Uh, besides the new icon (pretty awesome) what are the new features in 3.0.1?
    2011-03-10 12:03 AM
    3.0.1? Why did I not recieve that yet?
    2011-03-10 02:34 AM
    Uh, besides the new icon (pretty awesome) what are the new features in 3.0.1?
    I believe they said it brings added stability / performance upgrades. They've also added a airPrint feature for webpages (you'll find it under plugins).

@SnowLeo: Check your spam-folder.. Found my mail in there
    2011-03-10 08:26 AM
    I believe they said it brings added stability / performance upgrades. They've also added a airPrint feature for webpages (you'll find it under plugins).

@SnowLeo: Check your spam-folder.. Found my mail in there
    Well SoulFear did the work for us over there.

@SnowLeo : Yeah the 3.0 brings added stability and performance upgrade, lemme know if you still haven't received them. It's sent to your gmail account.

@Stormhunter : Thanks, We are glad you liked the Logo.

@All : Some bad news in store , We got off a lengthy conversation with Apple. It seems that they are not going to approve 3.0 until we made the plugins to be available locally instead of our servers and get rid of a Private API which made the scrolling at par with Safari. We had to oblige or we could have faced some music [ one of our competitor was pulled out from App Store because of it ] which means the Ad-hoc version you guys have will have smoother performance then others. Sadly, it also means that 360 Browser will not have smooth scrolling as that of Safari .

Regards,
    DP-Prodigy
    2011-03-12 07:03 PM
    Performance is much better! (: it was in my spam folder for some reason.

Screw apple! Why the hell does it matter so much to them? Their only hurting themselves by hurting the quality of the app by putting on so many restrictions!

So by having the plugins locally... Its going to mean all of plugins are part of the app and the app size will be bigger... Not too big of a deal but completely unnessisary for people that dont want all of the plugins.

I honestly dont understand the whole no private APIs crap. Why can safari scroll so smooth but this browser cant with normal APIs? Does safari use APIs not available to developers to accomplish this? How about like mercury browser? They have the smoothest scrolling of any of them.. Are they using private APIs?

Im sure theres probably a much more complicated answer than I might make it sound but the smoothness of safari was really on of the things that set safari above the android browser. Of course on android its much better to just use Dolphin but you guys should be able to make this browser do everything safari can do better with your millions of other features.

Will you continue to create preview versions with the private APIs? (:
    2011-03-12 07:48 PM
    I wouldn't mind beta testing releases of 360 browser if it's cool with you guys, now that I got my iPhone 4 and all. Thanks
    2011-03-12 07:50 PM
    By the way I love using this browser so much on my Verizon iPhone 4 and it looks so nice and is so fast. I have not gotten 1 crash with my verizon iphone nor have I gotten a crash in any app on my verizon iphone... Except cydia.

Only minor complaint is that the favicons are not HD. Not a hude deal though.

Are you guys in the process of updating to ios 4.3 and ipad 2? Im gonna get an ipad 2 in about a week or so and even the "improved" 4.3 safari doesn't stand a chance to being as fast as this browser
    2011-03-12 07:51 PM
    Performance is much better! (: it was in my spam folder for some reason.

Screw apple! Why the hell does it matter so much to them? Their only hurting themselves by hurting the quality of the app by putting on so many restrictions!

So by having the plugins locally... Its going to mean all of plugins are part of the app and the app size will be bigger... Not too big of a deal but completely unnessisary for people that dont want all of the plugins.
    : Yes, though it only adds 400 KB or so in their compressed form but still its a overhead anyway and it means that plugins can't be updated without skipping thru the approval process

I honestly dont understand the whole no private APIs crap. Why can safari scroll so smooth but this browser cant with normal APIs? Does safari use APIs not available to developers to accomplish this? How about like mercury browser? They have the smoothest scrolling of any of them.. Are they using private APIs?
    : Yes, the APIs used by Safari aren't available publicly to use and thus they are called private APIs. Mercury, iCab, Perfect all use them and in fact Atomic was taken off the App Store for the use of the same Private API. We would have been too if we haven't given in to Apple's Demand.

Im sure theres probably a much more complicated answer than I might make it sound but the smoothness of safari was really on of the things that set safari above the android browser. Of course on android its much better to just use Dolphin but you guys should be able to make this browser do everything safari can do better with your millions of other features.

Will you continue to create preview versions with the private APIs? (:
    Well, Yes, the plugins and the Private API will remain in Ad-Hoc Version for our Beta-Users

@moon-pie : Let us know your UDID of your iPhone and iPad and we will add you to our Beta-Users as well.

@Snowleo : Yeah, The favicons aren't retina based as most of the websites haven't optimized them for iphone 4 which means you get the same 16px icon and not the 32px one when you query them .

We haven't updated to iOS 4.3 as of yet and our iPad 2 is under transit. As a safety measure, we will update the iOS to 4.3 once the Version 3.0 of 360 gets approved by Apple.
    2011-03-12 08:41 PM
    2 requests:

1. Holding down on back arrow to bring up list of previous pages to choose much like the drop doen arrow on the back button in firefox. Same with forward button.

2. Open in feature within download manager. Would be very helpful especially if you can get it to work with ifile.
    2011-03-15 01:41 AM
    Working on req. 1 and pull to refresh.

Open in feature is already present in Download Manager. Just goto File Manager and Long Tap a file and select Open In .

On a Different and Happy note ,
    We are finally cleared by Apple after an extremely long review. We took this time to purge 3.0 together with 3.0.1 which brings stability and doubles the performance of the 360 Browser [ At least in terms of managing tabs].

The review process was tedious and some things had to be shuffled around for Apple to approve us. Those are :

A] Installing Plugins is no longer done from a server. In fact, all the Plugins are Pre-Installed and the Add Plugins module had to be changed to Plugins Info.
    B] The File Sharing via iTunes is no longer permitted to us, at least until the next update which means you can either share files by File Sharing Web Server, Dropbox or by Mailing it to you.

The above two things would be present in the Ad-Hoc Release [But would be absent in the upcoming version] since we are upgrading our servers for the theme bundles and would not like to shuffle more things than we can handle.

Not all of it was bad, We managed to create a LITE version of 360 Web Browser as well which will be launched with the Version 3.0 update. We also created a Press Package which sports the new Logo of 360 along with Screens and other details and can be downloaded from : http://360.digitalpoke.com/uploads/P...360Browser.zip

360 Web Browser will now launch on 24th March, Thursday at 0800 hours (PDT).

Thanks for being with us and supporting us, We wouldn't have been here if it weren't for you guys .

With Best Wishes,
    DP-Prodigy
    2011-03-18 05:30 AM
    Glad to hear you got through apples godforsaken approval process. It really is a shame that they do this stuff and its very obvious their intentions are quite to the contrary of "quality control" but infact are additional methods of anti-competition by restricting their own tools to developers in order to make it harder for them to make apps better in all aspects than the default and they can get away with this crap because they obviously have the most successful market out their for the developers so the developers are forced to abide by the "apple laws" or end up making almost nothing in comparison by going to android. Really is a shame.

Anyways. Still just loving with the performance and glad your going to implement pull to refresh as I really love that feature.

The performance enhancements you guys release always make everything significantly snappier, and more fluid whihc is quite impressive.
    However, with all of your features although the app can handle all te tasks easily and work in a very quick manner, by looking in sbsettings I consistantly see this browser taking well over 100mbs by it self which is a crazy amount of ram for a single app. This was obviously the reason why I experienced crashes before on my rigged up 3gs but even on my Verizon iPhone 4 with the 512mbs of ram I often have to close this app in the background to get memory back to use in other apps. Again there is obviously no easy fix to be able to do everything this browser does without consuming a lot of resources. I love the performance updates and they should definitely keep coming as well as the features but I just want to try to help you guys inprove and optimize this app so I am suggesting that in future performance updates that you focus more on making everything run more efficently in the app and use as little memory as possible. Maybe even implement that in app activity monitor to monitor and close tasks within the browser that I suggested a while back. Not sure what apple would think of this especially after they got rid of all memory freeing apps. Perhaps you could just implement the function of google chrome where if a tab is not loading properly or slowing down the browser it shows a popup that will let you make it stop loading or reload when it detects an issue.

Ability to add rss feeds to the bookmarks with a badge in the bookmark button would be cool.

Widget plugins? Like a calculator widget plugin, a weather and forecast plugin. Would be super awesome if they were all interactive widgets and like animated weather. Maybe even social networking plugin widgets? Maybe a notes plugin?

Would be awesome if you could integrate other features in the plugins and turn them more into google chrome style webapps- for example: a notes widget plugin but it also lets you sync your notes to gmail, mobileme, email a note, print a note, ect. Maybe a photo effects plugin where it turns on the camera and lets you put on different photobooth like effects for video and pictures then has basic editing tools like cropping, contrast, brightness, after effects, borders an labels, ect. And lets you either save to photos, email, or upload to facebook, twitter, or a photo hosting site like photobucket. Perhaps a voip widget plugin that lets you use different voip clients within the app. Perhaps an in-app texting plugin. Maybe a calendar that syncs with google calendar, mobileme calendar, microsoft exchange and displays the calendar in an interactive android widget manner.

Would be cool if there was a button in the bottom bar or in the settings for access to all app/widget plugins that displays them as icons with labels like in the android launcher where it takes up the full (or most) of the screen and allows vertical scrolling.

Augmented reality in some form?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2011-03-18 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-03-18 05:59 AM
    Loving te new update. Soooooo much faster!!!

I'll have to send you guys my new UDID because I got a replacement iPhone.

The scrolling doesnt feel that different. I kinda like it.
    2011-03-26 07:31 AM
    [quote=SnowLeo;5900997]Glad to hear you got through apples godforsaken approval process. It really is a shame that they do this stuff and its very obvious their intentions are quite to the contrary of "quality control" but infact are additional methods of anti-competition by restricting their own tools to developers in order to make it harder for them to make apps better in all aspects than the default and they can get away with this crap because they obviously have the most successful market out their for the developers so the developers are forced to abide by the "apple laws" or end up making almost nothing in comparison by going to android. Really is a shame.

Anyways. Still just loving with the performance and glad your going to implement pull to refresh as I really love that feature.

The performance enhancements you guys release always make everything significantly snappier, and more fluid whihc is quite impressive.
    [QUOTE]
    Thanks , glad you like them. We did all we can to come with a unique scrolling technique... something which our competitors are still far off and which is the first step to implement back and forward list of sites .

However, with all of your features although the app can handle all te tasks easily and work in a very quick manner, by looking in sbsettings I consistantly see this browser taking well over 100mbs by it self which is a crazy amount of ram for a single app. This was obviously the reason why I experienced crashes before on my rigged up 3gs but even on my Verizon iPhone 4 with the 512mbs of ram I often have to close this app in the background to get memory back to use in other apps. Again there is obviously no easy fix to be able to do everything this browser does without consuming a lot of resources. I love the performance updates and they should definitely keep coming as well as the features but I just want to try to help you guys inprove and optimize this app so I am suggesting that in future performance updates that you focus more on making everything run more efficently in the app and use as little memory as possible.
    Yeah, we do realize the extended memory 360 takes, part of which is due to the cache mechanism to deliver everything faster. We are constantly making changes to our algorithms to deliver the same performance with less memory usage, something which was started again with 3.0

Maybe even implement that in app activity monitor to monitor and close tasks within the browser that I suggested a while back. Not sure what apple would think of this especially after they got rid of all memory freeing apps. Perhaps you could just implement the function of google chrome where if a tab is not loading properly or slowing down the browser it shows a popup that will let you make it stop loading or reload when it detects an issue.

Ability to add rss feeds to the bookmarks with a badge in the bookmark button would be cool.
    Suggestions noted down

Widget plugins? Like a calculator widget plugin, a weather and forecast plugin. Would be super awesome if they were all interactive widgets and like animated weather. Maybe even social networking plugin widgets? Maybe a notes plugin?
    Right now efforts are going on to make a plugin central which will extend it's capabilities to be called from anywhere in the app and use 360 browser details, something which we limited to since they were hosted online. So good things will come.

Would be awesome if you could integrate other features in the plugins and turn them more into google chrome style webapps- for example: a notes widget plugin but it also lets you sync your notes to gmail, mobileme, email a note, print a note, ect. Maybe a photo effects plugin where it turns on the camera and lets you put on different photobooth like effects for video and pictures then has basic editing tools like cropping, contrast, brightness, after effects, borders an labels, ect. And lets you either save to photos, email, or upload to facebook, twitter, or a photo hosting site like photobucket. Perhaps a voip widget plugin that lets you use different voip clients within the app. Perhaps an in-app texting plugin. Maybe a calendar that syncs with google calendar, mobileme calendar, microsoft exchange and displays the calendar in an interactive android widget manner.

Would be cool if there was a button in the bottom bar or in the settings for access to all app/widget plugins that displays them as icons with labels like in the android launcher where it takes up the full (or most) of the screen and allows vertical scrolling.
    These things unfortunately will take more memory, so they will have to wait till we make our caching mechanism better but will sure visit them as soon as we are done with the other stuff.

@Moon#Pie
    Loving te new update. Soooooo much faster!!!

I'll have to send you guys my new UDID because I got a replacement iPhone.

The scrolling doesnt feel that different. I kinda like it.
    Thanks , Let me know of the new UDID and I will add it to the pool too

@All our beta-testers : Would you like to be a part of our new initiative Project Clippy , It's a game we are developing and we would love to have your feedback, Beta-testing will start in three weeks so let me know.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    2011-03-27 05:47 PM
    Would love to try out your game and give feedback (:
    2011-03-27 06:00 PM
    I'm game. I'll PM you my new UDID soon.
    2011-03-27 08:52 PM
    Count me in! I'm also purchasing a iPad 2 soon, so I'll be able to test a bit using that device too!
    2011-03-28 08:05 PM
    And I'm in for the beta of the game as well as 360 updates.
    2011-03-28 08:09 PM
    Hey, didn't get any email updates! I just wanted to say that the browser is awesome as always. There's two things that would be nice to have:

A feature list (like the ones you've given us before)

And a Auto-pager thingy-mo-bob. Like, it detects that there is more pages of data and loads them in the background so the page loads instantly.

Also, tbh I have no idea whether the browser is faster or not. I don't see how a browser could somehow make pages load faster. However, the GUI aspects are faster, but sometimes when i type really fast into the google search bar the app crashes. Thanks again for including me in the beta (with it's awesome scrolling!)
    2011-03-29 08:20 PM
    Thanks SnowLeo, Moon#Pie, SoulFear & Stormhunter
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 2011-03-31 at 02:23 AM.
    2011-03-30 10:57 PM
    No no, thank you guys for being an awesome dev team who doesn't have their heads stuck up the arses! *cough*gameloft*cough*
    2011-03-31 02:01 AM
346 ... 61415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD