Awesome

Rogers Rep hooked me up with some unlimited net plan, knew i have an unlocked iPhone and insured I would only be charged $7/month no matter what.

How can they get away with completely misleading a customer?

1 month later : $821 Cell Phone Bill
    2008-03-06 06:58 AM
    Awesome

Rogers Rep hooked me up with some unlimited net plan, knew i have an unlocked iPhone and insured I would only be charged $7/month no matter what.

How can they get away with completely misleading a customer?

1 month later : $821 Cell Phone Bill
    ouch man. Did you get the name of the rep?
    2008-03-06 08:15 AM
    No i never got his name but I called billing and they told me to call the Data people tomorrow to see if I can have my bill changed.

Turns out all my browsing was free, but mail and such charged me. Even still, I should of been told.
    2008-03-06 10:08 AM
    No i never got his name but I called billing and they told me to call the Data people tomorrow to see if I can have my bill changed.

Turns out all my browsing was free, but mail and such charged me. Even still, I should of been told.
    Why don't people listen. The Rogers $7.00 plan does not cover data charges, plain and simple, it even states this on the Rogers.com website. Guys, don't go by what a Rep tells you, read the terms.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-03-06 02:35 PM
    I just got my Feb Rogers bill, i did 4+MB of data and was NOT charged for it.

Most of that was google maps and using locate me...
    2008-03-08 12:21 AM
    GOOD NEWS! I called and got my bill and figured out where i was charged and it was all for 1 day when they had me on the $7 plan, and they changed it to the $20 Communicate pack and I used another 20mb and wasn't charged a penny!

This is with Weather, Stocks, Safari and Maps usage.

I'm not positive about YouTube or not.
    Last edited by doogee; 2008-03-08 at 05:00 AM.
    2008-03-08 03:35 AM
    I was just wondering why they are advertising a $20 Communicate plan with unlimited browsing, yet my $20 communicate plan only comes with 5MB...
    2008-03-08 06:06 AM
    I was just wondering why they are advertising a $20 Communicate plan with unlimited browsing, yet my $20 communicate plan only comes with 5MB...
    How do you know it's only 5MB?
    2008-03-08 06:14 AM
    When i sign into my Rogers account i see this:

Additional Services

* Call Forward/Trans.Pay Per Use
    * Partial Detail Billing
    * Picture and Video Messages
    * 2500 Sent/Unlim Received Text
    * Navigate Mobile Internet 5 MB
    When I try to change my plan and click "more info" on the $20 comm plan, it still says:

$20 Communicate Value Pack
    Includes:

# 5MB Mobile Internet
    # 2500 Sent Text Messages
    # 1000 Sent Picture/Video Messages
    # Voice Mail
    # Call Display
    # Name Display
    # WhoCalled
    You save $17/month!
    Yet, on their wireless homepage, when you click to see the features or whatever, under $20 comm pack, it says:

$20 Communicate Value Pack | $20.00/month

Includes:

* NEW! Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing*
    * 2500 Sent Text Messages
    * 1000 Sent Picture/Video Messages
    * Voice Mail
    * Call Display
    * Name Display
    * WhoCalled

You save $21/month!
    I'm so confused.
    Last edited by MattOnDemand; 2008-03-08 at 06:38 AM.
    2008-03-08 06:35 AM
    As clearly outlined on Rogers website the $7.00 Vision plan, $7.00 unlimited mobile WAP browser plan and $20.00 Communicate Value Pack that comes with unlimited mobile WAP browser are not for data devices such as HTC Touch, HTC TYTN, Palm Treo, Blackberry and especially not for the iPhone. Those that ignore that could face anywhere from several hundred dollars in data charges to several thousand. This happened to a Bell customer that ignored Bell's own online warnings by adding their $7.00 unlimited mobile WAP browser plan to the HTC Touch. $85,000.00 later..lol. Anyway for those confused on what plans are correct I strongly recommend calling Rogers Data Customer Care line as indicated on the website "BlackBerry and PDA/Smart Phone Support inquiries 1-866-931-DATA (3282)". For those not confused the actual link to Rogers data device plans is here http://your.rogers.com/Business/Wire...emailplans.asp Due to the iPhone uses a lot more data than either a Blackberry or even the Palm Treo I'd suggest subscribing to the Flex Rate PC Card Plan http://your.rogers.com/business/wire...?plan=flexrate which fluctuates based on a users average usage to avoid unusually high data charges. Note: All Canadian wireless carriers now have a data early cancellation fee on their higher end data plans which usually are a maximum $100.00. Since you already have your iPhone which Rogers isn't subsidizing ask the Data Rep which data plans don't require a term commitment.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB
    2008-03-08 07:54 AM
    MattOnDemand, give them a call and tell them that you don't have the Up-To-Date $20 Communicate Pack.

I have it and it says this:

Additional Services

* Network Features *
    * Detailed Billing
    * 1000 Picture or Video Msgs.
    * 2500 Sent/Unl. Received Txt
    * Unlimited WAP Browsing
    Last edited by doogee; 2008-03-08 at 08:15 AM.
    2008-03-08 07:58 AM
    Haha! Thus far, I have NOT surpassed 5MB a month, and thus far I have NOT been charged any data... so I'm not sure if I want to risk losing that by telling Rogers to upgrade my old $20 Comm pack with the new one...
    2008-03-08 10:53 AM
    Haha! Thus far, I have NOT surpassed 5MB a month, and thus far I have NOT been charged any data... so I'm not sure if I want to risk losing that by telling Rogers to upgrade my old $20 Comm pack with the new one...
    Keep in mind I used close to 500 MB in one month which would of cost you in overage charges nearly $25,000.00 CDN based on exceeding your 5 MB navigate plan. See below for a quote from Rogers website warning on the $20.00 Communicate Value Pack.

"Plan includes unlimited on-device mobile browsing only. Plan is available on select phones only (PDAs such as Blackberry or Windows Mobile devices, PC cards and non-Rogers certified devices are not eligible). Data usage incurred on ineligible devices, incurred while tethering (using device as wireless modem for laptop) or incurred using non-Rogers (3rd party) applications downloaded to your device will be subject to pay-per-use charges of 5 cents/KB."

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB
    2008-03-08 06:28 PM
    the $7 unlimited plan is only for ROGERS licenced phones, and will not support the iphone or any other phone with teething (Google maps, weather etc..)
    2008-03-08 09:38 PM
    Matt...that was the old deal that Rogers had with the 5MB of internet... i am pretty sure that if you want to get it changed to the unlimited...you HAVE to call them and do it over the phone..there is no other way...and it shouldnt even take that long ...

hope that helps

*EDIT nvm u guys post too fast lol
    Last edited by TheJoker; 2008-03-08 at 11:31 PM.
    2008-03-08 11:29 PM
    I was in a rogers wireless store yesterday and I asked if they had ANY unlimited plans other than the $7 vision one (which totally excludes us) and the guy replied "no I hope we did bc than we would know the iPhone is coming out" so our best bet is just waiting because it will probably be soon since I heard rumors that rogers reps have to use iPhones inorder to get use to them
    2008-03-09 04:57 AM
    I was in a rogers wireless store yesterday and I asked if they had ANY unlimited plans other than the $7 vision one (which totally excludes us) and the guy replied "no I hope we did bc than we would know the iPhone is coming out" so our best bet is just waiting because it will probably be soon since I heard rumors that rogers reps have to use iPhones inorder to get use to them
    Yes, alot of Rogers employees including myself have iPhones. But not because Rogers supplies them, but because they're the coolest phones on earth.

There are two things that are currently preventing the iPhone from reaching Canada. First, one of Apple's stipulations for any partnered wireless carrier is that they carry unlimited data plans; Rogers does not. Easily fixable for the foreseeable future.

The second reason is not so easily fixable. This is because a Canadian company called Commwave has trademarked the name "iPhone" in Canada for their VoIP service. If Apple wants to bring the phone to Canada, they can't call it an iPhone, and that's something they won't do.

Personally, I think Commwave is holding out their grubby little hands for a settlement with Apple so they can sell the trademark for a large lump sum. Until this has been settled, no iPhone in Canada. Keep your eye on the business news for this one boys and girls.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-03-09 05:13 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD