Hi, I didn't find tweak which will do that for me, so I made my own This is beta version and I'm sharing it for testing, especially for iPhone 3G/3GS and iPad users, couse I just have iPhone 4 and cannot test it on other devices.

You have to place icons in correct sizes for your device in "/private/var/mobile/Media/FolderIcons/" chose it in preferences and respring.

And here is the package: pl.vertex.foldericons_0.9.1-2_iphoneos-arm.deb.zip

Enjoy and let me know about any bug you found, I will try to fix them as soon as possible

Screenshots

EDIT: Updated download with bugfix.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vertexbz; 2011-08-31 at 10:32 PM. Reason: bugfix
    2011-08-31 12:52 PM
    Does this tweak not change folder icons if you're using a winterboard theme ?

I have icons in (what I assume) is the proper size, in the correct folder path, and have assigned them via the settings app, and resprung, but I'm not seeing the updated icons on the springboard.
    2011-09-07 09:40 PM
    Check bigboss repo for 1.0.0 version this thread is quite old
    2011-09-07 09:42 PM
    Check bigboss repo for 1.0.0 version this thread is quite old
    I Am am using the 1.0.0 version from Cydia.
    2011-09-07 10:42 PM
    It is compatible with winterboard do you have any tweak which disables folder icons or something?
    2011-09-07 10:48 PM
    Yep, that was it. the "NoFolderPreview" substrate addon was enabled. I turned it off, and now they are working.

Thanks for creating such a cool tweak !
    2011-09-07 11:36 PM
    Where can I find some folder icons for this awesome tweak?
    2011-09-08 01:51 AM
    Thanks a lot for creating this awesome tweak.
    Well, bug report comes, I just don't really know what to report. I am using it on iPad 4.2.1. I was... I just did the same thing one by one (putting my icons in folders and SSHing in my custom icons to the given folder) when on the eighth folder it crashed. I resprung, then rebooted, then removed tweak-manually removed icon folder-rebooted-reinstalled the tweak and I did this a couple of times but it's the same, it just quits immediately. Half of the folder icons are what I have set, half of them reverted back to the default folder view. I am willing to "leakfind"; if you tell me where I can find some logfiles I can copy/paste them. Is there any setting file that it creates with the folder icons I set up so that I could check and maybe manually mod it?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by iNfected; 2011-09-08 at 01:21 PM.
    2011-09-08 12:51 PM
    Your latest update partly solved the problem, I was able to install it again and it did not quit right away.
    But then after one respring Springboard crashed and I got into safe mode, and I was unable to respring correctly again until I removed the package. I reinstalled, same thing, Springboard crash, safe mode, no way to get out of the loop. I did this a few times and ended up removing it again so that I can respring normally. Can you please add a "reset settings" option to it? It is clear that by removing the package it does not remove its settings because when I reinstalled it today it remembered my five folder icons set the last time (when I posted the first comment). Thanks! Although - I don't think even that would solve anything. If I reinstall it again I get into safe mode immediately... Perhaps best would be a separate app that removes the settings for users stuck in safe mode. Or to implement that when we remove the app it should remove its own settings. (Then I can install it again, get forced into safe mode, remove the package, get out of the infinite loop)
    Last edited by iNfected; 2011-09-11 at 08:58 PM.
    2011-09-11 08:33 PM
    I need help. I installed foldericons and found that iTunes no longer shows my folders, it shows all of my apps outside the folders on many more pages so I uninstalled foldericons now iTunes doesn't see my iPhone at all. Tried DiskAid with same result. Anyone know how to resolve this?
    2011-09-12 08:05 AM
    Could someone shed some light?

Everytime i try and install this app, I get stuck into the safe mode reset loop. Ive tried everything I can find on what to do - ie uninstall, delete files, reinstall etc... but nothing is working, just keep getting the loop

If anyone can help, Id really appreciate it

Note - im not that advanced user, so there is prob something normally really obvisous I am not getting.

Cheers
    2011-09-30 03:43 AM
    how is this tweak?
    2012-06-28 06:45 PM
    how is this tweak?
    What do you mean?
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide
    2012-06-28 06:45 PM
    What do you mean?
    do you like it?
    2012-06-28 06:46 PM
    Any update in the works for iOS6?
    2013-02-14 04:56 AM
    Any update in the works for iOS6?
    +1
    2013-02-14 05:07 AM
    Also looking forward to a possible update!!
    2013-03-11 07:37 PM
    still broke?
    2013-08-13 08:55 PM
    FolderIcons for iOS 7.0.4 is now available in BigBoss repo.

[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p1.png[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p2.png[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p3.png[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p4.png

This version currently has no arm64 support cause I'dont have a device for testing and I will not use someone's device couse due few bugs during development I had big problems with restoring my iPhone 4 and dont want to brick someone's phone. Current ETA is "someday", apple products in Poland are pretty expensive and I currentl can't afford it. Anyway you can help with donations at my paypal account

Cheers
    2014-01-27 10:41 PM
    FolderIcons for iOS 7.0.4 is now available in BigBoss repo.

[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p1.png[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p2.png[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p3.png[Release] FolderIcons - set your custom icon for each folder!-p4.png

This version currently has no arm64 support cause I'dont have a device for testing and I will not use someone's device couse due few bugs during development I had big problems with restoring my iPhone 4 and dont want to brick someone's phone. Current ETA is "someday", apple products in Poland are pretty expensive and I currentl can't afford it. Anyway you can help with donations at my paypal account

Cheers
    Thx Bud 😁👊💢 Donation Sent
    2014-01-29 04:01 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD