I have a factory unlocked iP4 (Canada), I'm on TIGO Guatemala and had to jailbreak in order not to loose the personal hotspot feature by way of SSH my iphone 4 and removing the updated carrier bundle. Every time I sync my phone it asks me to download the new carrier settings; it is annoying to say the least!
    I have the .plist files of that carrier bundle update and was wondering if someone could help me edit those files in order to enable the personal hotspot feature (be able to manually input APN settings). My logic is that in that way itunes would recognize the correct bundle but it would be edited, so no asking me every time to download it... Can anyone help? I have the files if someone is kind enough... Thanks!
    2011-04-26 04:24 AM
    The following thread contains information for T-Mobile USA users to install a custom bundle and enable all the features.

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...g-3gs-4-a.html

It is not your solution, but it contains all the information and keys necessary to create your own. Hope this helps.
    2011-04-26 04:44 AM
    Geez! It's a large thread! Ok, either I'm not gonna sleep tonight or gonna give up! hehehe... Thanks.
    2011-04-26 06:11 AM
    ^The most important information, and the keys to creating your own custom carrier bundle are in post #1. You do that by using another bundle as the example and making your changes. Creating a carrier bundle is not child's play. So this could be way over your head.
    2011-04-26 06:25 AM
    Thanks! I'll read it and see if it is...
    2011-04-26 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD