the same thing just happened to me in customize i changed one of the settings to 16 and it turned into an ipod. now i have to jailbreak again
    2007-10-23 02:26 AM
    the same thing just happened to me in customize i changed one of the settings to 16 and it turned into an ipod. now i have to jailbreak again
    how did you resolve that issue?
    2007-10-23 02:47 AM
    Hey all,
    I'm glad the new version of iDemocracy is working for atleast some of you
    I'm looking into the iPod problem but I've never seen anything like it before... I'll keep looking on that.

I haven't been able to find the cause of the problem in Installer.app that messes with it not updating properly and thinking packages like OpenSSH are installed while they actually aren't. However, I've come up with a quick fix that force re-installs Installer.app and resets all its preferences and stuff. You can grab Installer.app Fix at iDemocracy's Google Code homepage under the downloads section. It should fix any trouble you have with Installer.app, even for the people who downloaded the broken version of 1.1 and ended up with messed up Installer.app permissions.

Thank you for your support and for the donations, they really help.

Drakenza
    2007-10-23 02:48 AM
    does the iphone have to be on fw 1.1.1 before starting this process
    2007-10-23 02:56 AM
    It doesn't matter what firmware your phone is on when you start the process, as iDemocracy guides you through downgrading to 1.0.2 and upgrading to 1.1.1
    2007-10-23 03:01 AM
    Ok - How come the summerboard theme are not working. Anyone else having this problem? Is it attibributable to iDemocracy or should I take this to another thread?
    2007-10-23 03:04 AM
    cool im gona give it a try with my unlocked 1.0.2 iphone.
    which 1 will i download as i see 3 potential files which 1 is it and then wen i unrar which app do i start up?
    2007-10-23 03:07 AM
    if im on 1.02 already do i still have to downgrade
    2007-10-23 03:08 AM
    i restored my phone and jailbroke it again. The only problem im having right now is most of the files say i need framework 1.1.1 to install but i already do.
    2007-10-23 03:16 AM
    Hey all,
    I'm glad the new version of iDemocracy is working for atleast some of you
    I'm looking into the iPod problem but I've never seen anything like it before... I'll keep looking on that.

I haven't been able to find the cause of the problem in Installer.app that messes with it not updating properly and thinking packages like OpenSSH are installed while they actually aren't. However, I've come up with a quick fix that force re-installs Installer.app and resets all its preferences and stuff. You can grab Installer.app Fix at iDemocracy's Google Code homepage under the downloads section. It should fix any trouble you have with Installer.app, even for the people who downloaded the broken version of 1.1 and ended up with messed up Installer.app permissions.

Thank you for your support and for the donations, they really help.

Drakenza
    Everything worked for me except the installer at the end but your fix did just that, fixed it. Thanks and great work.
    2007-10-23 03:20 AM
    My iPhone is unlocked with firmware 1.0.2. So, can this program upgrade and unlock with firmware 1.1.1?
    2007-10-23 03:28 AM
    ic...i need to confirm again before using this apps...

if I have 1.0.2 unlocked with anySIM...do I have to virginize it then upgrade to 1.1.1 first before running this apps?

coz when I followed the Dev team solution, I'm stucked at installing SSH...everytime I install SSH it keeps making my iPhone IMEI to 04999xxx which practically bricked my iPhone...then I need to downgrade again to restore my IMEI...

one more...which i should run from 3 download list? idemocracy first then installer app fix?
    Last edited by nusz; 2007-10-23 at 04:05 AM.
    2007-10-23 03:33 AM
    I have a problem way back on line 13 of step one. I can install AppTapp and run it (it installs v2.63), but I don't have an option for "Community Sources" on the Install screen. I only have four options: BSD Subsystem v1.5, Launcher v0.2, MobileTerminal vsvn113 and SummerBoard v2.11. How do I get the Community Sources option on this thing so I can install the OpenSSH? Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Stymyx; 2007-10-23 at 04:41 AM.
    2007-10-23 04:27 AM
    if i want to use a different method of jailbreaking, how do i get rid of the files and other mods made to my iphone? i restored multiple times but it still says that my capacity is only 300MB, so obviously there are still some files i dont want on my iphone. Someone please help me, i cant use touchfree untill my iphone is one hundred percent factory fresh..!![/U]
    2007-10-23 05:06 AM
    hey,
    Sorry about the confusion with the download list.
    You want the iDemocracy 1.1.1 (1.1) ReRelease. run that first. If you end up with a messed up Installer.app that doesn't update to 3.0 or sees packages that you haven't installed as installed, or gives you Script Errors, you download the Installer.app Fix and run that.

@Stymyx: you need to update your Installer.app to 3.0 beta before you'll see all the packages.
    @nusz: it's strongly recommended you start the iDemocracy process with a virginized iPhone, or iTunes will likely brick you.
    @mad102190: restoring should take care of everything... Are you sure you're doing it right? Try following step 1 of iDemocracy, which will guide you through downgrading with a special recovery mode, which should blow away all mods and return you to 1.0.2, from which you can proceed to follow another jailbreak method.
    @N818 and everyone else who keeps asking: It's not recommended that you try iDemocracy with a jailbroken or otherwise modded iPhone 1.0.2, but rather a factory-fresh one, so that iTunes doesn't get alerted by the mods and brick your phone.

Thanks for all the interest in iDemocracy! It's doing so much better than I would have ever dreamed! It's been mentioned on all kinds of blogs and made it to Google news and digg and all of that!

Keep up the fantastic support!

Drakenza

Oh my god, super important breaking iDemocracy news:
    WE NOW HAVE IDEMOCRACY IPHONE WALLPAPERS!!
    YEAHHH!!

Heh heh, sorry, I was bored and felt like photoshopping stuff. Grab 'em at the Googlecode site
    Last edited by Drakenza; 2007-10-23 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-23 05:17 AM
    if i want to use a different method of jailbreaking, how do i get rid of the files and other mods made to my iphone? i restored multiple times but it still says that my capacity is only 300MB, so obviously there are still some files i dont want on my iphone. Someone please help me, i cant use touchfree untill my iphone is one hundred percent factory fresh..!![/U]
    hit restore on itunes to restore your phone back to 1.1.1 then try the new v6 with GUI version touchfree. Fixed mine, loaded installer.app. & summerboard. Now unlock with anysimv1.1.

Only problem i have is with iBrickr ringtone uploader doesn't seem to work.
    2007-10-23 05:24 AM
    It worked 100% great for me !!! Thank you Drakenza!!!

I killed the SSH on my 1.1.1 earlier by messing around on the filesystem after being done almost (terrible, lol), so did a restore to 1.02 and re-run with the latest iDemocracy and patch.
    Works great, no errors at all! The Installer.app patch on the end fixed the job 100%!!!

Activation was some manual labour, don't get confused with lockdown files, and make backups of them before you go! If you put the wrong lockdown file there you cannot sync with itunes anymore! So becareful and read the steps good!

Awesome application!!
    2007-10-23 05:28 AM
    I am having trouble getting my phone to simply lock up so that itunes thinks its in recovery mode. It has worked 1 time in about 40 tries, then takes another 2 min to boot back up after shutting down. Anyone know an easy fix for this? Surely not everyone else is having this much trouble on step one
    2007-10-23 05:36 AM
    @Drakenza:

Upgrading to AppTapp v3 after installing v2.63 did the trick. Your iDemocracy worked perfectly!! A million thanks to you!!
    2007-10-23 05:45 AM
    It's great to hear that iDemocracy is working for so many people now!
    And holy cow, this thread got stickied!! The good news doesn't cease!

Drakenza
    2007-10-23 05:57 AM
206 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD