Don't like it. Too much to load into mobile substrate in my opinion.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-02-27 at 10:01 PM.
    2009-02-27 09:04 AM
    I haven't had any crashes since I uninstalled iHome and/or SSB. I think the overlay is making conflicts or something.
    2009-02-27 03:41 PM
    Thanks vikings fan.. I got it.. Anyone remember when mySMS first came out, and when you would type a word, and it was misspelled, and gave you a suggestion, when you hit space or period to ALLOW the correction, it would leave the misspelled word and then put the correct word after??? Anyhoo, that happens on this build 135... I've been trying to log into the qSMS forums at goodiphone but every time I try to post, it tells me to log in, so I do, then it says successful, then I go to a post and try to post and it tells me to log in...over and over... so I think Pavel reads these as well (I hope he does)..
    2009-02-27 04:34 PM
    This app seems to be waaay too buggy for a commercial software on the top end of the price scale.

I've tried many jailbreak-apps, without any crash whatsoever so far. I'll definitely stick with biteSMS for the moment, although it's a bit slow. Would love the idea of having a fast SMS app, though. But I hate the idea of getting constant crashes and triggering the app through the volume rocker is just plain stupid IMHO. I use these triggers frequently (ipod, games, ringer etc.) and would hate it if it startet the SMS app all the time, how weird is that?
    2009-02-27 04:34 PM
    This app seems to be waaay too buggy for a commercial software on the top end of the price scale.

I've tried many jailbreak-apps, without any crash whatsoever so far. I'll definitely stick with biteSMS for the moment, although it's a bit slow. Would love the idea of having a fast SMS app, though. But I hate the idea of getting constant crashes and triggering the app through the volume rocker is just plain stupid IMHO. I use these triggers frequently (ipod, games, ringer etc.) and would hate it if it startet the SMS app all the time, how weird is that?
    You can trigger with double tap of home button-which I do. So much better than the volume key. What version are you on? I don't get any crashes. May just be luck, but likely, it's not playing nice with another of your apps.
    2009-02-27 04:58 PM
    Another bug I just realized.. So I have a few people (friend a, friend b etc) in the list of conversations.. somehow, even if it says FREIND A, when I click the convo to open it, it's actually FRIEND C. After a "reboot" it clears up, but that's kind of weird..
    2009-02-27 06:56 PM
    Guys do you guys have SB going into safe mode when you press the smilies button?
    I'm on 2.1 firmware. Anyone else noticed this?
    How about on 2.2?
    2009-02-28 02:28 AM
    Guys do you guys have SB going into safe mode when you press the smilies button?
    I'm on 2.1 firmware. Anyone else noticed this?
    How about on 2.2?
    Although it does crash often, this is not a time when it happens.
    2009-02-28 06:39 AM
    Well, I've been using it for a few days now and I still love it.

Quick question: Does anyone else get the 5minute reminder of SMS messages even though you have already viewed the message? Every time I get an sms it rings the first notification and then I view it, and then 5 minutes later it rings again to remind me, even though I've already viewed it.

This is very frustrating b/c I never know if it's a reply to my sms or if it's the reminder screwing up again.
    2009-03-01 06:21 PM
    This app is dead to me. Someones created something even better. wait and see
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-02 at 01:52 AM.
    2009-03-01 07:42 PM
    This app is dead to me. Created something even better. wait and see
    sounds interesting..... how long do i have to wait tho? haha
    2009-03-01 07:48 PM
    sounds interesting..... how long do i have to wait tho? haha
    I dont want to hijack the thread. But I just think that this isnt the way to go.. this app is too heavy on mobile substrate. We have all been experiencing a lot of safe mode crashes. Id wait it out. Something better should be out soon.

EDIT: It should be out today. iRealSMS 2.0.8.. details are in its own thread
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-04 at 10:02 PM.
    2009-03-02 02:07 AM
    I dont want to hijack the thread. But I just think that this isnt the way to go.. this app is too heavy on mobile substrate. We have all been experiencing a lot of safe mode crashes. Id wait it out. Something better should be out soon.
    You know, this is quite the marketing strategy rez.
    2009-03-02 03:40 AM
    I love this app.. The safe mode problem is to be fixed in the next update from what I have heard! Hope so!
    2009-03-02 06:05 AM
    You know, this is quite the marketing strategy rez.
    Its all going to come down to stability and preference of the UI. Not only do I think this app(QuickSMS) is a bit unstable but I dont like its approach, I dont like its User Interface.. even if it worked perfectly without bugs, I dont like how it performs... I think there is a better way to do things. Even after what Im talking about is released Im sure there are going to be some people that like QuickSMS better, but I have a feeling a lot of people will like what Im playing with more due to convenience and speed and.. well Im saying too much. I promised the dev Id keep my mouth shut while we work on it... just wanted to tease you all a bit. LOL When I get the green light Ill give more info. Until then, enjoy whats available.

EDIT: I got the GREEN LIGHT, so details are in its own thread. Look for iRealSMS 2.0.8 Update
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-03-04 at 10:03 PM.
    2009-03-02 09:31 AM
    I don't have any stability issues with QuickSMS. Best SMS i've seen so far. I'm getting tired of jumping from one SMS app to the next.
    2009-03-02 04:38 PM
    I don't have any stability issues with QuickSMS. Best SMS i've seen so far. I'm getting tired of jumping from one SMS app to the next.
    Competition breeds innovation. Nothing wrong with that. I like QuickSMS, but if something better becomes available I won't hesitate to move.
    2009-03-02 06:54 PM
    Competition breeds innovation. Nothing wrong with that. I like QuickSMS, but if something better becomes available I won't hesitate to move.
    I don't disagree. I just think I've finally found my "home".
    2009-03-02 07:04 PM
    I don't disagree. I just think I've finally found my "home".
    Well try the new version of iRealSMS and see if you feel the same way.
    iReal 2.0.8 Update with QuickSend & more!
    2009-03-04 10:01 PM
    I also like quicksms, it is quick, I like the volume buttons to start and exit the app, to be able to view and reply to messages over any app that is open, I like the additional keys on the keyboard, the delayed sending feature, actually everything about it. I don't have any springboard problems after the update. Thanks again for this app.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2009-03-04 10:33 PM
162 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD