I just refreshed Cydia and saw "iBluetooth"

Looks like it has some great features..
    My questions though.. Is this the one that was posted before about being stolen from the real devs?

Here's a link:
    http://www.spaziocellulare.com/ispaz...zio-exclusive/
    wwjd
    2009-03-11 08:21 PM
    This is a stolen version of the "iBluetooth Project". The developer was a developer on the original project but stole the full code and continued the application on his own...

The application sounds good, but I feel sorry for the iBluetooth Project guys (iBluetooth Project • Index page). They are still working on the project and will offer the application for free when it get's finished!

Not sure if I would trust this!
    2009-03-11 08:40 PM
    I tried it but it keeps giving me a error
    2009-03-11 08:50 PM
    i cant figure out how to register, my guess is the server is getting slammed
    2009-03-11 08:54 PM
    I just uninstalled my version, i dont support assholes who steal.
    2009-03-11 11:06 PM
    I am surprised iSpazio.net is hosting an obvious stolen application/development project. I want to support developers --- but not those who chose the low-road.

Before I jump the gun and give hard-earned $$ (or euros ) to a possible scum-bag, can anybody provide supporting information on this?

Update: MeDevil is not a member of the development team listed on http://www.ibluetoothproject.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9. However, it would be nice to see a post on the project page about this being stolen
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-03-11 at 11:26 PM.
    2009-03-11 11:22 PM
    He WAS. He obviously isn't anymore. The full story can be read here:

iBluetooth Project • View topic - Medevil video response
    2009-03-11 11:33 PM
    He WAS. He obviously isn't anymore. The full story can be read here:

iBluetooth Project • View topic - Medevil video response
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Sure wish there was a way to 'ignore' user selected apps/updates in Cydia.
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-03-11 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Removed editorial comments
    2009-03-11 11:46 PM
    Yeah but regardless he finished the project way before them. The dev team is only able to find other bluetooth devices and give you their mac address. IMHO MeDevil must have done MOST of the the work. Unless we see an Official Bluetooth App in the next couple of days-I think MeDevil deserves some credit.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]
    2009-03-12 12:36 AM
    Yeah but regardless he finished the project way before them. The dev team is only able to find other bluetooth devices and give you their mac address. IMHO MeDevil must have done MOST of the the work. Unless we see an Official Bluetooth App in the next couple of days-I think MeDevil deserves some credit.
    He deserves to be stripped of all his clothes and tossed into a room of horny 25+ years imprisoned sex offenders.

but hey thats just my thoughts.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did
    2009-03-12 12:40 AM
    @danvicente: Did you even read the text on the site I posted? He joined the iBlueTooth team when they were already developing the app, claiming he could help them... Instead he just stole the code, ran away and used it to continue it as his own app! That's just plain stealing!

And indeed, their current version only supports detecting other devices, but they have progressed a lot and want to release their REAL iBlueTooth app very soon. Give THEM some credit please!
    2009-03-12 12:43 AM
    I believe both deserve credit. Okay-he stole the code. How did one person finish it before the rest of the team? I haven't been able to test MeDevils version because his server has been loaded. I presume the official iBluetooth application from the Dev Team will be more stable and hopefully free.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitt[email protected]
    2009-03-12 12:50 AM
    I believe both deserve credit. Okay-he stole the code. ...
    Yes ... he deserves credit for being able to move the code along (I won't say finish). So he's obviously a pretty decent programmer.

BUT .... unfortunately he started with stolen code. So, anything he produces from that code is tainted. IE: You can't steal Windows 7 (Mac OS XI, or ...) ... finish the code, then claim it's your product!! Sorry, there's just no way to justify this.

The only way around this is to 're-join' the team and add his contributions to the team. Then and ONLY then will McDevil be exonerated.
    2009-03-12 03:30 AM
    Dont know all the details, and who is telling the truth...fact is, this WORKS. There are some issues, but it does the job...i send and received files (pics) from a Sony Ericsson k750i

And i may pay for this, if that is what it takes for getting a2dp (bluetooth stere, i have a pair of Sony Ericsson hbh DS220 headphones waiting to be used with this "smartphone"), connection with bluetooth keyboards, and all the other bt profiles

I have some pics of it running on my twitpic

The other team only does alot of talking, but no visible results
    Last edited by ares07; 2009-03-12 at 03:45 AM.
    2009-03-12 03:39 AM
    I'll just wait for the "team" to finish this. I don't need direct file transfer ATM. All I want through bluetooth is to be able to use my headset to listen to music. I hate having cords hanging down from the sides of my face sometimes.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-03-12 04:11 AM
    i agree bluetooth stereo is the most wanted feature, however many times i wished i had file transfer, specially for printing some photos on photo shops
    2009-03-12 04:18 AM
    People who pay for this deserve what they get.
    I certainly won't be supporting him.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-03-12 10:23 AM
    People who pay for this deserve what they get.
    A working app???
    2009-03-12 10:51 AM
    Seems no one can say for sure that this actually works.
    Has anyone given the money for this?
    Currant status on the web site says Quote "Actually, the application is in beta testing and im fixing some of the bug our tester did found.
    When ALL (or, the most important) bugs will be fixed, the app will be released." End Quote

lets see who actually makes it work.
    Id rather pay the original developer for the hard work even if free Ill donate when it works.
    My signiture? Whats that...............
    2009-03-12 11:05 AM
    What are you talking about???? I am saying, it does work! And 99% of the people that tried it are saying the same
    2009-03-12 11:38 AM
71 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD