User Tag List

help i jailbroke my iphone 3g all went through well but couldnt get my carrier is there anyway i can do this iam new to this i used quickpwn 2.1 and iphone1.2_2.0_custom_restore is this right please help i am a uk user on 02 sorry if this is on the wrong page
    2008-11-20 10:58 PM
    what do you mean carrier???? the iphone 3g is not unlocked yet. unless you bought a phone with a sim adapter or hardware unlock its not gonna work dude.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-11-20 11:03 PM
    If you meant to say that you are an O2 subscriber and your iPhone 3G is for a different cellphone carrier network then you'll need to buy a Turbo SIM to allow your iPhone 3G to be used on O2 network. Search eBay for the black Turbo SIM 2008, not the brown one as I ripped out one of my SIM pins with it Anyway, you shouldn't pay more than $85.00 for it. I was lucky as I got mine on eBay for $25.00 CDN including S&H. Reference Turbo SIM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB
    2008-11-22 07:42 PM
    sorry to be confusing i want to stay on o2 but after i jailbroke i had no signal didnt know how to get past this so just put it back to normal can anyone give me some direction on how to do this and still have my signal
    2008-11-26 11:32 PM
    how are you on the o2 network....we cant help you unless we know this.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-11-26 11:36 PM
    You need to restore back to factory first then use Quickpwn again. Quickpwn should ask if you want to activate the phone.. you need to hit NO. Or it might ask if you are using this phone with a valid contract... then you would hit yes. This will allow the phone to be activated by iTunes rather than "hactivated" through quickpwn which is causing your service issues.
    2008-11-26 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD