i'm writing this iHome v0.3 english launch on behalf of the developer, majun3 (link goes to his official iHome chinese blog).

iHome v0.3

a few users here on modmyi are already aware of the older version of iHome on the discussion threads. since this v0.3 updates added tons more of added features and customizable treats, a more formal launch thread may be a better approach to introduce it.

the old v0.2 introduced 3 swipe features to the iphone world, i.e. lock iphone (standby mode), close app, and screenshots via touch-&-hold. with the new v0.3, check out the slew of added new features all of which are 100% user-definable. iHome hsa officially gone 100% customizable to suit all out unique needs:
    - swipes on the springboard:
    there are 6 different user-defined swipes in which you can swipe to:
    1) close an app and go back to springboard (equivalent to pressing the home button)
    2) completely close an app at will (apps like safari/maps/ipod/mail's processes remain active you only use the home button to "close" it)
    3) power dialog - respring/respring&lock/reboot/power off/reload ihome prefs
    4) launch ipod controller (the ipod home button double-tap controls)
    5) take a screenshot (can also be triggered by tap-&-hold for 3-4secs)
    6) enable the backgrounder app
    7) launch the App Switcher features (an app task manager)

- swipes on the lockscreen, you can swipe to bypass the lockscreen and launch a user-defined app
    * up to 5 user-defined apps can be launched using 5 different swipes.
    * swiping on the lockscreen automatically unlocks the lockscreen and goes straight to automatically launch your user-defined app, e.g., launch the sms or phone app straight from the lockscreen.

with the new v0.3 added features, we can now fully navigate and utilize our iphones without the need to press the home or the sleep/wake button! we now only need the 2 aforementioned hardware buttons to wake-up the device and that's it!

with the new lockscreen 5 user-defined swipe app launcher, we can even bypass and save a few more steps to launching our 5 favorite apps altogether.

do you always forget which apps you accidentally (or intentionally) left running in the background (both default apple apps and the ones using backgrounder)? with v0.3's new App Switcher feature, simply drag the background-running app's icon to the left side of the screen to "throw away" the app and thus terminating the app's background process. you don't need to launch the running app again just to do a longer method of force-quitting the app.

video demo of gestures:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdgou4DNnHA[/ame]

video demo 2:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gxL3oM1NjU[/ame]

installation:
    simply launch Cydia and install it from the iSpazio repo.
    * After installation, please look inside the iHome settings for more detailed instructions about how to use the app.

iHome v0.3's official description/notes:
    Important Note:
    For changes made in iHome settings to take effect, you must tap on the “Reload Settings” button, which is in the Power Dialog.
    Relocating the iHome Bar

You can relocate the iHome Bar from the bottom to the top (and vice versa) simply by dragging it upwards across the entire screen. You will see its ghost image moving confirming your change.

Multi-iHome Bars:
    By enabling the Multi-iHome Bars option, the iHome Bar is available for trigger on both the top and bottom locations of your screen. Disabled, the iHome Bar is either on top or bottom only.
    Sliding Short-cuts

They are for use at the Lock Screen. Sliding Short-cuts let you quickly unlock your device and launch your favorite apps immediately.

By default, the following Apps are pre-set for you.

Short Left Slide = SMS*
    Long Left Slide = Safari
    Short Right Slide = Phone*
    Long Right Slide = Mail
    Up or Down Slide = iHome

*Not set for iPod touch but you may define them yourself (see below)
    Custom Sliding Short-cuts

Launch the App you want to define a short-cut for.
    Perform the Short Slide Up gesture to open the App Switcher.
    Tap and drag the App’s icons to one of five positions on the bottom of the screen, as follows:

Position 1 = Long Left Slide
    Position 2 = Short Left Slide
    Position 3 = Up (or Down) Slide
    Position 4 = Short Right Slide
    Position 5 = Long Right Slide

(The five positions are equally spaced, with position 1 on the extreme left and position 5 on the extreme right.)

Upon releasing the icon at desired position, you will see a brief confirmation message, “New Short-cut Saved!”
    Co-exist with SBSettings

When the iHome Bar is on top, you can activate SBSettings by sliding horizontally left (or right) on the Status Bar, starting at the Time display and travel about the width of an icon’s length.
    Default Sliding Gestures

The following are the default sliding gestures. You may redefine them in iHome’s Settings:

* For use while at the SpringBoard
    Short Left Slide = Back to 1st Page / Cancel Edit
    Long Left Slide = iPod Control / Back to 1st Page
    Short Right Slide = Pop-up Power Dialog
    Long Right Slide = Lock Device
    Short Up (or Down) Slide = Open App Switcher
    Tap and Hold for 3 seconds = Take a Screenshot

* For use while in an App
    Short Left Slide = Pop-up Close Dialog *
    Long Left Slide = Close App
    Short Right Slide = Enable Backgrounder **
    Long Right Slide = Lock Device
    Short Up (or Down) Slide = Open App Switcher
    Tap and Hold for 3 seconds = Take a Screenshot
    * Additional option is available while in the iPod app.

** This function requires the Backgrounder extension, and is equivalent to pressing and holding the Home button to enable it. If you don’t use Backgrounder, we suggest changing it to Pop-up Power Dialog.

all these new features of iHome are available for free on Cydia. if you like the app and find it useful, the developer, majun3, accepts donations via his paypal (link on his official iHome blog).
    Last edited by m.o.r.; 2009-03-20 at 03:49 AM.
    2009-03-20 03:32 AM
    Hi

I downloaded this app from Cydia (version 0.3 beta) but it doesn't seem to have the customization in it. The one in the video seems to allow you to assign different apps to gestures. It also has a different icon. Mine's a yellow square with a house. This one has a black home button. Ami i doing something wrong? Where are the other options hidden. I hope you can help me.

cheers Chris
    2009-03-20 11:26 AM
    @m.o.r.

Thank you very much for your post and please tell the dev that his app is just awesome! I love it! I used the older version as well and liked it. But now, with the shortcuts working on the lockscreen... wow! Gonna donate
    2009-03-20 01:39 PM
    It also has a different icon. Mine's a yellow square with a house. This one has a black home button. Ami i doing something wrong? Where are the other options hidden. I hope you can help me.
    hi Chris. the v0.3 released on cydia right now has the nice yellow icon. just launch the iHome yellow icon on your springboard and all the settings are there.

Thank you very much for your post and please tell the dev that his app is just awesome! I love it! I used the older version as well and liked it. But now, with the shortcuts working on the lockscreen... wow! Gonna donate
    llew, we share the exact same sentiments about iHome. it simply is an awesome app! the last v0.2 was a great and useful app, but v0.3 was indeed ginormously improved that it's now one of my must-have apps next to the greats - Bigboss' & Saurik's apps.

majun3 mentioned that he'll post a much more detailed english users' guide in his official iHome blog soon.

UPDATE
    guys, the iHome v0.3 Definitive User's Guide(in english) is now available in .doc format for download at the the developer, majun3', official iHome chinese blog.
    Last edited by m.o.r.; 2009-03-21 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-21 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD