How are people going to say Awesome app when it won't let you change the save path to use it!!...a better way of saying it is...A work in progress. This is just an idea that gets everyones hopes up
    How are people not going to say this is an Awesome app when all they have to do is create a Symlink to the save path wherever they wish!!... a better way of saying it is... How do I change the save path? This is just an idea that helps out those who don't know better.
    2008-05-05 08:40 PM
    How are people not going to say this is an Awesome app when all they have to do is create a Symlink to the save path wherever they wish!!... a better way of saying it is... How do I change the save path? This is just an idea that helps out those who don't know better.
    how exactly do you createa symlink?
    2008-05-06 12:04 AM
    how exactly do you createa symlink?
    You can do this through a Terminal window on your iPhone, Mac or PC.

Syntax:
    ln -s Directory-To-Symbolicly-Link Target-Directory

In Example:
    ln -s /var/root/Downloads /var/mobile/Downloads

Notes:
    In the example above, if a Downloads folder already exists in /var/mobile directory, the symlink will be placed in /var/mobile/Downloads/Downloads and will ultimately not work correctly.

Deleting the Symlinked folder will not affect your Host Directory.

Symlinks are commonly displayed with a "Shortcut" arrow on them in programs such as WinSCP or CyberDuck.
    2008-05-06 12:19 AM
    You can do this through a Terminal window on your iPhone, Mac or PC.

Syntax:
    ln -s Directory-To-Symbolicly-Link Target-Directory

In Example:

Notes:
    In the example above, if a Downloads folder already exists in /var/mobile directory, the symlink will be placed in /var/mobile/Downloads/Downloads and will ultimately not work correctly.

Deleting the Symlinked folder will not affect your Host Directory.

Symlinks are commonly displayed with a "Shortcut" arrow on them in programs such as WinSCP or CyberDuck.
    so basically its creating a shortcut within a specific directory? Is that just so we can find the stuff easier, or does that actually effect the torrents?

* Also I have another quick q, someone said earlier to not use this on edge, is that because of speed issues, or for security? Sorry to sound like a n00b, but I just wanna be sure that my assumptions are correct
    Last edited by harryding; 2008-05-06 at 01:12 AM.
    2008-05-06 12:38 AM
    Cool a working torrent program for iPhone. Should be good.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone
    2008-05-06 02:09 AM
    It's not finding my file, i downloaded it with safari plugin, I tried moving it to both folders manually, and its still not finding it.
    2008-05-06 03:56 AM
    so basically its creating a shortcut within a specific directory? Is that just so we can find the stuff easier, or does that actually effect the torrents?

* Also I have another quick q, someone said earlier to not use this on edge, is that because of speed issues, or for security? Sorry to sound like a n00b, but I just wanna be sure that my assumptions are correct
    I would assume that EDGE would be a slow connection when downloading large files.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!
    2008-05-06 10:10 PM
    Has anyone gotten it to work? It's in my private/var/mobile/Downloads folder, not finding it.
    2008-05-07 02:37 AM
    omg yes i was waiting for someone to create this!
    2008-05-07 09:08 AM

I would probably think because edge is limited to only 200mb a month, well in uk it is, you would use all that in no time, then your bills would start to cost alot if you carried on..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php
    2008-05-07 09:28 AM
    ATT doesn't charge you for that, so it's fine.
    2008-05-07 11:00 PM
    ATT doesn't charge you for that, so it's fine.
    Yea i thought that it was unlimted edge with the plan that you sign up for if ur already on att.

Also has anyone gotten this to work, and how? I cant get it to see my stuff
    2008-05-07 11:50 PM
    Same here, waiting for someone who got it to work :P
    2008-05-09 02:01 AM
    people have said earlier in this thread that they dled stuff, some can someone explain how they got it to work?
    2008-05-12 05:47 PM
    Both the history dl app and the plugin do not work for me - historydl just downloaded the HTML of the torrent site! I'm guessing people got it to work by manually downloading a torrent file on their PC and putting the file on their iPhone.
    2008-05-14 11:49 AM
    Both the history dl app and the plugin do not work for me - historydl just downloaded the HTML of the torrent site! I'm guessing people got it to work by manually downloading a torrent file on their PC and putting the file on their iPhone.
    I had it working like a month ago but haven't tried since refreshing my phone. I had to download and install a modified version of safari plugin and add the torrent file extension in the plugin so it would see the torrents to download to phone(found on some other forum). Once downloaded I had to move to torrent to the correct directory so this program would see it and then clicked import and bam downloading started. After it finished I had to move the finished file to another location so avplayer would play it. Sorry to be so vague but I haven't done it in awhile and I am not at my pc right now. Edge speeds were ok(12kbps), just killed battery much faster then wifi.

If you are just using for music then I would use the new program that just came out today I think called iSlsk. It is a P2P music download program and has nice interface
    2008-05-14 07:54 PM
    I Can download the files fine, even if i put them manually, it doesnt find it.
    2008-05-15 01:29 AM
    Here is a very useful forum page where it helped me get everything working. Very long and the important info is scatter so I recommend reading the whole thing. Well worth it

Click Me
    2008-05-15 05:14 AM
    This works fine as long as you apply a small workaround. I downloaded the .torrent file using the Safari Plugin, this downloads the file into the /var/root/Downloads folder. The Torrentula iphone applications looks for the .torrent file in the /var/mobile/Downloads folder.

There are 2 ways to resolve this issue, you can use the terminal app to move the .torrents file to /var/mobile/Downloads folder or you can create a symlink

Hope this helps... Regards, Mandeep

PS: I believe on other forums a request has been made to the developer so they can make a change and by default look for the file in the /var/root/Downloads folder. Meanwhile you can use eithe of the above methods.
    2008-05-20 03:02 AM
    if i create a symlink
    will my downloads atomatically goes into the
    var/mobile/Downloads?
    or its just a link and the original file is still in the
    var/droot/Downloads?
    2008-06-30 12:01 AM
45 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD