Does anyone have the settings for MMS on o2. I have entered
    mmsc.mms.o2.o.uk:8002

but they don't work, it says 'send failed could not connect'

Cheers

Ian
    2007-12-20 08:03 PM
    I've tried them all, I finally called o2 to ask if they had enabled multimedia and they said it was disabled becuse I was using an iphone, I was a little shocked that they knew as the last phone I got with my contract was a K850i which I traded for my iphone,I asked them to enable it as I used the SIM in two phones but they just repeated that they would not enable it for an iphone. If you have any luck with it let me know!!
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2007-12-21 02:07 PM
    You do know that MMS is not officially supported on the iphone, right?
    To live, you have to lie
    2007-12-21 02:13 PM
    yes of course, but there is an app that lets you do it on a jailbroken phone provided you have the correct settings and that your operator is not blocking you

available on installer from MMi source if you didn't know

Thanks for your input
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2007-12-21 02:21 PM
    You try just putting your simcard in a different phone for a couple of week.
    Then ask them to enable it? Ask for edge as well.

Switch back, and hope they dont check.

- Im on 02UK aswell, so im interested. Otherwise we whould probably need to dummy the IMIE to a different cell type.
    2007-12-27 06:43 AM
    One thing I don't understand is how can O2 find out what phone you are using? If you have a contract with them but using for example Nokia 6230... and then use a unlocked iPhone then how can they find out that you are using an iPhone?

I have upgraded so many times on my existing contract purely on getting a new phone for my relatives but yet O2 doesn't seem to know...
    2007-12-27 10:58 AM
    From wikipedia-

The International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI (pronounced /aɪˈmiː/) is a number unique to every GSM and UMTS mobile phone. It is usually found printed on the phone underneath the battery and can also be found by dialing the sequence *#06# into the phone.

The IMEI number is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used to stop a stolen phone from accessing the network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to "ban" the phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless, regardless of whether the phone's SIM is changed.
    To live, you have to lie
    2007-12-27 01:22 PM
    any update on this? im in the same boat too
    2008-10-23 12:17 PM
    I must have been lucky. After installing and setting up SwirlyMMS on my iPhone I had no problems sending MMS. I have been a customer with O2 for years and therefore MMS had previously been activated on my account for previous handsets.

I did call O2 to enquire whether MMS, sent from my old handset of course ;-), would still come from inclusive messages but they couldn't give me a definite answer. They did offer to send me the settings for MMS but I told them not to bother as I had already successfully sent MMS.

My next bill came along and I was happy to see that they did come from my inclusive messages. I also had a nice SURPRISE to see that an international MMS I had sent also used inclusive messages! See my post here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/other-c...al-mms-o2.html
    2009-01-05 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD