User Tag List

I have a jailbroken phone, modded "locked" to AT&T which is fine. If i install this, and rejail break, then upgrade to 1.1.1 (currently 1.0.2), can i reinstall the installer application, or am i stuck with the two moddables that come on the program? plz help
    2007-10-16 12:09 AM
    ONE CLICK GUI FOR WINDOWS!!!!!

http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/
    How has no one commented on this yet? Does this work? Anyone tried this?

Nevermind, for iPod Touch only (I assume).
    2007-10-16 12:13 AM
    Here's my situation....... I'm running 1.1.1 and I do not care to be unlocked.... AT&T is ok for now. If I use Indepdence to jailbreak my phone......... do I still need to downgrade first to 1.02? Thanks.......
    I wonder the same
    2007-10-16 12:18 AM
    You must downgrade to 1.0.2 to jailbreak 1.1.1 this is needed for the symbolic links to be in place for the upgrade... once the upgrade to 1.1.1 is complete you will only have 300mb of free space till you remove the sym links. Yes installer.app and many other applications work on 1.1.1 as of now
    2007-10-16 12:51 AM
    i need to know the same thing as the two guys above me
    can someone give a detailed procedure on how to jailbreak the iphone on a windows machine
    2007-10-16 12:51 AM
    one more thing
    Jailbreak = 3rd party apps or read/write/execute
    Unlock = Use on other carriers

finally a windows guide to downgrade is on the DevWiki page... Do not follow the readme for windows that is with the jailbreak... one of the steps is incorrect.. fow windows to downgrade just use iBrickr version 0.9 for an easy downgrade
    Last edited by dt808; 2007-10-16 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-16 12:56 AM
    I am currently running 1.0.2 with a bunch of applications. If I go through these steps to upgrade and jailbreak with 1.1.1, will all my apps be gone and require me to reinstall them? Or will they stay where they are and show up again once I've jailbroken and hacked the springboard?
    Last edited by ReidWings; 2007-10-16 at 01:35 AM. Reason: typo
    2007-10-16 01:07 AM
    Hopefully someone who has done this can help me out.

I have a virgin 1.1.1 iphone which i downgraded using independence 1.2.2, but the next section " to upgrade to 1.1.1...." has me confused. The 1st step says make sure you have 1.0.2 on your phone. The 2nd step says activate the iphone using the instructions below. Those instructions say make sure you have upgraded to 1.1.1 using the special method mentioned above.

Maybe Im slow, but, am I suppose to activate and jailbreak while I am on 1.0.2, then follow the rest of the instructions to upgraded to 1.1.1., and then activate again, which also will jailbreak the phone according to the instructions?

Sorry if that was confusing.
    2007-10-16 01:09 AM
    Does Fugu or Cyber duck work in 1.1.1 after activation/jailbreak with Independence 1.2.2?
    I assume all that proxy.pac and carrier settings mods for 1.0.2 will work for 1.1.1 right? Can anyone confirm this for me please?
    can anyone that has done this with independence please answer my question?
    2007-10-16 01:13 AM
    you must jailbreak at 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 the 1.0.2 jailbreak is to allow for the 1.1.1 jailbreak..... thus the need for the downgrade
    2007-10-16 01:16 AM
    Hopefully someone who has done this can help me out.

I have a virgin 1.1.1 iphone which i downgraded using independence 1.2.2, but the next section " to upgrade to 1.1.1...." has me confused. The 1st step says make sure you have 1.0.2 on your phone. The 2nd step says activate the iphone using the instructions below. Those instructions say make sure you have upgraded to 1.1.1 using the special method mentioned above.

Maybe Im slow, but, am I suppose to activate and jailbreak while I am on 1.0.2, then follow the rest of the instructions to upgraded to 1.1.1., and then activate again, which also will jailbreak the phone according to the instructions?

Sorry if that was confusing.
    I have the same question. Once you downgraded the phone to 1.0.2 it says Activate using the instructions below...once you scroll down it says "ensure that youve upgraded to 1.1.1 using the special upgrade method mentioned above."

This what makes the iNdependence Help confsing
    2007-10-16 01:20 AM
    patience grasshoppers....wait a day or two and im sure either cash or folly will have a step by step guide and have most, if not all, of your questiosn answered.

I, have stuck with 1.0.2, and will do so until there is a clear, tested, safe way of doing the jailbreak....

One important thing that should be mentioned is how to remove the symlinks, in order not to only have 300 MB left. --- My questions is: If the symlink is removed, do the hacks/3rd party apps still work. In other words, the symlink is only useful for the jailbreaking process but useless afterwards???

Also, on indepedence I noticed the "post 1.1.1" jailbreak. I would assume running that will allow for synching, as well as get rid of symlinks. Again, this is just an assumption.
    2007-10-16 01:26 AM
    davalos: the sym link is only for the jailbreak and needs to be removed after the process in order to have access to the full 8gb of the phone.. Yes after the sym links are removed the phone is fully functional.
    2007-10-16 01:30 AM
    for those who have read the iNdependence 1.2.2 Help section, do you understand it? It seems very cofusing and I would like to know if anyone has successfully activated/jailbroke their iPhone using this help???
    2007-10-16 01:33 AM
    Ok. I never upgraded to 1.0.2 lol i am still using 1.0.1. So basically my only question is... there isnt a nice GUI yet for windows.. is that correct? Is there even a way to to jailbreak this on windows? Also... my sister has a mac.. would it be wise if i do that indepence GUI on hers then transfer my phone over to windows so i can sync all my contacts and music? Will that work? Plus.. is there a way to backup the iphone.. such as TEXTS, voicemails... all that stuff... thanks for the info guys... and the hard work.
    2007-10-16 02:00 AM
    thanks, application worked, i downgraded a couple days ago right after "trying" 1.1.1, now im back to 1.1.1 and jailbroken!
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!
    2007-10-16 02:10 AM
    This program runs pretty well, and you never have to open terminal, but there are many problems. It requires a lot of restarting programs, and the instructions are very misleading (ex. 1. see instructions below. (you go to below) 1. see instructions above...). If you don't have a lot of experience, and can't figure out things on your own, I would not recommend this program. But, if you have experience, this is great for streamlining customizations and offers easy ssh configuration... 2.5 stars
    2007-10-16 02:11 AM
    Well, I went ahead and activated and jailbroke my iphone after downgrading to 1.0.2, all using independence 1.2.2. Everything went great. I stopped there and started playing with the phone now that i finally could.

I'll finish the process of upgrading back to 1.1.1, then I'll activate and jailbreak again. Then I will go for the unlock with ipsf (well, once i get my imei registered).

Anyone know if it matters if i unlock while I am at 1.0.2 and then upgrading vs upgrading, and then unlocking?
    2007-10-16 02:14 AM
    Anyone know if it matters if i unlock while I am at 1.0.2 and then upgrading vs upgrading, and then unlocking?
    Unless something has changed with this new version jailbreak/unlocking at 1.0.2 allows you to make the changes necessary to the phone drive so when you upgrade it won't be rejailed/relocked and you can then write to it.
    2007-10-16 02:19 AM
    is there going to b a version for windows... i dont want to go throught the other compicated process... so pease can someone help with
    2007-10-16 02:35 AM
118 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD