WB is not working now after install, any solutions????

I was a beta tester too and deleted the old one via Cydia unistall first then rebooted, installed the new one and now this

I am sure there will be a fix soon
    Just open Winterboard... uncheck your themes.. recheck your themes... it will respring everything will be back.
    2009-07-13 03:47 AM
    I uninstalled 5 icon dock, and even rebooted, but the only thing different is the settings icon itself, anyone have an idea as to what the issue is?
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-07-13 03:58 AM
    Did you open Winterboard and apply the Supreme Prefs 3 theme?
    2009-07-13 04:11 AM
    What do you mean? Cause if you have your email fetch on 15 min., Supreme Preferences won't change that.
    I had my mail preferences set to 15 minute fetch but Supreme Preferences had it set to manual. I don't care if Supreme Preferences changes it or not, it's confusing to know which one my phone will do and that's what I was asking, "which one will my phone do".

What I'm saying is that Supreme Preferences should pre-configure itself to my current settings instead of showing its defaults. This way I know exactly what's going on and I don't have to go through and edit EVERY setting as soon as I install it just so that there won't be any unexpected consequences.
    2009-07-13 04:13 AM
    i sure did. even made sure it was at the top of the list in case it had something to do with the heirarchy but nothing happened. Is it because i have WB settings installed, because I have to activate any themes within the settings app under winterboard.
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-07-13 04:14 AM
    Posedion that did not work
    I went into WB, unchecked the things that are checked
    Closed WB
    Went back in they were checked again
    Clicked on Supreme 3.0
    Closed WB
    Nothing happens
    Something got broke in WB, I even tried to reinstall WB a while ago, still no luck
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2009-07-13 04:36 AM
    Also one thing that I have found was that it doesn't remember my spring+lock setting. And after every respring i have to manually lock the phone and open it up to get my iphone to work. I also have a password to wake my phone, if that helps you out.
    2009-07-13 04:40 AM
    There is a 3gs Jailbreak Purplerain worked on my 3gs
    2009-07-13 05:00 AM
    Posedion that did not work
    I went into WB, unchecked the things that are checked
    Closed WB
    Went back in they were checked again
    Clicked on Supreme 3.0
    Closed WB
    Nothing happens
    Something got broke in WB, I even tried to reinstall WB a while ago, still no luck
    uninstalling from my experiences is not enough. I then ssh into my fine and use terminal to check for left over files. This is the search command to use. cd /; find . -iname "*real*" In the quotes type the actual name of what you are looking for. I then use snipping tool to capture my screen and go delete the files one by one. Then you reboot, then respring, then reinstall. That has worked for me in the past.
    2009-07-13 05:30 AM
    OMG I'm gonna jailbreak my precious iphone 3G S just for this!!
    2009-07-13 05:35 AM
    it did not work for me too. I have 3GS and I downloaded the app and after checking it on winterboard it just changed the icon, nothing appeared in the actual setting.
    2009-07-13 05:41 AM
    ok i did an experiment, have an old 1G Iphone, no SIM, okay so I clicked on Cydia and there were like 12 updates , so I did all of them, including Mobile Subrate, okay then respring, went back in Cydia installed Supreme Pre 3.0 new one, went back to Home screen, then Winterboard, clicked on SP3.0 closed WB, and boom everything was perfect, so it tells me its a 3G issue I think so where does this leave us now ........I am more confused
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware
    2009-07-13 06:16 AM
    maybe it's just me, but none of the settings work for me. i try to change my lockscreen timer from 5 seconds to 20, close the settings app, and when i go back into the settings it's 5 seconds again. I try to toggle off the battery percentage, close setting app, and it's toggled on the next time i check. I've tried respringing, restarting, and deleted the preference plist file. any idea why i'm having this problem?
    2009-07-13 06:20 AM
    Once i installed SP3 i was looking through the custom carrier choices and couldnt get back to a custom tmobile one that bigboss has on his repo. So i tried everything i could think of removing SP3, reinstalling the tmobile logo, restarting the SB, rebooting.....nothing worked.

Does anyone know where the files are saved on the phone so i could maybe go in and look for any left over files that are messing with my carrier image?
    2009-07-13 06:20 AM
    So very buggy. Just ruined my phone and now a restore and re-jailbreak. This wiped out my winterboard icon and also the SP default settings overwrited the apple settings from the main settings app. Now my mail even though checked for 15min is still manually
    Last edited by happypappy; 2009-07-13 at 06:44 AM.
    2009-07-13 06:26 AM
    hmmm...I just installed this via Cydia, activated through WB, but it only changed my settings icon. SP doesn't show in settings. Tried rebooting as well with no luck...nothing is broken to my knowledge.
    2009-07-13 07:12 AM
    Ditto. Same issue on my phone. 3G 16gb version.
    2009-07-13 07:33 AM
    If you have winterboard settings installed, go in and turn off springboard only and respring. Had same problem earlier
    2009-07-13 07:54 AM
    would anybody be kind enough to list some of the great features of this app? i'm not a huge fan of winterboard (i feel like it makes the phone lag just a tad), so i would like to have a better idea of what some of the features are.

the 5+ icon dock is tempting... what else is there?
    2009-07-13 10:49 AM
    Once i installed SP3 i was looking through the custom carrier choices and couldnt get back to a custom tmobile one that bigboss has on his repo. So i tried everything i could think of removing SP3, reinstalling the tmobile logo, restarting the SB, rebooting.....nothing worked.

Does anyone know where the files are saved on the phone so i could maybe go in and look for any left over files that are messing with my carrier image?
    I would like to know this as well, tried everything,the only solution seems to be SSH. Anyone know where to find these files?

Its a good app but I think a restore defaults option would have been good to include
    Last edited by madzo2009; 2009-07-13 at 01:58 PM.
    2009-07-13 01:47 PM
262 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD