I just can't justify spending any money until 2.0 comes out. #1 - I want to see if the app I paid for works with 2.0, #2 - What if the app costs more than a similiar version on the app store?

Has anyone else thought of this?
    2008-04-18 07:58 PM
    All day long
    2008-04-18 08:18 PM
    I just can't justify spending any money until 2.0 comes out. #1 - I want to see if the app I paid for works with 2.0, #2 - What if the app costs more than a similiar version on the app store?

Has anyone else thought of this?
    As many others have pointed out, if Apple is to stick to its stated policy for software release ONLY through iTunes, then both Apple and the developer will have to jump through a few hoops in order to be able to honor the existing sales (which are basically unsupported by Apple, since obviously jailbreaking is not supported, so all these sales never existed as far as Apple is concerned).

That said, I don't see any reason why the developer could not do something privately to take care of this. I am sure that Apple will support downloading of trial software. So all we would have to do is go through the proper channels to download a trial and then the developer should allow us to enter our existing key and unlock the program.

And then of course there is the possibility that it can just be done outside of the whole scheme. After all, we are not supposed to be able to install native apps on our iPhones, but, err... I think we got around that didn't we? ;-)
    2008-04-18 11:34 PM
    yeah there is no way i'll pay for an app if i can't use it for the next update...... 45$ also yeah right

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!
    2008-05-05 11:12 AM
104 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD