I am also experiencing this even after a uninstall and reinstall of QD

EDIT: New update on Cydia available. Problem solved! Thanks Stimpy!
    Last edited by ifini; 2009-03-10 at 03:36 PM.
    2009-03-10 11:52 AM
    Hey Stimpy5050,

as far as I am concerned Quick Dismiss is one of the most desirable Apps I can think of.

So once I found it I immediately downloaded it and looked forward to being able to dismiss calender alerts whenever I don't want the whole alert tone to be played.

But what can I say...: Unfortunately it doesn't work on my iPhone 3GS 32GB FW 3.0.1 - I'm sooo sad...!

Do you have any idea what this issue might be? I set both toggles (locked and unlocked) in the preferences menu to active but neither in locked nor in unlocked mode pushing the home button while a calender alert is being played shows any effect apart from closing the notification message window. The alert sound is still being played right till the end.

I hope you'll have a clue where I'm failing...

Cheers!
    2009-08-17 04:08 PM
    Hey Stimpy5050,

as far as I am concerned Quick Dismiss is one of the most desirable Apps I can think of.

So once I found it I immediately downloaded it and looked forward to being able to dismiss calender alerts whenever I don't want the whole alert tone to be played.

But what can I say...: Unfortunately it doesn't work on my iPhone 3GS 32GB FW 3.0.1 - I'm sooo sad...!

Do you have any idea what this issue might be? I set both toggles (locked and unlocked) in the preferences menu to active but neither in locked nor in unlocked mode pushing the home button while a calender alert is being played shows any effect apart from closing the notification message window. The alert sound is still being played right till the end.

I hope you'll have a clue where I'm failing...

Cheers!
    Others have noticed problems on 3GS phones. I don't have one so I can't test specifically for that phone. I'll look into some debug versions to help out, though.
    2009-08-17 07:43 PM
    Cool, thank you so much for offering support. I really do appreciate that.

You know, sometimes it would be absolutely fantastic being able to dismiss the alert sound depending on the situation I'm in while there's different situations when the alert tone can't be long or loud enough.

So basically the idea of stopping the alert sound by pushing the home button is simply totally great. If it only would work with my iPhone...

I look forward to your solution...
    2009-08-17 10:48 PM
    I miss this on my 3GS also
    2009-08-17 10:56 PM
    any chance we could see an update where quick dismiss of an SMS would make it read? to take away status bar icons and reminder and what not.
    2009-08-19 07:22 PM
    I miss this on my 3GS also
    Quick Dismiss works great on my 3GS.
    2009-08-19 11:18 PM
    Yea, it works on my 3GS too. Don't know why you guys are having issues.
    2009-08-19 11:29 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD