnplayer's gesture based lockscreen controls. With intelliscreen you could minimize the calander and user pwnplayer or leave a black space on the lockscreen and pwnplayers controls would register. I might be missing something but I have not been able to get these two apps to play nicely. Thanks again for all your effort.
    2009-02-23 04:53 AM
    The quickest way to help everyone is to implement something similar to status notifier, accepting a call on a port and returning xml containing the info requested. That way you can pass in whatever parameters you want, like 127.0.0.1:XXXX?numEvents=10&nextOption=YYY&nextOpt ion2=ZZZ, and then return back xml that contains the calendar events requested. Then we can do whatever we want with the winterboard widgit html to display the events however we want.
    Last edited by meyerovb; 2009-02-26 at 08:00 PM.
    2009-02-26 02:22 AM
    Thanks; this is pretty useful! Do you think it would be easy to implement which calendars I would like displayed on the front of the screen? I sync through google calendar, and on the calendar software itself I can choose to view only one calendar, and this one has the important stuff, where the rest are irrevelant.
    2009-03-02 02:13 AM
    Hi

I wonder if you could implement support for any task management application (Things!) It would be awesome to see incoming tasks on lockscreen...

MF
    2009-03-02 04:13 PM
    I was traveling last week and had to build an itinerary prior to the trip. The trip was on the west coast, but my original scheduling was mistakenly set to EST.

To make my calendar display properly, I go into Support/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Time Zone Support and select the original time zone.

However, the times displayed within Lock Calendar don't appear to be affected by manual changes made to the time zone.
    2009-03-03 03:59 PM
    For anyone watching this thread, I've started a beta test for Lock Calendar 1.0b. Check out the post here:

<a href="http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-iphone-ipod-touch-app-discussion/516581-lock-calendar-1-0b-beta-test.html#post3505191">Lock Calendar 1.0b Beta Test</a>
    2009-03-05 06:21 AM
    For anyone watching this thread, I've started a beta test for Lock Calendar 1.0b.
    You are the king! mission accomplished.
    Stop, relax and enjoy the well deserved praise!!

I cant begin to presume how this app could be any better!!
    :::heading to Paypal to donate!:::
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!
    2009-03-05 07:40 AM
    One thing, I'd love to see in a future update, is an option to hide the calendar, while charging. Some loading screens (like mine) show the estimate time til charged. Calendar entries overlapping this is the only thing, that bugs me about Lock Calendar.

Apart from that, great work!!!
    2009-03-05 09:30 AM
    Great App!!! Thanks!

One question: all of my calendar entries (on the lockscreen) have starting times 2 hours later than the start times specified in the calendar app. Anybody heard of this and know how to remedy it?

Thanks again!
    2009-03-09 07:37 PM
    Great App!!! Thanks!

One question: all of my calendar entries (on the lockscreen) have starting times 2 hours later than the start times specified in the calendar app. Anybody heard of this and know how to remedy it?

Thanks again!
    If you go into the Settings app then Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scroll all the way down, is Time Zone Support on or off? Try playing with that setting to see what happens.

I've enabled support for the Time Zone Support option in the 1.0b beta version, so you may want to check that out:

For anyone watching this thread, I've started a beta test for Lock Calendar 1.0b. Check out the post here:

<a href="http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-iphone-ipod-touch-app-discussion/516581-lock-calendar-1-0b-beta-test.html#post3505191">Lock Calendar 1.0b Beta Test</a>
    2009-03-09 11:15 PM
    I had checked the time zone in the general setting but not the mail, contacts... turns out that one was set to a western time zone (and I'm in the east) = 2 hour difference.

Thanks for your advice and your hard work with this app!
    2009-03-09 11:38 PM
    Where are the LockCalendarfiles on the iphone ?

any html file ?

I would like to fit the Lockcalendar on the Lockscreen into my Theme. Need to scale it a little, repositioning the table / font etc.

But I can't find any HTML file in the .deb file.

any help ?
    Last edited by danteafk; 2009-03-14 at 05:12 PM.
    2009-03-14 03:42 PM
    Where are the LockCalendarfiles on the iphone ?

any html file ?

I would like to fit the Lockcalendar on the Lockscreen into my Theme. Need to scale it a little, repositioning the table / font etc.

But I can't find any HTML file in the .deb file.

any help ?
    I got all three of your PMs and saw both posts. Check the Lock Calendar 0.1b thread for the answer to your question.
    2009-03-15 08:31 PM
    Hello!!
    very nice application, thanks!
    Two suggestions:

1) I have installed "LockScreen Clock Hide" from Cydia, repository http://david.ashman.com/apt so that I will have more space on the lock screen for "Lock Calendar"!
    Unfortunately lock calendar still start in the middle of the screen and not on the top even though the clock is not there anymore! Could you tell me how to modify that or could you relaease an updated version? thanks

2) it would be nice that when you ouch an appointment on the lock screen it brings you to the calendar with the complete event information.

Cheers
    2009-04-16 01:42 PM
    Just two requests:

1. If there are no Calendar entries, would it be possible to remove that text and have the opacity set to zero so we can see the lockscreen background in all its glory rather than dimmed?

2. Would it be possible to list events based on absolute numbers of days rather than per week?

Thanks.
    Come visit AlohaSoft
    2009-04-20 05:50 AM
    I've installed this app, but it is only showing calendar events starting from teh next day. Any ideas why?

EDIT: I have an idea why. It's because I'm a moron. I solved the problem, which was entirely my fault. Great app! Can I use it along side a weekly weather forecast?? I've searched around, and I saw a custom made combination of this and a weather widget, but I have no idea how to do that myself.
    Last edited by Achillesreborn; 2009-04-21 at 07:43 AM.
    2009-04-21 05:39 AM
    I was adding a calendar event today, and something glitched. Usually I only use one calendar, then something happened and it switched to showing all calendars. But somehow, no calendar entries are displayed on the lockscreen. I have rebooted, resynced all the events, reinstalled lock calendar, but nothing has worked. Have you ran into this problem before?

* update: I fixed it; I went into the settings for selecting which calendars to show on the lockscreen, and flipped some of the switches around, and the settings screen crashed to the 'desktop' and it seems to have fixed everything.

Thanks,
    - Eli
    Last edited by eli2k; 2009-04-21 at 12:20 PM.
    2009-04-21 12:16 PM
    ive had this program installed for awhile, but just this Thursday or friday, when I looked at my phone it showed "No Calendar entries."However, I have like 4 events tommorow in the actual calendar app. I tried re-installing it, turning it on and off in its settings. Made sure all the different calendars I have were on. What else can I do? Help!

Thanks
    2009-05-09 10:29 PM
    too bad its not available through the app store....i'm not currently jailbroken (running 3.0 b5)
    2009-05-09 11:08 PM
    ive had this program installed for awhile, but just this Thursday or friday, when I looked at my phone it showed "No Calendar entries."However, I have like 4 events tommorow in the actual calendar app. I tried re-installing it, turning it on and off in its settings. Made sure all the different calendars I have were on. What else can I do? Help!

Thanks

Try flipping on/off the calendars set to display, and exit/enter the settings screen a few times. Eventually it should sorta spazz out and then the calendar events will be displayed again.
    2009-05-11 09:47 AM
116 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD