Doesn't work with iBlacklist The iBlacklisted SMS doesn't go to the inbox but Tlert still shows the SMS bubble. Hopefully this will be addressed.
    2009-04-25 05:27 PM
    Doesn't work with iBlacklist The iBlacklisted SMS doesn't go to the inbox but Tlert still shows the SMS bubble. Hopefully this will be addressed.
    i like it, the iblacklist get's rid of that annoying popup, but i still get to see the tiny cute popup from tlert.

i'm so in love with this app right now.. the keyboard is a bit laggy though, even with an unskinned keyboard (default)

i'm removing quickSMS now.. dont even need it.

edit: one thing i did notice, is when an app is opened or it's on springboard, my volume thing comes up, but only when it's on loud, not silent..

edit 2: haptic pro lags the crap out of it too
    Last edited by eatjello; 2009-04-25 at 06:25 PM.
    2009-04-25 05:55 PM
    Works fine, outside of a couple resprings after new text received, and I really like the idea of the photos being implemented.. Reminds of the app Textr I had on my WM device back in the day. A feature I wanted for a long time. Just wish that it added forward and delete individual text to default app and I would use always.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)
    2009-04-25 06:41 PM
    +1
    put it on cydia store, i'll buy it in a heartbeat
    +2
    +3
    +4

Maybe you should at least consider putting it on Cydia. Obviously there's plenty of us that'll buy the app if it's available through Cydia instead of ****MyPhoneUp (sorry dude, bad experiences and I'll never try it again)
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 2009-04-25 at 07:22 PM.
    2009-04-25 06:43 PM
    well, after 3 restores, rockapp finally works, and it's quite good. and so is this tlert app. it's pretty handy. saves some battery from not having to unlock and lock for every text.

but i still suggest porting it to cydia store (like haptic pro)
    2009-04-25 07:02 PM
    I love this app... my wife uses it all the time actually, she plays poker a lot on her phone, and most of our friends all use texting as main method of communication - its real annoying to have to quit a game, go to text app, text, and start the game back up... wait for it to load... only to then get a reply to the text.

This makes that perfect.

I love Cydia, and I will admit, I had just as many issues with Cydia in its first month or two as I did with Rock (uh, which would be less then 4, and I test pretty extensively).

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2009-04-25 07:37 PM
    Anyone have any idea if it plays nicely with QuickSMS?
    I want to give it a try, but don't want to uninstall QSMS
    wwjd
    2009-04-25 11:45 PM
    this app is good, but not great. i like it alot, the fact that i can quick reply in landscape mode is amazing. but i do have some issues with it. when your walking and trying to text in landscape mode the sensitivity of the accelerometer causes the screen to go back to portrait mode; very frustrating. i find myself having to stop walking, or sit down just to reply to a text in landscape mode. i love the bubbles, such a slick looking app but it is sooo slow. i mean when i text from the lockscreen, its just so annoying that i end up opening up the message and reply through irealsms.also, you have the problem with the iphone turning off when your in the lockscreen. it only lasts for about 20 seconds or less than the screen goes black and you have to hit the home button to turn on the screen, another frustrating thing. i think we need to have this better integrated with irealsms. for example, if the text app is open, i shouldnt get notifications from Tlert, but I do. So i end up getting 2 alerts while the app is open. one from tler, one from irealsms. anyways, needs work but so very nicely done. PM me if you need a beta tester, i was a beta tester for irealsms.

@skb875 i had to disable quickreply from irealsms but quickSMS works fine. no issues there. i have the double tap of the home screen to enable it and it works good.

and another thing, when im reply in tlert, the keyboard presses dont show up. it doesnt show me hitting any of the letters on the keyboard. i mean sure it when i hit the key i can see that i hit it cuz it is typing it out but no visual response from the keyboard itself, the keys dont get big.
    Last edited by Iman07; 2009-04-26 at 12:21 AM.
    2009-04-26 12:18 AM
    I have the trial but I don't know how to get to any of the options? There is only an on/off switch under manage extentions in the application. Also, it isn't working, because the "view/reply" notification is still popping up. Any suggestions?

nevermind, i guess the soft reset didn't work, i had to restart the phone and it now the icon shows up but it isn't working still, any suggestions?
    Last edited by IvanPK; 2009-04-26 at 12:40 AM.
    2009-04-26 12:33 AM
    Does it conflict with iRealQuickSMS?

Hmmm...I just tried it out and I love the idea, though I think iReal and QuickSMS are better at the moment. I don't like how you can only reply to messages, you can't create and send messages from anywhere using this app. A bit frustrating, so I hope to see that feature added in the near future.
    Last edited by jabbawalkee; 2009-04-26 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-26 02:16 AM
    I would give it a go if I wasn't on 3.0 right now. Looks awesome!
    2009-04-26 02:48 AM
    Didn't work for me I don't know why.
    I use the standard text with SwirlyMMS and Text Plus messenger.
    I deleted the Text+ and still the same.
    Something else seems to overide it.
    I get a pop up text when using any program.I can't see what I may have installed in Cydia.
    My signiture? Whats that...............
    2009-04-26 03:03 AM
    If this is cool I might end up using it over iRealSMS.
    2009-04-26 03:09 AM
    Rock, Intelliscreen, Intellidial and Tiert have all been working great for awhile now. Thanks guys! Hopefully all will be working once 3.o roles around.
    2009-04-26 04:24 AM
    Yeah, this looks really cool, but I would definitely not use rock your phone or whatever it's called. I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was on cydia.

And hopefully a quicksend feature will be implemented.
    2009-04-26 06:02 AM
    I am using it with quicksms, no problems at all. It is only a notification app, and doesn't seem to interfere with any other sms app.

Anyone have any idea if it plays nicely with QuickSMS?
    I want to give it a try, but don't want to uninstall QSMS
    2009-04-26 06:22 PM
    psuskeels:
    the expected popup didn't show up when receiving a sms. still have to open SMS APP to reply. No iBlacklist installed on my iphone. no any other alternative sms app installed except Bitesms.
    2009-04-27 03:04 PM
    It is nice to see so many choices when it comes to the SMS app. Other than landscaping on the lockscreen and bubble color choices how is this any better than iRealSmS(which I currently use)?
    2009-04-27 03:33 PM
    Why choose Rock Your Phone over cydia? There is a much larger userbase in Cydia.

It seems like a smarter marketing choice to me...

-Donuts
    Iphone 3G 2.2 Jailbroken
    2009-04-27 09:11 PM
    I cant wait till it gets updated so you can choose to have it on the lockscreen or not. That's my only problem with it. I like just seeing the notification
    2009-04-27 11:35 PM
85 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.