User Tag List

Great for some of the Fido customer in Canada that are loving the per second billing versus Rogers. The price are listed as $199 for 8gb 3G iphone, $299 for 16gb 3G iphone with 3-year contract.

Fido.ca - News Release
    2008-06-13 12:23 AM
    Post in the correct forum.
    2008-06-13 08:01 AM
    This is great news, I am on Fido and didnt really want to switch to rogers especially since i sitll got 1 year contract on Fido, so this is freaking sweet....i am worried about what the prices are going to cost but from what Steve Jobs said the iphones would be $199 for 8g and 299 for 16g and 30 for unlimited data ... and he said almost everyone is following this pricing or somewhat close to this pricing .... does this also include canada the highest rate country for cell phones .... i sure hope so I would buy the 3g iphone immediately ....also would the edge phones work on the iphone planes too or would we all need the 3g version?
    2008-06-13 12:18 PM
    3 year conract?!

look, I'm sure people love their iPhone, but not THAT much!
    2008-06-13 02:45 PM
    Almost all Canadian Contracts (Roger/Fido, not sure about Telus/Bell) are either 2 or 3 years unlike the US where it's usually 2 years...

@ Kilroy007: most Fido users don't really have an issue since Fido had bill by second, better customer service, basically the speed and access to the Rogers network without the hassle..IMHO anyway. I have been HAPPILY with Fido since '97 so I MIGHT trade in my 1st gen 8g for a new 16gb if 299 is the price (thought Rogers would charge a crazy premium..THANK G*D I was wrong! )
    2008-06-13 03:25 PM
    I might be willing to sign up for a two year contract with Rogers, just to get the phone...but not three!! I'm moving to Taiwan where there is noo iPhone support.
    But $20 per month payout to opt out of a two year plan isn't that bad. That's what...24 x 20. Only $480, plus the initial $200 handset fee.

Okay wait, what am I saying! That's insane!! I'll buy an ipod touch and live with another crappy phone. Looks like Apple will lose my business, unless they sell the handset for a premium, minus the contract.
    My current phone's toast and I want an iPhone!
    2008-06-24 12:14 AM
    lol there not losing any business if you just states your going to go buy an ipod touch!
    2008-06-24 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD