User Tag List

Well kind of free. They use 4 of your tarrifs inclusive allowance.

Let me explain...

I downloaded SwirlyMMS and sent a few pics to iPhone owning mates of mine to show off that I could send mms. I then received my monthly phone bill and I was happy to see that they had come from my free monthly messages allowance (1 mms = 4 messages).

Here's the part that I was SHOCKED to see...

I also sent a photo MMS to my girlfriend in New Zealand on her NZ mobile number. I was expecting to be charged the standard O2 rate of 25p but to my surprise it was INCLUDED in my monthly messages allowance!

Many of you will probably be thinking "Big deal", but to me, this could mean a saving of about 15 a month on international texting!

At present I have only sent the 1 MMS to NZ but I'm presuming that if this one was free, then surely any and all would be free?!

Has anyone else had experience of international MMS messaging and if so, what was your findings?
    2009-01-05 10:09 PM
    Thats great mate.

BUt is Swirly MMS free for use?
    Last edited by kevvukeka; 2009-01-11 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-11 03:47 PM
    swirly still needs to be paid for surely?

last time my missus went on holiday she sent all her texts as mms's simply cos they were the same price to send from anywhere (20p), where as texts were about 50p each. she's on t-mobile(uk) though, but i wouldnt be supprised if other networks are the same?
    2009-01-12 09:13 AM
    Swirly MMS does "officially" need to be paid for after the 14 day trial. I think it's about $8 or something.

HOWEVER...

Unofficially, if you put the date back on your phone to anytime before you first registered Swirly, the application still thinks you're in the trial period and sends MMS no problem.

PS. Just remember to correct the date after you've sent the message! I've heard that if you put the date FORWARD before you install Swirly, you can easily add a couple of thousand days to your free "14 day trial" ;-)
    2009-01-12 06:13 PM
    Are you on an official iPhone o2 tariff as I am and cannot send or receive mms full stop and o2 refuse point blank to turn on the facility on my account

Are you on an official iPhone o2 tariff as I am and cannot send or receive mms full stop and o2 refuse point blank to turn on the facility on my account
    Last edited by smeeshum; 2009-01-13 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-13 10:43 AM
    i am on an official o2 contract tarrif and mine works.

however it was not a new contract with an iphone, it was an existing contract (and existing sim) and i just upgraded.

i guess you may have got a brand new iphone & sim? in which case mms is not enabled by default?

I presume you have rang them and told them and made up a story about you use a different phone at weekends or something along those lines and you want mms enabled so you can use it with that phone? (any story along these lines should do)
    2009-01-13 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD