My friend has sprint and was wondering if he could use an iphone for it.

If so, what all would he need to do?

Use ziphone to unlock and jailbreak it?
    what about a sim card?

Thanks for the help!!
    2008-04-21 12:39 PM
    i dont think that it is a iphone that runs on sprint
    2008-05-19 03:57 PM
    Sprint is CDMA...won't work with a iPhone.
    2008-05-19 09:35 PM
    If Sprint won't work with an iPhone which providers (verizon, alltell, t-mobil etc.) do work with an unlocked iPhone? And do you always have to use the SIM card from an other phone, when using other provider than AT&T?

I life part time near the geographical center of Nevada and search for the best cell phone connection with the iPone.

Thanks (p.s. this is my first post and I do not know if I do it right *+$"&'*
    Last edited by reiny; 2008-05-25 at 08:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    2008-05-25 08:53 AM
    If Sprint won't work with an iPhone which providers (verizon, alltell, t-mobil etc.) do work with an unlocked iPhone? And do you always have to use the SIM card from an other phone, when using other provider than AT&T?

I life part time near the geographical center of Nevada and search for the best cell phone connection with the iPone.

Thanks (p.s. this is my first post and I do not know if I do it right *+$"&'*
    Verizon won't work either It is CDMA. I guess in US, your only options are AT&T and T-Mobile - if you want to use an iPhone.
    iPhone will not work with ANY CDMA carrier, sorry. I have compiled a list of major US carriers below:

Alltel: CDMA
    AT&T: GSM and TDMA
    Nextel: iDEN
    Sprint PCS: CDMA
    T-Mobile: GSM
    U.S. Cellular: CDMA
    Verizon: CDMA

Hope that helps
    2008-05-25 07:09 PM
    I am selling my Iphone and go with some other gymic.

Reiny
    2008-06-07 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD