User Tag List

The 6GB, or any data plan on non-Rogers iPhones, need to have the WAP settings configured. Only 3G phones have the configuration automated.

Additionally, and for the same reasons, Visual Voicemail will not work on non-Rogers iPhones because this service is IMEI dependent, and to use it, you have to have a Rogers IMEI.

You can still access your voicemail, by pressing the "1" button until it starts dialing. There is also a hack to allow you to use the Voicemail button to do the same function. I can scrounge it up for you if you like.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-29 01:39 PM
    well actually everything is ok now. The woman I had first called did not actually put the iPhone value pack on my plan. I noticed this cause I didnt have call display. So I phoned back and explained my problem and he ended up giving my my original $20 package back with normal voicemail, 2500 texts ECT.

So it all worked out plus I have 6GB of data . Gotta love rogers customer relations reps. People in a the rogers stores basically bitched me out the door when I explains I had an unlocked grey market phone.

Thanks anyways
    2008-08-29 05:01 PM
    Hi all,

Visual voice mail will not work on first gen iPhones on the rogers network as the phone is programmed and designed to work with a different implementation of the visual voice mail service. The fact that an account does need a valid rogers imei for an iPhone to be present on the account doesn't help matters. Normal voice mail does work on the iPhone and simply requires the retrieval number to be programmed in to the device using the star and pound code for voice mail. Same idea for those people with issues sending sms messages with the first gen phone due to the smsc number being missing from the sim card. Non rogers imei numbers can not be added to an account with rogers or fido as well. As for your data plan working, you best make sure your accessing the internet.com apn and not the goam.com as the 6GB data plan covers traffic over internet.com and the unlimited wap browsing covers goam.com. And to confirm the promotional price point for the 6 gb plan is until Sep 30th 2008 currently, after that the true price may or may not be $100 a month.

Alex, Rogers iPhone Technical Support
    2008-09-16 08:25 AM
    Hi all,

Visual voice mail will not work on first gen iPhones on the rogers network as the phone is programmed and designed to work with a different implementation of the visual voice mail service.
    Alex, Rogers iPhone Technical Support
    Not sure if that was in your training or not, but its incorrect. Visual Voicemail works quite well on 1st Gen iPhones if you spoof a Rogers IMEI in V21. The fact that this is against policy and would lead to your termination, is the reason Visual Voicemail cannot be used on 1st Gen's.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-09-17 01:35 PM
    Does it matter what device Rogers thinks you're using when you sign up for the 6Gg plan? I am on a Rogers corporate plan and decided yesterday to go for the big data plan before it goes away. Since I have to commit for 3 years I decided also to "upgrade" my standard phone by taking a Blackberry Pearl. For $30 I figured it was a cheap backup in case I ever have problems with my 1st gen unlocked pwned iPhone. But will I have any problems using my iPhone on this plan rather than the Pearl? I.E. can they tell, and will they declare it a non-Rogers authorized device, as their threatening disclaimers claim? Also, what about all their disclaimers warning you from using "non-eligible" applications on your device?

Haven't received the Pearl yet so don't know if it needs to be specifically activated on the data plan or if Rogers will in fact be doing that before they ship it to me.

1st gen unlocked iPhone on 2.0.1 (pwned)
    2008-09-30 02:19 PM
25 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD