User Tag List

As we all know, tomorrow is a big day, but I still have a question.

For me, I already have a 2-year contract (just a sim card, I didn't pick up a phone because I have my iPhone 2G) with Rogers, so what cold I do to get a new iPhone 3G ?

Break up my current contract and get a new one?
    Choose a new contract to cover my current one?

I've no idea~
    Anyone can help me? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    Last edited by wao1201; 2008-07-10 at 01:26 PM.
    I think ... I do ... in my utopia ...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304
    2008-07-10 01:23 PM
    your only option would be to extend your contract if you want the 3G iphone.
    i read on another site (XXXXXincanda.ca) that you can purchase a $30 for 6GB plan for your 1st gen iPhone but again, your contract will be extended.

Since you have to sign up for a 3 years anyway, why not get the new 3G iPhone?
    I'm in the same boat; I have an unlocked 1st gen but fortunately for me, my contract has expired so I'm getting one tomorrow!
    2008-07-10 06:01 PM
    does anyone know if you need to activate it right away like in the US? I am picking up for my bf who's on Rogers....or can I buy and have 30 days to do it? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by chillypbear; 2008-07-10 at 06:14 PM.
    2008-07-10 06:11 PM
    does anyone know if you need to activate it right away like in the US? I am picking up for my bf who's on Rogers....or can I buy and have 30 days to do it? Thanks in advance!
    you have to sign up in store or your not walking out with a phone.
    2008-07-10 06:34 PM
    Unfortunately you must activate it right away in Canada chillypbear.
    Any employee who sells the iPhone without a contract from Rogers or Fido will be fired on the spot.

Your best bet is to try and buy it online but be weary of people jacking up the price.
    2008-07-10 08:04 PM
    I worked out the numbers and it wasn't worth it for my BF to switch over to an iphone but thanks for the info guys!

side note: he might come over to the apple side (YAY) on Fido later (per second billing..he makes a lot of short calls).....Congrats to all those who got theirs today...still loveing my 1G
    2008-07-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD