Hello Everyone, I'm going to be travelling to the UK this summer and wanted to double check a few things about the O2 Web Bolt on with people who've already tried using it on a PAYG tariff.

I'm using a iPhone with BL3.9 running 1.1.4.

1. If I run the 1.1.3 O2 GPRS hack (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/other-c...02-pay-go.html) will I be able to use the 7.50 O2 Web Bolt On with my GPRS iPhone?

2. Continuing from the first question, once I've purchased the 7.50 Web Bolt On, will I be able to use e-mail as I normally would (using the iPhone Mail client to check Gmail automatically using IMAP) or would I have to have my accounts all forward to my O2 email account and only be able to check that one with iPhone Mail?

3. Does everything else work (Locate Me on Maps, getting directions, Weather, YouTube, etc.) or is there anything else I should have in mind about using this method to get the internet on my phone?

Thank you very much and apologies if this has been covered before.
    2008-05-27 06:57 PM
    Yes
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-05-27 07:22 PM
    Yes
    Sounds simple. I'll be traveling to the UK in a few weeks - any clue what kind of charges could I expect if I wanted to be able to check email (receiving maybe 10 emails per day) as well as using google maps app to figure out where the heck I am once in a while?

I read another post that said in Ireland they were getting raped for the data with 1 page of a website charging nearly $3US.

Maybe there's a better prepaid sim to go with?
    2008-06-02 03:45 PM
    I'm actually in London right now, and trying to get my EDGE setup as well.
    Problem is, with the instructions in the links, the directories where I am suppose to place the files do not exist, nor do the files themselves.

I'm on a 3.9, 1.1.4 phone. Any ideas what's happening?
    I really need to get this working asap.
    2008-06-02 05:26 PM
    if you go into an O2 store and buy the bolt on, you dont need to hack the GPRS and such... the settings are recognised somehow by the iphone and just work...

anyhow, the 7.50 bolt on gives you up to a 200MB a month fair usage policy, if you exceed that then you may get booted off.

you can check mail in the iphone mail client, use locate me etc etc. everything works absolutely fine.
    2008-06-09 01:04 AM
    if you go into an O2 store and buy the bolt on, you dont need to hack the GPRS and such... the settings are recognised somehow by the iphone and just work...

anyhow, the 7.50 bolt on gives you up to a 200MB a month fair usage policy, if you exceed that then you may get booted off.

you can check mail in the iphone mail client, use locate me etc etc. everything works absolutely fine.
    The rumors were that the 7.50 deal is only web access and only GPRS speeds. So you have verified Mail works but could you please verify if the speed is the faster EDGE 15K/s and not GPRS 5K/s? Note you will need to be in a city to try it where EDGE is likely to be available. Thanks.
    2008-08-05 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD