Hello gurus,

I have a new Iphone fw 1.1.1 and I tried to downgrade to 1.0.2 without success. I followed the instructions in the help and this is what I get:

1.First, check the firmware version that's reported in the status line at the bottom of the iNdependence window. If it doesn't say 1.1.1 then you don't need to downgrade.

****OK****

2.Download the 1.0.2 firmware from Apple.

** downloaded the file iphone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw
    saved it on my desktop (on a mac) **

3.If your web browser didn't automatically decompress it to a folder, then change the file extension from .ipsw to .zip and unzip it yourself.

** unzipped automatically ****

4.If you changed the file extension of the firmware file in the previous step to .zip, then change it back to .ipsw again.

** No changes. The defaulted folder name is iphone1,1_1***

***Q. At this point, do I connect my Iphone now???

5.Launch iNdependence.

OK

6.Select the Firmware tab and press the Enter DFU Mode button.

OK

7.You'll be prompted to choose the directory where you unzipped the firmware files.

** Here is where I get stuck. I tried all the directories under
    iphone1,1_1 , it won't work.!!!

8.If you get an error message saying Error entering recovery mode then quit iNdependence, restart it, and try again.
    **not there yet....

9.After you see the success message, click OK and then quit iNdependence

Can anyone pleazzzzze help me?? cauz I'm sufferring big time

Thanks

Viz
    2007-10-18 10:41 PM
    You go bad at step two. To downgrade to 1.0.2, you need to plug in your iPhone, let it sync up with iTunes. Then Option-Click on RESTORE, it'll pop up a dialog box asking where the restore file is, choose the iphone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw with the ".ipsw" extension intact. And away you go.

Downgrading the baseband to 1.0.2 is a whole other matter. The step-by-step is here (MMi) in many places.
    2007-10-18 10:51 PM
    Hello,

when you say:
    you need to plug in your iPhone, let it sync up with iTunes

do you mean, i have to press on the power and the round button to put the Iphone in the special mode? (sorry for the lack of technical terms)
    2007-10-18 11:35 PM
    No, you don't need to put it in restore mode, iTunes will do that when the restore begins.
    2007-10-19 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD