RIP
    ^LOL...too dramatic?
    2010-08-08 02:49 AM
    ^LOL...too dramatic?
    Nah....Good friend while it lasted. Let's bow our heads in silence. (trumpet in background - Taps)
    Last edited by tdamocles; 2010-08-08 at 03:00 AM.
    2010-08-08 02:56 AM
    Has anyone else used this MobilLog 4.0 app before? Would like to know if you can install it on multiple phones for the one $10 price like some other Cydia apps.

@sirozha - FYI, it's not an Apple thing to not integrate sound notifications, this is common on other smartphones like Blackberries too. When I used to own a BB, I had to buy an app to get the audio reminders. Weird that it's a standard feature on a cheapo non-smartphone but you have to pay extra for the feature on a smartphone.
    I bought mobile log, reminders dont work 100%...sometime they do...so it is possible for them to fix it. I dont really like intelliscreen so i stay away from it. Once mobilelog works 100% it would be worth some money...maybe not $10. (even though thats what i got it for)
    2010-08-08 05:51 AM
    I bought mobile log, reminders dont work 100%...sometime they do...so it is possible for them to fix it. I dont really like intelliscreen so i stay away from it. Once mobilelog works 100% it would be worth some money...maybe not $10. (even though thats what i got it for)
    Seemed like something that is interesting but the time intervals for alerts should be more selectable.
    2010-08-08 05:54 AM
    I'd hate to pay $10 for an app if I can't customize the settings exactly the way I want it...and it should work 100% of the time.
    2010-08-08 06:00 AM
    The developer of Lockinfo should simply copy what the Intelliborn guys are doing and add notifications to his program. It is the only reason I'm still using Intelliscreen because Notifier is broke and Lockinfo has no built-in notification function like Intelliscreen. I'd pay double the price ($10) for Lockinfo if they added it.
    2010-08-08 08:27 PM
    Same here. I would buy LockInfo if it had repeating calendar alerts.
    2010-08-08 09:44 PM
    Having something repeat notifications is THE reason I jailbroke my phone in the first place over a year ago. I keep looking for someone to release something that will do this well. So far my list is something like this:

• Intelliscreen - I think this might work but I havent paid to test it out yet
    • StatusNotifier - Discontinued
    • iMobileLog - Doesnt alert on everything and some people report it is "buggy"
    • Notified - Sounds like it will pop up alert icons but not provide repeated audible alerting
    • MyProfiles - This used to work in 3.x for most things but never worked very well. No idea if it will work in 4.x

Does anyone know any other apps that might repeat audible alerts?
    2010-08-09 06:31 AM
    as far as my knowledge goes, intelliscreen seems to be the best mainly because intelliborn, the developer, is still very much in the scene and constantly updating his app.
    2010-08-09 03:43 PM
    Yes I JB primarily for the same reason. I am absolutely stunned that Apple, typically known for excellent software design, seemed to totally drop the ball as far as configuration of repeating alerts, silent times, etc. in addition to the stock lockscreen being virtually useless. It is like the design group were a bunch of geeks that carry their phone with them 24-hrs a day. Early on in my iPhone life I missed many important voicemails and text messages because I was away from my phone for an hour or so and had no idea I had messages waiting. Completely ridiculous.

Intelliscreen solves both problems quite well. It would be nice to have individual control of the different type of alerts but what they have now works well without issues which is more than what everyone else can say. I also wish they had an option to hide the unlock slider and use a smaller clock to get more lockscreen screen real estate (like Lockinfo does). If Lockinfo added notification functionality I would probably switch to that.
    2010-08-09 05:37 PM
    The non-repeating audio alerts is NOT an Apple restriction or design flaw. It's common among smartphone devices to not have this feature. You always have to get the functionality from a third-party app, whether paid or free. I had to pay for the app for both Samsung & Blackberry smartphones.
    2010-08-09 05:47 PM
    So if everyone else's design sucks, then it is okay for yours too? I don't think that is a good justification for the functionality not being there. If we had that kind of attitude about most things in this world, we would be going nowhere.
    2010-08-09 05:52 PM
    Not justifying the omission of the feature or saying I like it, just that unfortunately, it's commonplace.
    2010-08-09 06:02 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and say I would definitely donate $20 and pay for this app if it could be revived somehow on iOS 4. Don't need it to do anything more than what Notifier did -- Notifier was PERFECT.
    2010-08-10 02:00 PM
    well... a few comments and observations......

I downloaded inteliscreen under there trial and sounds and repeat alerts seem to work fine. They warn you about battery life if you select too small of a interval , but it works.

does seem bloated , just has alot of extra stuff if you are just looking for repeat alert which is why I wanted notifier to work.....

however for 10 bucks for use of just repeat alerts seems a high cost and add the fact that it requires jail break to run means you are at the mercy of hacking when a new IOS version comes out

so how is Intelliscreen doing the "timing" hack that notifier has to find a new method to get scheduling to allow repeat alerts?

doesnt mobile substright provide that?

seems that were 99.9 percent there with Notifier , just need to find that "timer" hack? well.. I dont know if hack is the correct term ,but if Inteliscreen can do it... its possible?
    2010-08-10 05:01 PM
    Did you test the repeating IntelliAlerts very well with iOS4?

They donīt work for me with iOS4!

As soon as the iPhone goes into itīs "depper" locked/sleep state (lets say 1-2 minutes after the screen goes off), i donīt get any reminders.

As soon as i press the home or lock-button (so that the screen goes on and shows the lockscreen), the "outdated" alert starts.

IntelliAlerts (Calendar/Calls) donīt work while phone locked/screen switched off (iOS4)
    Last edited by a username; 2010-08-10 at 05:17 PM.
    2010-08-10 05:10 PM
    n00neimp0rtant or anyone else can share the status icons from the pics above?

I can verified that Notifier works with iP4 with the packages above.
    The icons come in a Winterboard theme when you install Status Notifier Fix.
    2010-08-10 05:59 PM
    Did you test the repeating IntelliAlerts very well with iOS4?

They donīt work for me with iOS4!

As soon as the iPhone goes into itīs "depper" locked/sleep state (lets say 1-2 minutes after the screen goes off), i donīt get any reminders.

As soon as i press the home or lock-button (so that the screen goes on and shows the lockscreen), the "outdated" alert starts.

IntelliAlerts (Calendar/Calls) donīt work while phone locked/screen switched off (iOS4)

yah I just got an alert about 5 minutes ago and it worked great.
    2010-08-10 08:03 PM
    ok so we install Notifier first and the this fix? Works on i4?
    2010-08-10 09:28 PM
    ok so we install Notifier first and the this fix? Works on i4?
    it works ,but its not complete. it will display icons on the top status bar of the phone ,but the function most people want does not work and thats to provide repeat alerts
    2010-08-10 10:00 PM
212 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD