i donated to the sweattooth guys, and im not angry or anything, but i cant guess how medevil alone, who stole the unfinished code (or so they say) was able to release this, while the other guys have nothins (or so it seems)

i dont get the part about buying a stack tho... it was tried before to port/use a stack (free one i guess), but it wouldnt work... unless what medevil means, is to pay one of the "big stacks companies" to port their stack to the jailbroken iphone... i dont know how that would work then...
    2009-03-13 09:56 PM
    Great app, works fine for sending and reciving files, only thing left that I was missing on my iPhone.
    Collection of 1381 Realize Icons:
    Realize Icons (Not made by me)
    2009-03-13 11:18 PM
    Then I'm in the 1% group that it doesn't work for. I installed it and it didn't work. I rebooted my phone...still didn't work. I tried it out with my sister's phone (Quickfire) and it located her device and started to transfer a pic, but a few seconds after it started, it crashed the app. I tried at least 5 times and it didn't work once.
    When ever I try to transfer a pic to my Camera Roll.... it freezes up and i have to reboot my phone. I can however, just send a pic, but not to the photos app

It works for me as well but sending multiple files, pics it seems to lock after one is sent. Sometimes I can send a second file but I need to wait or it won't send. What am I doing wrong.
    I havent tried multiple files.. but the same thing happens when I try to send it to my camera roll, it will start to transfer the file, then freezes after about a quarter of the way through. (have to restart the phone to fix the frozen Bluetooth

works fine! just sent and received a couple of photos, just one question when u receive an mp3 where does it go?
    Stay at the Home tab and choose the Preferences Icon in the upper right corner, scroll down to the bottom where it says "file system." In the Save Path field, is where your files are transfered to... I believe default is /var/mobile/documents/admob But you can change it to any folder you want.. I changed it to /var/mobile/library/downloads so i can use dtunes to play my mp3's
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-03-14 01:24 AM
    Hello all...
    I'm having an error with this app. Everytime I try to send anything I get a "Can't connect to remote device" error. I also can't receive anything either. Anyone have any insight or a fix for this?
    2009-03-14 03:01 AM
    fact is medevil is the only dev that apparently knows how to code any advancements came from him
    If he's so great at coding, why does his app suck, crash, and more?

they had an argument and he went solo and finished the app himself I totally support him because sweetooth is not getting anything done
    How do you know sweettooth isn't getting anything done? Are you one of the devs? They are close to a release I believe, and are ensuring their app doesn't crash and suck like medevil's

so to say he "stole code" when a team of devs can't keep up with a single dev i think shows where the true strength of the team was.
    Clearly not, he never contributed to them, he simply stole the code, and worked as fast as he could to bring out the app first - bugs included. He was racing, they are working on making the best app... big difference.

as of right now you can only transfer files such as pics, videos or whatever else is stored in your files on your iphone.
    Really? then why do so many people actually complain that the application FAILS to transfer files, or that it only sends thumbnails of images...
    2009-03-15 02:43 AM
    Good comments @TDD.

If you're still 'on the fence' ... think about this: Do you want it fast? Or do you want it to work, be reliable, and be supported by honest and trustworthy developers?

You choose.

Take the high-road .... or throw your money away on junkware.
    2009-03-15 04:12 AM
    I am not sure that I would pay for it, and I don't endorse what this guy supposedly did. However, I can confirm that (using the trial license) I was able to send and receive files (mp3 and photos), and they all were received in tact. It does work, but as has been noted already, it's extremely buggy and crashes a heck of a lot.
    2009-03-15 08:31 AM
    Lol ... I don't know anything about the stealing and back story of the app but to say it sucks just comes across as childish whinning.
    The app clearly works, it does exactly as described, it crashes occasionally like any beta, probably less frequently than say cydia? Or any of the numerous 3rd party apps.
    You guys need to stop being so damn emotional
    2009-03-15 01:19 PM
    Lol ... I don't know anything about the stealing and back story of the app but to say it sucks just comes across as childish whinning.
    The app clearly works, it does exactly as described, it crashes occasionally like any beta, probably less frequently than say cydia? Or any of the numerous 3rd party apps.
    You guys need to stop being so damn emotional
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3561071-post31.html
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3561781-post33.html
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3562211-post36.html

are just a few, let alone the amount of ******** i've seen on various IRCs and forums.

The app doesn't work properly, it said on ispazio and medevil.net that he would not release his app until it was 100% working, and even said it was before the release, yet it clearly doesn't - many people have issues such as pictures being sent as thumbnails instead of the full images, unable to connect to their PCs and whatnot...

How are we being emotional? I was stating fact, and it IS stolen code - that is indisputable fact.
    2009-03-15 03:56 PM
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3561071-post31.html
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3561781-post33.html
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3562211-post36.html

are just a few, let alone the amount of ******** i've seen on various IRCs and forums.

The app doesn't work properly, it said on ispazio and medevil.net that he would not release his app until it was 100% working, and even said it was before the release, yet it clearly doesn't - many people have issues such as pictures being sent as thumbnails instead of the full images, unable to connect to their PCs and whatnot...

How are we being emotional? I was stating fact, and it IS stolen code - that is indisputable fact.
    ok I see a lot of ppl have problems, personally it has worked 100% for me, although I haven't tried connecting to a pc, maybe I was just lucky, the only issue I have is that if I don't shut it with the 'X' it locks the Bluetooth on.
    u said it sucks simply because the code was stolen and u read about users having problems and not because u had tested it urself
    2009-03-15 04:48 PM
    Unlikely that I buy it but is there a way that I can install it on my 1.1.4 iphone?just for testing purposes....
    2009-03-15 08:06 PM
    it don't work for me. i've tried with other iphones, other non-iphones, and it always lets me get as far as choosing the file i want to send then connecting with other devices but when i go to activity or transfers whatever nothing is there and neither of the phones sent or recieved anything.i know it's still in beta but for this guys so called "hard work" and being the first guy to come out with it. it should at least work occasionally and i know i'm not the first.i have yet to see a file transfered. i've tried everyday since it came out. i remember dudes like him back in school, the kid that would steal your funny jokes and go tell them to all these people claiming that he made them up. then before he knew it the jokes were on him and weren't funny anymore.
    2009-03-15 08:42 PM
    It dose work...but it crash and is buggy as hell..
    2009-03-15 09:40 PM
    Its a cash grab 100%. A2DP will be released in the new 3.0 firmware. Full use of blutooth. You'll have to wait till early April sometime though.
    2009-03-15 10:10 PM
    Its a cash grab 100%. A2DP will be released in the new 3.0 firmware. Full use of blutooth. You'll have to wait till early April sometime though.
    Full A2DP will NEVER be released on an iPhone.

If person A has a song on their iPhone that person B wants, is Apple going to allow person A to send person B the song over bluetooth? Which would = 1 less iTunes sale in Apples eyes.

iPhone 3.0 sure sounds promising but we are always left disappointed with new firmwares, always. And if your hoping for A2DP support, forget the iPhone and go get a serikson or nokia or something.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-03-16 12:53 AM
    iPhone 3.0 sure sounds promising but we are always left disappointed with new firmwares.
    Amen.
    wwjd
    2009-03-16 01:13 AM
    Full A2DP will NEVER be released on an iPhone.

If person A has a song on their iPhone that person B wants, is Apple going to allow person A to send person B the song over bluetooth? Which would = 1 less iTunes sale in Apples eyes.

iPhone 3.0 sure sounds promising but we are always left disappointed with new firmwares, always. And if your hoping for A2DP support, forget the iPhone and go get a serikson or nokia or something.
    yeah, right... except A2DP is the bluetooth profile for listening to stereo sound through A2DP enabled bluetooth headphones...

SOMETHING I CANT BELIEVE WE DONT HAVE FROM DAY 1 (except because apple sells no a2dp headphones... )
    2009-03-16 01:35 AM
    ye sorry, my bad.

iPhone will have crippled bluetooth for life though
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-03-16 08:51 PM
    when i launch it first time it crashed then i rebooted and now it works

question: how do you use the pin?

turned on my pin, typed the default pin,but when someone tries to send a file to my phone after i typed the pin nothing happens it also ask for a pin on the other phone but nothing happens after typing the pin..it works when well when the pin is off
    2009-03-17 02:18 PM
    hello, i have tried the app "ibluetooth" by medevil that stole the code but suprisingly it works perfectly, i tried sending pictures, ringtones, and songs to other iphones and nokia phones.

yh and it crashes sometimes when u open it it says"unable to load.....stack please restart the app"

so i restart the app and works fine.
    Last edited by Miro89; 2009-03-17 at 04:49 PM.
    2009-03-17 04:47 PM
71 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD