A lot of things arent being saved. Even icon locations move
    try going into SP3 then choose mobile substrates and select supreme substrate

there is an option in there for Supreme security, try toggling that off to on, or on to off and try a respring... see if that helps, if not, try toggling it back and respring... hopefully that will help save icon locations
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-07-14 01:16 AM
    I tried to fix permissions but that doesnt work either.
    2009-07-14 01:17 AM
    Yeah did you resize those icons manually? If so what did you use and what size b/c they look awesome.
    2009-07-14 01:18 AM
    Nope tried it and it doesnt do anything. Nothing changes anymore, even my missed calls dont go away.

Uninstalled it and it didnt work. I guess i gotta restore and rejailbreak. Never again do i use supreme pref. It has always messes up my iphones. Even my 1g
    Last edited by tdotoplaya; 2009-07-14 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-14 01:29 AM
    dunno about VPxPRETTYBOY but iTJ had shown off his theme back on page 5 of 8liasTAG theme which comes with template post-signs and "dog tags" i guess...

so all you need to do is a little copy and pasting and you can pretty easily create your own icons

check mine out... didnt like the maps.app icon (no offence 8lias) so i just whiped one of my own up which seemed more fitting, along with the ipod and cydia tags...

8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-07-14 01:43 AM
    Hi there,

Cylay 3.0 does show up when Supreme Preferences 3.0 when active. Can you please add into your application.
    2009-07-14 04:39 AM
    I tried to fix permissions but that doesnt work either.
    which permissions did you try? Here is what someone found

I don't know how it happened, but I can tell people what the problem is. The permissions got changed on the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences folder. In my case, the permissions were set to 744, making this folder read-only. As a result, many preferences could not be changed. This is why Winterboard did not respring; it did not see any changes, since the pref file did not change. This kept changes from occurring in Supreme Preferences. In my case, as someone above also noted, it also kept me from turning Location Services on. When I changed the permissions to 755, the problems went away. I do know that I tried out "Supreme Security" before I started having problems. Perhaps this caused the glitch. Has anyone tried that feature? I am reluctant to try it again.

Standard looks like this

http://img102.imageshack.us/i/sp3prefsset.jpg/
    Last edited by tosbsas; 2009-07-14 at 06:00 AM.
    2009-07-14 05:51 AM
    It toasted my 3GS....restoring now. Will try again.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-14 at 06:07 AM.
    2009-07-14 06:01 AM
    Does this run smooth on the 3GS 3.0? Great job btw
    2009-07-14 06:03 AM
    Restoring iPod Touch 1G right now and will test out SP3 for the first time. I'll report back with any hang ups.
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything
    2009-07-14 06:28 AM
    After reading this... me thinks I'll wait for the official release.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.
    2009-07-14 07:02 AM
    this one works for me. be sure that the permission of the PREFERENCES folder in private/var/mobile/library is set to 0755 and make sure that group and owner is set to mobile [501] and and for com.imario.supremeprefrences.plist (found inside PREFERENCES folder) make sure that group and owner is set to mobile [501] and permission is 0600.

see attached pictures
    Attached Thumbnails [Soon] Supreme Preferences 3.0-com.imario.supremeprefrencesplist.jpeg   [Soon] Supreme Preferences 3.0-preferences.jpg  
    2009-07-14 07:11 AM
    add me to the list of ****** up iphones... at first, i thought "supreme" preferences 3 was fine except for the fact that i couldn't toggle any of the "supreme" preferences settings or options. then i realized that I could no longer move my icons. well i can move them, but after a repsring or a reboot, they all go back to their location prior to me installing "supreme" preferences.

** i'm on an iphone 3g running the 3.0 firmware jailbroken with redsn0w.
    please note that i had never installed a beta copy of this. i did install the previous SP before there was a 3.0 installation conflict restriction. once SP3 was released, i uninstalled my old version of SP, resprung, and then installed SP3.

Now winterboard cannot check or uncheck any themes, icons will not stay where I move them after a respring/restart, and none of the supreme preferences will take effect.

hopefully this helps mario.

this one works for me. be sure that the permission of the PREFERENCES folder in private/var/mobile/library is set to 0755 and make sure that group and owner is set to mobile [501] and and for com.imario.supremeprefrences.plist (found inside PREFERENCES folder) make sure that group and owner is set to mobile [501] and permission is 0600.

see attached pictures
    THIS DID THE JOB... thanks a million eonC4PDA.

*if you have WinSCP installed, make sure you install the latest version or else the option to change the group and owner may be graeyed out.

thanks again eonC4PDA

Does anyone know if this fix will affect any apps or installations in the future?
    Last edited by pkmnp; 2009-07-14 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-14 07:35 AM
    nothing like nuking your 3GS
    2009-07-14 07:51 AM
    Was a Beta tester. Went from 0.8Beta to 0.9Final.
    Deleted everything manual via SSH, same things that I installed manualy. Did a respring. Removed 0.8b via Cydia. Respring again. Installed SP3.0 / 1.0 via Cydia. Et voila....

Everything is working perfect, no bugs no error, no respring loop.

Nice work iMario. Working excellent here, just like the previous beta.
    2009-07-14 09:53 AM
    can someone help me, i need the original preferences.app folder for my 3gs fw 3.0
    2009-07-14 10:14 AM

see attached pictures
    Works like a charm!! thanks a lot mate, it DID work 100%, now everything is back to normal (i guess!)
    thx a million, u r a life saver man! )
    2009-07-14 10:17 AM
    Works like a charm!! thanks a lot mate, it DID work 100%, now everything is back to normal (i guess!)
    thx a million, u r a life saver man! )
    glad it worked for you. there are still lots of iphone users who have issues with SP also. am back to beta version 1b8 coz with it i dont have problems.
    2009-07-14 11:29 AM

see attached pictures
    it looks like this worked for mine as well. i used iCommander (i think thats what its called) and it seems like everything is working ok so far
    2009-07-14 03:56 PM
    This is working great for me! (3gs 3.0)

But one thing is bothering me. I'm using 7-Icon dock and I have the icons overlapping in a certain way. Every time I respring it goes back to its default. Is there a way to keep it the way I overlapped the icons? Basically I want the icon in the middle to be on top.
    2009-07-14 05:25 PM
262 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD