after i entered the APN: live.vodafone.com

i still can't not access to the internet using safri

please HELP!
    2007-10-22 04:42 AM
    I am a vodafone prepay user, and i have bought the $5 extra pack

after i entered the APN: live.vodafone.com

i still can't not access to the internet using safri

please HELP!
    I think it works using vfinternet.au (or vfinternet.com).. or something similair, but I hope u realise how expensive (& slow) Edge is in Australia.. $5 will prob last you 5mins..

I topped up with $10 in the extras pack, & before I even surfed the net, it was used up (i think because my email was set to autocheck)..

Basically Its not worth the money.. If you live in a major city, then your prob. better buying some telstra wifi time.. or do what i do & find places where u can leach open wifi routers.

2007-11-02 10:32 AM
    If there's anyone who wants to be on Telstra:

You are to set the APN as telstra.wap. For the username and password, leave it blank.
    Enjoy!
    [ iPhone Unlock Australia ] :: [ iPhone in Australia ]
    Open to link exchanges with other iPhone websites

Win a free copy of iPhoneRingToneMaker

Support the iPhone Dev Team!
    2007-11-06 07:04 AM
    If there's anyone who wants to be on Telstra:

You are to set the APN as telstra.wap. For the username and password, leave it blank.
    Enjoy!
    TELSTRA APN. Is telstra.internet NOT telstra.wap as stated above.
    Wap is way slower..

Have been using that for the past 2 months no probs, a data pack add on for, $29 for 70mb. best deal i could find, and its edge.

Enjoy a faster connection than the wap one
    2007-11-06 01:21 PM
    Does anyone know if you can just get a sim that will work with anysim in australia for just calling, texting, and voicemail (no need for edge)? what would the best one be to get in Melbourne?
    2007-12-12 04:25 AM
    Optus. ^^
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-14 11:59 PM
    Hello, all. I''m on Optus and have been using the APN 'internet'. It's GPRS. Is it better to switch to Telstra, which you say uses EDGE? What's the advantage of EDGE over GPRS?

Also: For two months now, I have been accessing the internet in moderate amounts - email, occasional surfing, Weather, maybe Maps - but not heavy use. I have NOT been charged by Optus! So I can live with what I have now, because it's not costing me anything.

Your thoughts?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

2007-12-15 01:35 AM
    EDGE is faster than GPRS.

And more coverage.
    Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-15 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-15 08:41 AM
    Thanks, yow. (thanks given)
    Sydney, Australia

2007-12-15 08:44 AM
    No prob
    2007-12-15 09:24 AM
    Hello, all. I''m on Optus and have been using the APN 'internet'. It's GPRS. Is it better to switch to Telstra, which you say uses EDGE? What's the advantage of EDGE over GPRS?

Also: For two months now, I have been accessing the internet in moderate amounts - email, occasional surfing, Weather, maybe Maps - but not heavy use. I have NOT been charged by Optus! So I can live with what I have now, because it's not costing me anything.

Your thoughts?
    Also a optus subscriber.Have tried APN as 'internet' but didn't work. Grateful if you could send step by step details on how you achieved results.
    2008-01-14 02:29 AM
    gatecrasher: I simply entered 'internet' as APN and blank for username and password and it works for me.
    Sydney, Australia

2008-01-14 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD