customize works kind of for me... i can rearrange the dock and the top 2 rows of icons, but no matter what order i put the 3rd or 4th row they won't change to the way I have them set in rSBT
    What is your Springboard Icons count set to in rBST / Customize? I am gueassing you have it set to 8 (4 per row x 2 rows) and therefore all other icons are being treated as extended apps, which end up in the "thirdParty" section of .plist.

It seems that anything in the "thirdParty" section of the M68AP.plist is presented by SummerBoard in an arbitrary ordering. Not sure this is even a rBST problem, unless there is another file that maintains the ordering of icone (anyone confirm?). Cause my SummerBoard clearly is not respecting the ordering of anything in the thirdParty section, only in the main "iconList" is ordering respected.
    2007-10-21 03:24 PM
    It seems that anything in the "thirdParty" section of the M68AP.plist is presented by SummerBoard in an arbitrary ordering. Not sure this is even a rBST problem, unless there is another file that maintains the ordering of icone (anyone confirm?). Cause my SummerBoard clearly is not respecting the ordering of anything in the thirdParty section, only in the main "iconList" is ordering respected.
    This is what I've thought for a while, glad someone can confirm it. To compensate slightly, you can add a couple third-party applications to the SpringBoard section in rSBT (until you have a total of 16) and these can be arranged perfectly. This just means that your second and third or more pages will have an arbitrary order, which isn't too horrible. It has been a while since the last update though...
    2007-10-21 03:39 PM
    Summerboard Crashes Do Not Use Yet!

Thanks. Much better now. I love the themes, but the random crashes are not worth it - I can wait...

Exactly it is very unstable
    Last edited by medafor; 2007-10-21 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-21 10:58 PM
    I installed it, and my dock moved up to the top of the screen and covers up the first row of icons.................so I uninstalled it and it switched back. I'm gunna wait to use this till all of the kinks are worked out..........

Edit* Whats the name of this theme?:

ME GUSTA!!!
    that theme is litho
    2007-10-22 02:03 AM
    Ok so I appologize if you covered this somewhere else but I cant find it. I purchased my phone lastnight and today (after slamming my head gor 2 hours) got the phone modded to 1.1.1 using the guides on this site.

I tried to install 3.0a11 I get an error "Firmware 1.1.1 is required for this version of SummerBoard!"

So I tried 2.11 but I get an error "Firmware 1.0.x is required for this version of SummerBoard!"

Itunes has the software version of my phone as 1.1.1 and the build: 3A109a

My phone simply has Version 111 (3A109a) model MA712LL

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Eric
    2007-10-22 07:24 AM
    Click on uninstall, and then click on Installer. Then click reinstall and it will load the correct version.
    2007-10-23 10:24 AM
    can someone upload an original com.apple.springboard.plist file? The one in this thread was corrupted when I downloaded it..I'm assuming thats what i need to do to get summerboard to stop working..the uninstaller doesnt uninstall correctly..pretty sick of everything crashing;]
    Last edited by oxide99; 2007-10-25 at 04:10 AM. Reason: cuz
    2007-10-25 04:08 AM
    anyone know how to get solid status bar back up and running?

i miss this option since upgrading to 1.1.1
    2007-10-25 12:13 PM
    anyone know how to get solid status bar back up and running?

i miss this option since upgrading to 1.1.1
    Yea, I don't even know why they took it out. One of the earlier 1.1.1 SB beta's had it in and it worked fine...
    2007-10-25 12:21 PM
    thanks for the reply

shame it's not there anymore...i know it's not much but it was one of my fav tweaks. looks a lot better with it there

oh well hopefully they will add it in the future
    2007-10-25 12:50 PM
    has anyone found a way to make this app stop soft resetting?
    2007-10-25 06:06 PM
    Turning off "dim wallpaper" or wallpaper alltogether lessens the chance of summerboard crashing.
    2007-10-25 06:15 PM
    Turning off "dim wallpaper" or wallpaper alltogether lessens the chance of summerboard crashing.
    Thanks will try. Hope a beta is released soon.
    2007-10-25 06:21 PM
    nvm I found it.
    Last edited by rustymetal; 2007-10-25 at 08:10 PM.
    2007-10-25 07:18 PM
    While I seem to be one of the lucky few that have SB work perfectly on 1.1.1 without crashing issues and freezing, I do miss quite a few nice features of the old SB. (BTW, Installed from installer, not manually)

First and foremost, Mini-Dock.
    As I've always used more the 4 icons on the dock, with the large dock it all seems so overstuffed. The small dock was perfect, especially when using the blank icon trick with rSBT to move all apps to second screen, leaving space for the wallpaper.

The other features I greatly miss are solid status bar and alpha levels for the wallpaper.
    While the simple "dim wallpaper" is okay, some themes need more or less alpha to look their greatest.

My question:
    What would be the best and most efficient way of contacting SB creators for feature suggestions and requests?

What I miss more then anything are Loring's themes. (Obviously not a dirrect SB issue, but hey, while I'm at it)
    I know he's having issue with his Computer, so I guess that's why his sources don't register with Installer.

Does anyone know where his themes can be aquired from for manual install?

Thanks guys.

BTW, LONG time reader but just got around to register now.
    Known as Phreakish at HoFo, should anyone ever question my phone modding abilities
    2007-10-28 01:19 AM
    You can install the themes manually using something like iPhoneBrowser or iBrickr on Windows or iFuntastic or similar on Mac by downloaded from here, if they have been updated.
    2007-10-29 10:28 PM
    I Love the new new update. Works great. no problems. I do miss mini dock, though. I do wish I could rearrange the icons on the second page.
    2007-10-30 01:13 AM
    If you manually edit the M68AP.plist file in SpringBoard.app you can re-arrange all of the icons.
    2007-10-31 12:21 AM
    So I installed it manually. But with all themes it displays the grey dock at the bottom (the one with all the dots in it) and I can get it to disable
    Any tricks?

fixed with Customize:
    /var/root/Library/DockSwap/BackUp/
    added images, now I can edit dock with C yay!!
    Last edited by ctgilles; 2007-11-01 at 02:23 PM.
    iPhone 8GB (updated to 1.1.1)
    Belgium // Proximus - Belgacom Mobile

Please use the thank button if a post or reply helped you.

2007-11-01 02:07 PM
    I can't get SMBPrefs or rSBT to work properly on my 1.1.1 - it won't scroll my screen like it did in 1.0.2 and it keeps crashing :-( Seriously, I'm about ready to go back to 1.0.2 just because of this....I really liked having the scrolling screen and being able to arrange my icons....ifuntastic only works for macs - i have windows :-( HELP!!! *cry*
    2007-11-01 08:45 PM
110 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD