when you type certain letters it crashes like sto i think it was that made mine crash
    2009-07-23 08:11 PM
    i love it it is probably one of the most useful things in cydia in my mind
    2009-07-24 05:03 AM
    this app is dope
    2009-07-26 01:29 AM
    is there an official forum or site for spotbright? I have so many problems! my phone goes into safemode 4 times a day because of it, i still use i cause it is better than going into categories, but i would love for this to stop sending my phone into safemode!
    I kinda doubt its that app thats doing it....cause ur the only one Ive heard of with that issue. Have you tried uninstalling it.
    2009-07-26 01:31 AM
    I have actually heard alot of people are having this problem.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.. it still seems to be happening.. I did get a error saying that cyntact caused the safe mode.. so I am going to uninstall cyntact and see if that does anything

EDIT: Nope did nothing, still happens, I recently restored to and it is still happening even after a fresh restore
    2009-07-26 01:35 AM
    typing 3 character or more crashes
    ModMy
    2009-07-26 04:05 PM
    Ditto, same thing happens here.
    2009-07-26 06:36 PM
    I'd been having an issue with Spotbright crashing when I typed more than two letters. I found this fix at iPhone Tip: How to Stop SpotBright From Crashing? | Top iPhone Resource that worked for me.

just do to following

•Install SpotBright from Cydia
    •Go to Settings -> General -> Home -> Search Results
    •Clear all the checked settings. Select nothing.

Spotbright will still list search results even though nothing is checked.

2009-07-29 05:59 PM
    good find
    2009-07-29 06:21 PM
    nope didnt do it for me, been spotnbrightless for about a week and a half, just reinstalled it, than unchecked everything, everything still shows up, but the crashing is still happening as well, thanks anyway!

EDIT: you think it is possible that I have to put the search results (unchecked) in the exact order of the above image? I have mine set to a different order, and this didnt work for me
    Last edited by icedx2; 2009-07-29 at 06:24 PM.
    2009-07-29 06:21 PM
    Hey,

I have tried your fix (Settings, Home, Search Results) but I am not able to uncheck everything. At least one thing stays check and cannot not uncheck. I can only chose which one stays checked but cannot uncheck all. Any experience with this?

I'd been having an issue with Spotbright crashing when I typed more than two letters. I found this fix at iPhone Tip: How to Stop SpotBright From Crashing? | Top iPhone Resource that worked for me.

just do to following

•Install SpotBright from Cydia
    •Go to Settings -> General -> Home -> Search Results
    •Clear all the checked settings. Select nothing.

Spotbright will still list search results even though nothing is checked.

Cooldread
    Outwit * Outplay * Outlast
    Survivor Guatemala Season 11 **The Maya Empire**
    Land Rover G4 Challenge **The Ultimate Global Adventure**
    2010-01-25 06:48 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.