u mean push it all the way like this?

will i could but heres the deal... it can get all the way to a point where if it frees up too much mem itll just crash the phone..
    Just to keep it above 50 (idlling) while on cydia.

if that's not too much of a headache!
    2010-04-10 08:49 AM
    inbyaffa - could you post your background picture?
    2010-04-10 04:48 PM
    U won't be able to use it on it on. It's for IOS Its cut out to fit my weather at the top and some springjumps. It's not just a pic
    2010-04-10 04:54 PM
    ah, ok - looks awesome
    2010-04-10 05:04 PM
    Hey ibnyaffa. How do I uninstall supercharged? I want to test the differences with it on and off.
    2010-04-11 03:55 AM
    Lol. Really ? U can't the diffrance ?
    Go to cydia and look for supercharged in ur installed packadge. And remove it.
    2010-04-11 04:56 AM
    oh i was just wondering...what do those huge files in the supercharged folder do? great tweak btw, just curious as to how they made this better than any other vm mods ive used in the past. thanks!
    2010-04-11 05:00 AM
    these r the data files the r associated with the tweak, like the swap files made by the vm tweak.
    Twitter and Ping: ibnyaffa
    2010-04-11 05:52 AM
    7 apps running in background included cydia and there is still 41mb of ram left ( iphone 2g) and my apps run very smoothly. All I have done is removing useless launch daemon, unused languages and installing supercharged (sorry for my bad english).
    Last edited by luudaigiang; 2010-04-11 at 01:41 PM.
    2010-04-11 01:28 PM
    nice job... congrats on the success and thanks for sharing the story with pic...

anyone else? come on its a chance to show off ur chance, themes and what ever u got hiding ..
    2010-04-11 07:12 PM
    ibnyaffa I like the new avatar. Still loving supercharged.
    2010-04-11 07:40 PM
    Although I was quite skeptical after trying out the VM tweaks, SuperCharged works as promised. Really well done.

One unrelated question: which theme are you running for SBSettings?
    2010-04-11 09:33 PM
    Oh no haha I definetly see the difference..
    I'm trying to figure out why my apps are lagging when I close them and I want to remove supercharged temporarliy just to see if it's the culprit.
    2010-04-11 10:39 PM
    Oh no haha I definetly see the difference..
    I'm trying to figure out why my apps are lagging when I close them and I want to remove supercharged temporarliy just to see if it's the culprit.
    ya just do it through cydia

ibnyaffa I like the new avatar. Still loving supercharged.
    thanks... had too change it, the wife said this one looks more to real deal lol
    Last edited by ibnyaffa; 2010-04-11 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-11 11:23 PM
    Woah, I just installed the app onto my 3G and I'm already noticing a HUGE difference in performance. Mainly with little things like scrolling between home screens and launching applications. Things are as smooth as silk while running Cydia in the background, so I'm impressed so far!

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll update my experience as I have time.

EDIT: I wrote up a quick opinion of it on another (non-iphone) forum. I'll just copy and past it in here since it covers my thoughts. Forgive the noob explanation of some things. There are users on that forum who are quite new to the whole jailbreak concept and still aren't sure whether they should go through with it.

Alright, I mentioned before I'm running a new hack which creates a page file on your phone, along with a few other performance tweaks. Well I've run it for a day and I've gotta say the difference is friggin unbelievable! I've done previous tweaks and none have made such a drastic difference to stability and performance.

The tweak is called Supercharged. The guys charges $2 before he sends you a link to a .deb file you download.

But trust me. If you own a Jailbroken iPhone 3G, this is 100% worth the $2!

Here's a shot from my phone I took before. Take note of all the open applications (including Cydia, which takes a lot of memory) and then look at the amount of free memory I have.

Before today I'd have between 12-30mb free at any given time!

The phone runs smooth as silk with bucketloads of apps open. I tested it with the following apps open:
    Mail
    Phone
    iPod
    iRealSMS
    Cydia
    Calculator
    Safari
    Facebook

And then I had the following mobile substrates running:
    Activator
    Backgrounder
    Circulous
    Displaystack
    Memorytap
    Mousesupport
    PreferenceLoader
    SimulatedKeyEvents
    Veency
    Winterboard
    Yourtube
    iRealSMS_dylib
    libhide

Veency is listed there. That's a VNC SERVER for the phone, where I can control it from any PC. I also have SSH server running, as well as Apache web server for file transferring to and from the phone through Firefox.

And I still have 28mb free memory, with everything running perfectly smooth.
    As you can tell, I'm quite impressed so far. It's definitely given my phone a new lease on life for its last month before I finally switch to the HTC Desire. Hell, I might even delay the upgrade another month!
    Last edited by jimmy-bish; 2010-04-12 at 03:10 PM.
    2010-04-12 04:57 AM

5 processes!
    46 Mobile Substrates!
    JUICED UP!
    2010-04-12 05:42 PM
    Wow. Guys thank you very much for all the nice pics and screenshots.

Jimmy-bish: I like the way u explained ur excitment to others about this tweak. And I'm glad that ur loving it.
    Kindda sad we lost another iPhone dude to the damn HTC but I understand. ;-)

June: I love ur theme. And it looks like it's gonna go on the wifes phone sometime today. ;-)

I would love to see more pics and screenshots from the rest of u happy users of supercharged.
    2010-04-12 06:14 PM
    Thanks!
    She's got it! It's still in beta though not all ui is done, but hers is pink! I don't like it, but she loves it!
    2010-04-12 06:18 PM
    Lol. I was talking about my wife... But now that u said that ur wife got the pink.... And she heard me say pink now she wants it.
    She was all like " BABY it's pink... Eeeeeeeee... "
    2010-04-12 06:23 PM
    lol, Where u talking about ur wife?

Lmao, when I release it, prob this weekend. I'll release the pink!
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2010-04-12 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-12 06:29 PM
346 ... 3456715 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD