How much memory should i be using for each backup Im using nearly 1gb for each backup seems too much?
    2011-02-04 01:05 PM
    backboard://http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/OS7Beta.zip

Just a question..did you respring after?
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 2011-02-04 at 03:14 PM.
    2011-02-04 03:11 PM
    Mine is stuck in the first screen... it says "choose your theme below" but it does not come up. it's just frozen. anyone knows how to fix that. i'd appreciate a help.
    thanks
    2011-02-05 01:06 AM
    How much memory should i be using for each backup Im using nearly 1gb for each backup seems too much?
    Thats way too much! I'm not sue where to look, but I have 17 themes saved in Backboard and am not using 1gb for all of them combined. Where can I look to find how much its taking up?
    2011-02-05 10:30 PM
    Hi can someone help please I downloaded backboard and did the + but when I go into Safari to download the theme I'm gettin Safari cannot open the page because is invalid this is the address I went to:
    backboard://http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files thank you
    I finally got it to work! Looks great!

I always got this error:
    Cannot Open Page
    Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

After 1 hour googling I found my solution. Apparently I wasn't uising the right version of Backboard. I installed v1.1.2BETA from insanelyi Repo (System), but I needed to install Backboard v1.2.1 from apt.modmyi.com (Utilities) (slow download but just be patient).
    After that I did the following steps:
    1. Make a backup from your current theme by opening Backboard and hitting the '+'-button to create a backup. Just choose a name.
    2. INSTALL BETA. Open safari and go to backboard://http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/OS7Beta.zip (or visit page with iPhone and hit this link) --> Backboard will open
    3. Hit 'OS7" and click Install --> respring
    4. INSTALL BETA 2. Open safari and go to backboard://http://4839204os73242.googlecode.com/files/OS7b0.2.zip (or visit page with iPhone and hit this link) --> Backboard will open
    5. Hit 'OS7" and click Install --> respring
    6. REMOVE POPUPS. Open safari and go to backboard://http://4839204os73242.googlecode.com/files/OS7NoPopup.zip (or visit page with iPhone and hit this link) --> Backboard will open
    7. You'll see a message that popups are disabled --> respring

Now you should have a working OS7 theme.

HOW TO UNINSTALL
    1. Download and install SBSettings in Cydia
    2. Swipe right with your finger in status bar to open SBSettings
    3. Hit the "more" button (down-left)
    4. Go to "Mobile Substrate Addons"
    5. Disable OS7
    6. Respring
    Last edited by J-J; 2011-02-07 at 04:45 AM.
    2011-02-07 04:38 AM
    After installing backboard I can no longer change my Lockscreen through winterboard.....

I had the "Blink" Lockscreen before, and after installing Backboard, it changed back to the Lockscreen set in Settings->Wallpaper.

I've tried deleting and re-SSH the Blink folder, adding the Lock Screen to the Wallpaper section (did not appear), setting it through User Lock Screen on Winterboard (replaced LockBackground.jpg with mine).
    I ended up removing Backboard but it didn't help.

Help please?
    Last edited by lite801; 2011-02-07 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Additional Info/Grammar
    2011-02-07 07:25 AM
    how can i download the customized themes like , wyndos7 and android ect ... ?
    thanks
    2011-02-08 04:15 AM
    hey people.

After downloading BackBoard from the modmyi repo, It doesn't seem to work

there is no "+" sign for me. Its stuck at the Choose Your Theme below.
    2011-02-08 07:40 AM
    QUESTION!!!

how do i make packaged themes so i can upload them and have people DL straight to backboard. i dont want to manually set up themes and THEN save them... i want to just quick save like the OS7 theme. Does anyone know how to do this... isnt this the BIGGEST part of backboard for themers? i dont understand why theres no info how to do this... PLEASE HELP!
    2011-02-08 10:38 AM
    I used BackBoard all the time before on my 3GS 4.1 and it was such a lifesaver. Worked like a charm. Now that I've updated to 4.2.1 after the new untethered Greenpois0n Jailbreak release, I honestly didn't expect BackBoard to save all my previous backups. I was just gonna set up all my old themes from scratch and save them again... but after I installed Backboard and tried to backup my default iOS4 layout it gave me a popup error message that reads "UNSUPPORTED URL. This URL wasn't loaded: backboardbeta://Setup_Exists"

2 things. Well 3 things really.

1. Obviously, it's not working lol. It wont let me save my iOS4 default theme... not under the title of "iOS4" anyway... which brings me to my second point

2. If it says the setup exists, is it possible that Backboard has all my previous themes backed up somewhere on my device? If so where could i find it and how can i re-enable them to show on BackBoard so that I don't have t go through the pain of setting all those individual themes up again.

3. It says BackBoard beta, which doesn't make any sense cuz I'm running the public release Wynd has out on Cydia. I'm sure of it. It reads "v1.2.1" I thought 1.1.0 or 1.0.1 or something like that was the beta? In any case, anyone know what this means and if 1.2.1 IS the beta, how can I actually get the current and stable version that's out on cydia on my phone? Thanks
    2011-02-08 09:37 PM
    I used BackBoard all the time before on my 3GS 4.1 and it was such a lifesaver. Worked like a charm. Now that I've updated to 4.2.1 after the new untethered Greenpois0n Jailbreak release, I honestly didn't expect BackBoard to save all my previous backups. I was just gonna set up all my old themes from scratch and save them again... but after I installed Backboard and tried to backup my default iOS4 layout it gave me a popup error message that reads "UNSUPPORTED URL. This URL wasn't loaded: backboardbeta://Setup_Exists"

2 things. Well 3 things really.

1. Obviously, it's not working lol. It wont let me save my iOS4 default theme... not under the title of "iOS4" anyway... which brings me to my second point

2. If it says the setup exists, is it possible that Backboard has all my previous themes backed up somewhere on my device? If so where could i find it and how can i re-enable them to show on BackBoard so that I don't have t go through the pain of setting all those individual themes up again.

3. It says BackBoard beta, which doesn't make any sense cuz I'm running the public release Wynd has out on Cydia. I'm sure of it. It reads "v1.2.1" I thought 1.1.0 or 1.0.1 or something like that was the beta? In any case, anyone know what this means and if 1.2.1 IS the beta, how can I actually get the current and stable version that's out on cydia on my phone? Thanks
    if you reinstalled it, there will be 2 folders in the same directory... figure out which is the current one and delete the other one to use the same names again. (this happened to me when i upgraded my 4.0.1 to 4.2.1 the other day.) i think its in /applications
    2011-02-09 01:55 AM
    QUESTION!!!

how do i make packaged themes so i can upload them and have people DL straight to backboard. i dont want to manually set up themes and THEN save them... i want to just quick save like the OS7 theme. Does anyone know how to do this... isnt this the BIGGEST part of backboard for themers? i dont understand why theres no info how to do this... PLEASE HELP!
    This is exactly what I am thinking...why are there not more themes that are available via a safari link??
    2011-02-11 01:01 AM
    WTF!! when backboard loads up it won't recognise my backups, it thinks I'm a first time user. all my settings are still in isetup
    2011-02-11 02:03 AM
    WTF!! when backboard loads up it won't recognise my backups, it thinks I'm a first time user. all my settings are still in isetup
    A nice opportunity to start over again, get rid of all the preferences you're inheriting every time you go back to a saved set-up
    2011-02-11 11:48 AM
    ^^^^yeah, done it this morning and cleaned a lot of dead wood out of the phone.
    2011-02-11 12:50 PM
    i deleted one setup and it got rid of all 12
    2011-02-11 09:15 PM
    I figured out why some people here have been getting 1gb backups of there themes. I went crazy when I saw that I lost 10gb of space on my phone and realized that it was all from backboard. I only had 3 saved themes, each only ~3gb.

When Backboard saves your layout, it saves everything in /var/mobile/Library/Preference/ so if you have iBye or AppBackup and you have stuff locally backed up, backboard will copy those folders everytime you save a theme. This is also why it takes for ever to save a theme in the first place.

I do hope the developer can make a workaround for iBye and AppBackup.
    Hacking away at the Apple tree!

It can't be Crysis...... Unless you have a Crisis trying to kill those damn aliens
    Sys specs: AMD Phenom X4 9650 2.3ghz, 4 gb ram, OS: Windows 7 F.I.R.E 2010 Edition, nVidia 7900 GS, I-INC 25" LCD Monitor

Proud iPhone 4 32gb Black 5.0.1 and iPad 3 64gb Black 5.1 owner
    2011-02-12 11:41 AM
    no matter how i tried, I cannot get Backboard to work. I clean restore my iPhone 4 firmware 4.2.1 3 times, installed backboard before installing anything.

Backboard lunch and stuck at at splash screen "choose theme below" it never moved ! can someone enlighten me what I did wrong?

I tried to email the backboard creator but he has not reply me yet

can someone here help me on this ?
    2011-02-15 12:47 PM
    Everything is working fine here, except for the preview. Has anybody figured out how to fix it yet?
    ta
    2011-02-17 09:16 AM
    How can you make one of these awesome themes? And also have installed from cydia so we can use your piracy thing?
    2011-02-18 11:59 PM
446 ... 81617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD