So very buggy. Just ruined my phone and now a restore and re-jailbreak. This wiped out my winterboard icon and also the SP default settings overwrited the apple settings from the main settings app. Now my mail even though checked for 15min is still manually
    It's not buggy.
    2009-07-13 01:51 PM
    Right found a solution to the carrier logo not going away, what I did was install MakeItMine, open it dont enter anything, close the app then my original carrier logo appeared. I was then able to install the logo i wanted from Winterboard.
    2009-07-13 02:42 PM
    It's not buggy.
    I'm afraid the SP3 I downloaded from Cydia, is in fact "buggy"...

Maybe the way it was packaged or what, but ever since installing it, it was hung on "reloading", restarted and WB hasn't worked since...

Small stuff like my missed calls notifications keep popping up even though I already clicked on mobilephone to erase the notification.

I'm on a hacktivated 2G iPhone, something isn't right...

*** Something big I noticed, I can no longer go into SAFE MODE, anyone else experiencing this?
    2009-07-13 03:35 PM
    I installed this and now my Springboard is read-only. No matter what I do, even if I move Icons it reverts back to what it was before. This happens even if I remove Supreme Preferences 3.0.

EDIT: After posting I saw the previous post above mine and I can confirm the same issue. No safe mode.

Unfortunately I am away tonight too which makes life more difficult as I can't do a restore and re-jailbreak.
    2009-07-13 03:37 PM
    i installed via cydia this morning. after i installed it (and updating font swap) i changed my lock clock and respringed. it took forever to respring, and when it did, my theme was gone. i went to WB to reactivate it and SP3. when my device had "resprung" (?) my theme was back, but no SP3. i went back to WB and it was still unchecked. so i checked it and unchecked then rechecked all my things that i had before. it did not automatically respring when i went back to the SB. so i manually respringed again, but still no SP3.
    2009-07-13 03:57 PM
    Is there a guide or tutorial on all the settings? I know some of them are self explanatory, but I accidentally hit the alerts switch under phone and my phone freaked out.
    2009-07-13 04:09 PM
    For some reason none of the settings are being applied when I exit supreme preferences. I go back into the settings and everything I turned on/checked is back to default, even after restart/respring. Any ideas?
    2009-07-13 04:41 PM
    Same with me. Everything was working fine with the beta 8, but the final edition is messed up. Even if I uninstall it and reinstall beta 8 its messed up now.
    2009-07-13 06:12 PM
    It's not buggy.
    If you don't want to call them bugs then call them unintended side-effects. No matter what you call it though, it's becoming more of a hindrance than the added features are worth. It's annoying to have it overwrite your settings without you having done anything. Also, don't argue with the people that are testing your stuff for free. You'd otherwise have to pay a QA department to test your stuff and seeing as how everybody here thinks your app is so cool then I'd be nice if I were you, otherwise they'll stop caring and you'll be up ****'s creek.

Listen and solve. The customer is always right, regardless of whether the app is free or not.
    2009-07-13 06:14 PM
    If you don't want to call them bugs then call them unintended side-effects. No matter what you call it though, it's becoming more of a hindrance than the added features are worth. It's annoying to have it overwrite your settings without you having done anything. Also, don't argue with the people that are testing your stuff for free. You'd otherwise have to pay a QA department to test your stuff and seeing as how everybody here thinks your app is so cool then I'd be nice if I were you, otherwise they'll stop caring and you'll be up ****'s creek.

Listen and solve. The customer is always right, regardless of whether the app is free or not.
    Your not a customer, customers buy $hi7... iMario has spent MANY hours working on this incredible FREE app for the world. there may be a few conflicting problems with your jacked phone.... but it seems to work perfect on mine.

Give a little cred and explain as to what you think may be causing the problem instead of just saying "ITS BUGGY"

We must all keep in mind that this is VERSION 1.0 and realize that everything cant always work perfect the first time for everyone.

I don't want to bash on anyone... I just think we need to keep in mind all the work these Genius developers are doing not only for themselves but giving us these incredible apps for free.

I am grateful, and what ever "bugs" there may be, (even though I haven't seen any) would be more than willing to deal with them to be able to use this great app.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-07-13 06:35 PM
    Nevermind! Haha. Very very nice. This should come preinstalled along with many other things O.o
    Last edited by Zym5; 2009-07-13 at 06:45 PM.
    2009-07-13 06:37 PM
    Same with me. Everything was working fine with the beta 8, but the final edition is messed up. Even if I uninstall it and reinstall beta 8 its messed up now.
    Exactly what happened to me. Confirmed. Maybe this is an effect of beta->final release?
    2009-07-13 06:41 PM
    For everyone that had the beta installed I hope you uninstalled the beta first before going back and installing version 1.0
    2009-07-13 06:55 PM
    Yep I removed it first. The thing is my current version is still 0.9 but I read version 1.0 above. I managed to get home and grab my laptop before heading out so I will restore and re-build as I can't do anything on the springboard now.
    2009-07-13 07:03 PM
    For everyone that had the beta installed I hope you uninstalled the beta first before going back and installing version 1.0
    doubtful that they did..... i went from beta7 (deleting everything) to 1.0 and I have no problems.... It's incredible that everyone jumps right past the idea of user error since Saurik, another developer btw... has made it so easy for people that don't know what their doing and don't bother to research anything, immediately blame the developers.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)
    2009-07-13 07:04 PM
    doubtful that they did..... i went from beta7 (deleting everything) to 1.0 and I have no problems.... It's incredible that everyone jumps right past the idea of user error since Saurik, another developer btw... has made it so easy for people that don't know what their doing and don't bother to research anything, immediately blame the developers.

Thanks for passing the blame, but I did uninstall the beta prior to installing the final version. I have read tons of accounts where the a beta will cause the final version/updated beta to crash if not uninstalled. That is why I made sure to uninstall the beta first. Do you have any specific directories that the cydia uninstall would not have deleted? or any other ideas?
    2009-07-13 07:19 PM
    I haven't been using a beta of supreme pref's and installed it from fresh today, now winterboard won't respring and when i open it back up the item's i have checked/unchecked haven't changed even after uninstalling supreme pref's. Also if i move icons around and restart the phone they are in the same place they were before i moved them...Guess its restart time
    2009-07-13 07:24 PM
    I haven't been using a beta of supreme pref's and installed it from fresh today, now winterboard won't respring and when i open it back up the item's i have checked/unchecked haven't changed even after uninstalling supreme pref's. Also if i move icons around and restart the phone they are in the same place they were before i moved them...Guess its restart time

Confirmed. Winterboard can no longer add/remove themes (check/uncheck). I would hate to have to restore because of these things, hopefully someone will figure out a fix
    2009-07-13 07:39 PM
    this is my case as well.
    2009-07-13 08:11 PM
    I'm having no problems with this at all, all the setting take, and winterboard settings and everything else works fine.
    I uninstalled 20 second lock screen to get the lock screen setting to work. The 1 minute setting makes iRealQuickSMS a pleasure to have now!
    I got it via Icy, since I am one of those people who have the "Cydia wont lauch" problem. So i'm living without Cydia.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!
    2009-07-13 08:17 PM
262 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD