this thing wont install, keeps giving size mismatch error and keeps making me restart springboard.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2009-05-08 05:37 PM
    Truthfully, I'm not sure if this helped or not. Free memory from SBSettings (or MemTool) has always been a hit or miss number. Always different, always confusing, never the same. I can report the numbers didn't get worse . Because I trust this developer, I believe it helped, but have no useful tools to justify my claim.

Update: I did my own custom memory optimization and noticed a consistent benefit. I have PDANet and MxTube applications installed, but use them infrequently. I also noticed both are always on and load at start-up. So, I created a On/Off script which uses launchctl to load/unload these typically always on apps. This helped free memory when these apps are unloaded.
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-05-08 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Update
    2009-05-08 06:12 PM
    I'm using the iNAV blue theme at the moment, will this mess anything up?
    2009-05-08 06:38 PM
    i finally got it to install and it disabled my transparent clock BG. i hate the clock BG and have no idea why it disabled that on me. i uninstalled it and my transparent clock BG is back.

anyone kno why its doing that? i noticed a increase in RAM but didn't like my dissapearing clock bg so i didn't get to test to much
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2009-05-08 10:58 PM
    I have only 1 thing installed (and in use on WinterBoard), and that's "Native Tap to Unlock" for Lockscreen

~34 MB of RAM on Lockscreen without WinterBoard Lite installed
    ~32 MB of RAM on Springboard without WinterBoard Lite Installed
    ------
    ~45 MB of RAM on Lockscreen with WinterBoard Lite installed
    ~40 MB of RAM on Springboard with WinterBoard Lite Installed
    ------

Seems to free up anywhere from 5 MB to 10 MB when you don't have a full theme set installed.
    But I'm not sure how much memory it'd free up if you did have a full theme set installed.

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    2009-05-08 11:33 PM
    Without winterboard lite = 31MB Free
    With winterboard lite = 36-38MB Free

I can vouch this works. It does however make my keyboard theme disabled.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-05-08 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-08 11:37 PM
    After a day's worth of having WbLite installed, It's brought me up from about 18MB to about ~30MB according to SBSettings. Numbers aside it has brought the springboard up to speed, and apps come up a lot sooner than before.
    2009-05-09 02:54 AM
    Just so I understand this correctly, in Settings I want to have all of the toggles set to "off" in order for this to free up RAM, correct?
    I just downloaded this and my WB Lite settings show only two toggles, 'Memory Saver' and 'Debug'. The default settings are ON for Memory Saver and OFF for debug. It seems that the version I just downloaded is different from the one you have. Do you know why?

I have only 1 thing installed (and in use on WinterBoard), and that's "Native Tap to Unlock" for Lockscreen

~34 MB of RAM on Lockscreen without WinterBoard Lite installed
    ~32 MB of RAM on Springboard without WinterBoard Lite Installed
    ------
    ~45 MB of RAM on Lockscreen with WinterBoard Lite installed
    ~40 MB of RAM on Springboard with WinterBoard Lite Installed
    ------

Seems to free up anywhere from 5 MB to 10 MB when you don't have a full theme set installed.
    But I'm not sure how much memory it'd free up if you did have a full theme set installed.
    It really does not make any difference in my case, I tried all sorts of tests. But I do not have UIsounds and only some Safari-related UImages (but I have a fully customized WB theme running). For some reason I thought that WB would take memory up even if you do not load UIsounds and UImages, but clearly it's not the case. I guess people that notice a difference are the ones running those customizations. But then to gain some memory you have to give up your customizations. I guess this is good for users that download themes and don't tweak with them, and wouldn't know where to start to tinker with the themes. Nice app, but now I see why people have different results with it.

I seem to be the only one posting here. At any rate, I just downloaded an upgrade of this app, which supposedly has killswitches. Unfortunately I see no differences in the Settings.app for this upgrade, compared to the previous version
    Last edited by marcoiac; 2009-05-10 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3
    2009-05-10 08:34 AM
    I use winterboard sparingly, so i thought this would be great. i rebooted and checked sb settings which reported 37mb avail. i installed winterboard lite, rebooted and had 50mb avail memory. thinking it was too good to be true, i loaded and then backgrounded pandora. checked sbsettings and was down to 23mb avail. i killed pandora and watched the avail memory only spike back to the original 37mb! i refreshed, rebooted, and rechecked sbsettings to find that 37 was as high as it would go.

after walking away for a few minutes, i checked yet again and avail memory was back to 50mb. I doubt that i gained +10mb, its probably closer to 4-7. something i can vouch for though, is load times on apps has improved. across the board, apps are loading faster. i've put it on both my phones.
    2009-05-10 04:55 PM
    I use winterboard sparingly, so i thought this would be great. i rebooted and checked sb settings which reported 37mb avail. i installed winterboard lite, rebooted and had 50mb avail memory. thinking it was too good to be true, i loaded and then backgrounded pandora. checked sbsettings and was down to 23mb avail. i killed pandora and watched the avail memory only spike back to the original 37mb! i refreshed, rebooted, and rechecked sbsettings to find that 37 was as high as it would go.

after walking away for a few minutes, i checked yet again and avail memory was back to 50mb. I doubt that i gained +10mb, its probably closer to 4-7. something i can vouch for though, is load times on apps has improved. across the board, apps are loading faster. i've put it on both my phones.
    2009-05-10 04:55 PM
    Just wanna make clear - does Winterboard Lite do anything at all if the toggle switch in settings isn't turned on?
    2009-05-10 08:26 PM
    so how can i get winterboard lite to let me enable uimages???
    2009-05-10 09:36 PM
    yes I uses only the parts of Uiimages or Uisounds it needs, but memorywise thats no difference or a very small one

@blast123
    Turn memorysaver off and you will gt UIImages back

Ruben
    2009-05-10 09:44 PM
    I just read this post from Saurik about half hour ago.

"I hadn't seen WinterBoard Lite. The developer seems to be measuring memory usage incorrectly and is optimizing the wrong variable".
    hummmmm..............

Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-10 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-10 11:43 PM
    i love this, my springboard goes from using 35mb to only using 15

now i have almost 40 mb free, used to have about 28 - 25

i'd like to see a memory saver option for just disabling UISounds or just disabling UIImages. cause i like my keyboard :[
    2009-05-11 03:58 AM
    i installed the source but it's not there?
    Can anybody help me?
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy
    2009-05-11 05:35 AM
    Hmmm, UIImages and sounds.....I'd never use it all my themes are full.
    2009-05-11 05:54 AM
    Mmm.. added the cydia repo from page 1 but I don't see the app..
    2009-05-11 11:00 AM
    it has been taken down by the developer - as Saurik explained to him - its useless and the memory gains are kind of fictious. But it helped saurik to change some variables that will help with startup of wb, so some gain is there

MacThemes Forum / WinterBoard Lite - Looking for BETA testers

Ruben
    2009-05-11 04:54 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD