User Tag List

I cant wait till it gets updated so you can choose to have it on the lockscreen or not. That's my only problem with it. I like just seeing the notification
    +1
    2009-04-27 10:34 PM
    I cant wait till it gets updated so you can choose to have it on the lockscreen or not. That's my only problem with it. I like just seeing the notification
    update has been released
    2009-04-28 12:55 AM
    it now vibrates when the text is sent too.

so annoying..
    2009-04-28 01:25 AM
    im not sure if i should test this, it looks awesome, i definitely would if it was on the Cydia store!
    2009-04-28 06:27 AM
    Too bad it's on rock your phone I'll never use that again!
    2009-04-28 06:42 AM
    This app is pretty awesome a few minor bugs but pretty dam great so far
    2009-04-28 08:38 AM
    Dallas, Eatjello, MnVikingsFan26: I'll eat my hat if Rock Your Phone requires you to do a restore when you install it via Cydia or the latest Rock Your Phone Desktop client (eat my hat = I'll give u a copy of all Intelliborn software including Tlert).

Modmyi.com users are an advanced user base, so it was hard to get it perfect for everyone - it's fixed.
    looks like a lot of people in this thread are still having problems with RYP. looks like you gotta lot of hats to eat dude. is there anyway for us to use a trial version we can ssh over ourselves? maybe that would convince a few more users to take the plunge. i want fancy sms pop ups. but i sure as hell don't want to restore my phone.
    2009-04-28 10:46 AM
    Updateded today nice job continue with the great development with more options please, thank you
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2009-04-28 01:54 PM
    do i take the plunge and try RYP?... the apps look pretty damn good
    2009-04-28 03:20 PM
    This is a GREAT application!

Of course I had to tweak the UI a little.

Would like an OPTION to turn off the sending sound.

Come on people, get over the whole Rock Your Phone hate... it has improved since it left my iPhone in recovery mode. Anyone "afraid" of the Rock.app, I would just install Rock.app from cydia and you dont have to worry about the problems with the Desktop Client (Rock Your Phone).
    Last edited by interstink; 2009-04-28 at 04:09 PM.
    2009-04-28 04:04 PM
    Updateded today nice job continue with the great development with more options please, thank you
    What version? Is there another update today? I'm waiting for one; I'm on 0.92.2 now.

I was quite nervous trying the rock your phone software, but I couldn't help myself from trying out this app. I eventually bit the bullet and did it. Everything worked out fine, except once I updated the app, I got the spinning wheel. I freaked out, but restarted my phone and all is well.

As the post above states, you can do all this using the rock app from cydia, which I was totally unaware of. I'd definitely recommend at least doing that if you're still worried about the desktop client.

EDIT: And yeah, the sending sound is pretty annoying. What's even more annoying is that it also vibrates when you send a message, making me think I'm receiving one at that time! Once we see some more updates, this app will be great!
    Last edited by willryan42; 2009-04-28 at 11:35 PM.
    2009-04-28 10:59 PM
    PissOnYourPhone messed up my damn phone again, but worse this time..
    forget this, 4 restores.. not even close to worth it

EDIT:
    I cannot even restore now, my phone sticks at the Pwned boot logo, and continues to vibrate (like it does when it's first plugged in)

wont restore from fresh, or backup
    Last edited by eatjello; 2009-04-29 at 03:54 AM.
    2009-04-29 03:46 AM
    ^ when it vibrates every so often, that's what has happened to me every time I've gotten the spinning wheel. Look closely at the boot logo, you may have the spinning wheel but it just blends in with the logo.

Try getting it into DFU mode and restoring.
    2009-04-29 04:29 AM
    Drop it into the Cydia store and I will try it. I am not going near the Brick Your Phone app again.
    2009-04-29 04:36 AM
    yeah if we could manually SSH this app onto our iPhone's and use the trial i would use this!
    2009-04-29 10:21 AM
    ^ when it vibrates every so often, that's what has happened to me every time I've gotten the spinning wheel. Look closely at the boot logo, you may have the spinning wheel but it just blends in with the logo.

Try getting it into DFU mode and restoring.
    that's what i did the first three times, but now it wont go into dfu mode. just keeps at boot logo, and i can't see the wheel

i've had to put my sim card back into my old moto rizr so i have a phone for work.

/facepalm
    2009-04-29 12:48 PM
    Just SSH in and move mobilewatchdog.bundle it will then boot and you can move it back again.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-04-29 01:25 PM
    that's what i did the first three times, but now it wont go into dfu mode. just keeps at boot logo, and i can't see the wheel

i've had to put my sim card back into my old moto rizr so i have a phone for work.

/facepalm
    Provide some more info.
    Did you install rock.app via. desktop client? (I recommend you install Rock from Cydia)
    Are you using a Mac or PC?
    Do you have iPhone USB plugged into a USB hub?

I had the same issue but I left it at the apple logo and it finally just loaded took like 3-5 minutes. The first time I tried to insall via. desktop client, I had to restore... I was getting the restore mode screen (iTunes and USB logo).
    2009-04-29 02:41 PM
    *shudders* not going near RYP again. It messed with my MIV tones and had to do like 3 restores to get back to normal. Put It on the Cydia Store and I'd buy it.
    2009-04-29 05:44 PM
    Wow, before reading this I hadn't even known of anyone having RYP problems. I personally haven't and I think its pretty damn nice. DL'ed Tlert but ended up disabling it because it was interferring with my iRealSMS. But I'mma enable it again and use the standard SMS app.
    2009-04-29 07:12 PM
85 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD