Thanks for the appreciation moon#pie

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy

Read It Later Plugin has been updated... Please Re-Install the Plugin.

Cheers,
    Digital Poke Crew
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 2010-11-16 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-16 02:30 PM
    Browser Changer v 1.1-1 is out in cydia with 360 browser support!! It works great! Finally I can get rid of safari for everything.... Except downloading with SDM.. But soon enough I will be able to use 360 browser for that too (;

It even has better support for browser changer because it actually opens the links in a new tab where with most other browsers like perfect browser it does it in the current tab and makes me lose the current tab.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-11-16 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-16 08:36 PM
    i know, that was the icing on the cake, good collaboration DP and the browser changer author tom-go!

on a side note, two things i noticed was that on 360 browser, is when you have the keyboard up, you cant change orientation with that active, you have to close keyboard, rotate and then bring it up again, slight pain, when you want to change to landscape, lets say, halfway through some typing - but am not sure if thats some kinf limitation thats out of peoples hands

second, i wanted to add a bookmark to home screen today, like you can with safari, and i couldnt find out how to - i am assuming this isnt implemented?

:-)
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along
    2010-11-16 08:48 PM
    Getting this when I try to open an itunes link in 360 browser
    2010-11-16 09:38 PM
    Browser Changer v 1.1-1 is out in cydia with 360 browser support!! It works great! Finally I can get rid of safari for everything.... Except downloading with SDM.. But soon enough I will be able to use 360 browser for that too (;

It even has better support for browser changer because it actually opens the links in a new tab where with most other browsers like perfect browser it does it in the current tab and makes me lose the current tab.
    Thanks SnowLeo, as always... you made us smile

i know, that was the icing on the cake, good collaboration DP and the browser changer author tom-go!
    Thanks Quaddy

on a side note, two things i noticed was that on 360 browser, is when you have the keyboard up, you cant change orientation with that active, you have to close keyboard, rotate and then bring it up again, slight pain, when you want to change to landscape, lets say, halfway through some typing - but am not sure if thats some kinf limitation thats out of peoples hands
    That is there because of an iOS 3.0 bug, the bug has been removed in iOS 4.0 but since our App supports iOs 3 onwards, we have purposely kept it like this to not disappoint 3.0 users as well.

second, i wanted to add a bookmark to home screen today, like you can with safari, and i couldnt find out how to - i am assuming this isnt implemented?

:-)
    I am not sure whether we can implement this or not since Safari is from Apple and thus isn't sand boxed unlike every other third party application but we will dig deeper to see if it's possible.

Getting this when I try to open an itunes link in 360 browser
    Sneaky iTunes wants you to update your iOS
    2010-11-17 04:58 AM
    The wierd thing about the errot message though is that I get it in 360 browser but then when I open the same link in safari it works and takes me to the appstore.

Suggestion: inapp emailing- kinda like how the new iphoto sends the email from the app. (instead of acting opening email app)
    2010-11-17 05:14 AM
    The wierd thing about the errot message though is that I get it in 360 browser but then when I open the same link in safari it works and takes me to the appstore.

Suggestion: inapp emailing- kinda like how the new iphoto sends the email from the app. (instead of acting opening email app)
    That's actually weird.

BTW inapp-emailing is present in 360 Browser via the Mail This Plugin or the address bar command "Mail" without quotes [ case-sensitive ].

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    2010-11-17 05:22 AM
    Strange... When I try to open links from mail it simply opens the browser but only opens my old tabs. Any suggestions?
    2010-11-17 10:08 PM
    ^thats actually an issue I noticed. The tabs need to all be loaded and 360 browser needs to be running in the background before you open the link for it to work.
    2010-11-17 10:28 PM
    Strange... When I try to open links from mail it simply opens the browser but only opens my old tabs. Any suggestions?
    ^thats actually an issue I noticed. The tabs need to all be loaded and 360 browser needs to be running in the background before you open the link for it to work.
    Thanks for pointing this out, we tested it and it works all fine and dandy with the Start Up Option being set to Home Page, not so much so for the other three options [ the work-around provided by SnowLeo works though ].

So, yes, this is a bug , a minor one but still a bug nevertheless. Thanks for doing our work... again Will fix this up in the upcoming update.

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    2010-11-18 04:33 PM
    ahhh gotcha, i did not know that!

yep, thought that may be the case. thanks anyway

safari is now hidden away, and its like 360 has always been the systems default browser

That is there because of an iOS 3.0 bug, the bug has been removed in iOS 4.0 but since our App supports iOs 3 onwards, we have purposely kept it like this to not disappoint 3.0 users as well.

I am not sure whether we can implement this or not since Safari is from Apple and thus isn't sand boxed unlike every other third party application but we will dig deeper to see if it's possible
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along
    2010-11-18 05:52 PM
    Np, that's what reviewers are for.
    2010-11-19 03:11 AM
    ahhh gotcha, i did not know that!

yep, thought that may be the case. thanks anyway

safari is now hidden away, and its like 360 has always been the systems default browser
    Coming to MMi in the morning and reading the awesome things has become a habit for us , Thanks for the great support guys.

Np, that's what reviewers are for.
    Nicely said, but not many get back [ of course, you guys are awesome exceptions ].

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    2010-11-19 03:50 PM
    Geez whats wrong with this guy... this app is the most amazing browser out there.

Super fast, super awesome arc concept that was greatly executed, THEMES, and plugins so you can finally get firefox-like extensions in a mobile web browser.

Not to mention some super sexy UI and the best fullscreen mode of any browser. Theres so many awesome features I would never even dream of having in a mobile web browser. Different desktop renderings in different tabs- GENIUS!

Keep up the awesome work guys.

I used to use perfect web browser for a while but between all the extra features and speed this brower blows it outta the water!!

Besides why would you compromise all the great speed of this browser by being able to see a couple flash videos?
    Yeah I totally agree! Looks fantastic!
    2010-11-21 04:47 AM
    Yeah I totally agree! Looks fantastic!
    Thanks ,

Cheers,
    Digital Poke Crew
    Last edited by DP-Exxed; 2010-11-23 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-21 10:47 PM
    An update for 360 Browser has been planned, let us know what all you want and we will try our best to incorporate everything .

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    2010-11-23 02:15 AM
    Intergrated saved pages/bookmarks , and the ability to "Open in Safari."

Not sure if this is your problem, but when I enter a YouTube video with rotation lock on, it won't let me rotate the video-- makes sense but it's not very functional. Fix please if you can.

Also, time frame? (weeks?)
    Last edited by Stormhunter117; 2010-11-23 at 03:54 AM.
    2010-11-23 03:49 AM
    Digitalpoke wishes a Happy Thanksgiving to All. SLASHED PRICES FOR THEMES TO EXPRESS OUR GRATITUDE!!!
    2010-11-24 02:52 AM
    I just bought this app and it's certainly full of eye candy. The 360 wheels do seem fairly intuitive, but I'm not convinced it makes for a faster/easier way to browse the web yet. However with a bit more use I can see it growing on me.

There is one little thing that bugs me about it already though and I'm hoping it's just a setting I've missed. Is there a way to disable the blue and green icons in the bottom corners of the screen in fullscreen mode? I know they are necessary to access features, but I'd like an option to hide them with a three finger tap (I noticed three finger tap can be assigned to other things in settings, so I'm wondering if that could be added as an option in a future release? As it stand now it's not quite fullscreen mode as theres two little circles on the screen. Yes, I know the circles are pretty and functional, and yes I know I'm being picky and pedantic, but when it says "fullscreen" I want fullscreen! (like Atomic Web Browser's fullscreen option for example).

Also it would be great if you could speak to this developer and see if you can get added to his list, as otherwise I know a lot of jailbroken phones will stick to Atomic solely because it can be set as your default browser.
    Last edited by Ins0mniac; 2010-11-24 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-24 01:13 PM
    Intergrated saved pages/bookmarks , and the ability to "Open in Safari."
    Hi Stormhunter117, your suggestions has been duly noted down

Not sure if this is your problem, but when I enter a YouTube video with rotation lock on, it won't let me rotate the video-- makes sense but it's not very functional. Fix please if you can.
    Unfortunately, the rotation lock applies to the entire App and that's the reason it won't let you rotate the videos too when the lock is on.

Also, time frame? (weeks?)
    We are working on at and it may take a couple of weeks or so to get all the things done. Also there might be a price hike after this update ($1.99 maybe).

There is one little thing that bugs me about it already though and I'm hoping it's just a setting I've missed. Is there a way to disable the blue and green icons in the bottom corners of the screen in fullscreen mode? I know they are necessary to access features, but I'd like an option to hide them with a three finger tap (I noticed three finger tap can be assigned to other things in settings, so I'm wondering if that could be added as an option in a future release? As it stand now it's not quite fullscreen mode as theres two little circles on the screen. Yes, I know the circles are pretty and functional, and yes I know I'm being picky and pedantic, but when it says "fullscreen" I want fullscreen! (like Atomic Web Browser's fullscreen option for example).
    Hi Ins0mniac, Thanks for pitching in a suggestion, At the moment this feature isn't available yet but we have noted it and will try to incorporate it in the next update .

Also it would be great if you could speak to this developer and see if you can get added to his list, as otherwise I know a lot of jailbroken phones will stick to Atomic solely because it can be set as your default browser.
    Browser Changer already supports 360 Web Browser

Cheers,
    DP-Prodigy
    2010-11-24 03:25 PM
346 ... 5678917 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD