Im going to buy a factory unlocked iphone 4 from someone today. Im getting it for cheap, and think its not unlocked.

I kept seeing people linking others to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1937

But i don't get how im supposed to tell...aparantly this iPhone is from greece, which i see is sold unlocked. But what is the model # supposed to show on the iPhone 4. Help a.s.a.p please!

So i called apple with all the information printed on the box and they told me that they don't know.

???????????????????????????????

Seriously? They told me when they pull the information up, it says it is a 16gb iphone 4 black, but everything else thats supposed to come up is blank and theyve never seen that before.

The guy i purchased it from insists that its unlocked as hes using 2 others he bought from in greece now.

Im so confused! I would open the packaging and see if it auto-unlocked when connected to iTunes but don't want to ruin resale value if it is/isn't.
    Last edited by Shockster; 2010-07-10 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-10 06:03 PM
    would like to help but i am myself wondering the same thing.
    2010-07-20 10:36 AM
    Please let us know on how to identify whether an iPhone 4 is factory unlocked, without opening the box and checking.
    2010-07-24 04:31 PM
    I'd like to know as well. Would be handy since there's so many online as well.
    2010-07-31 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.