User Tag List

Hi all, please take the time to read this and assist if possible..
    I have been using my fully unlocked iphone (1.0.2, and windows) on the Vodafone network with no hassles, calls/texts etc and this includes using installer to install several applications hassle free.

I then installed iBrickr as an easy way to manage ringtones/applications, long story short summerboard screwed out and froze the iphone on the apple logo screen and I needed to replace "displayorder" and "services.plist" via iBrickr to get it going again - once the files were replace things worked beautifully.

However now when I open iBrickr it says I need to free my iphone?? Yet the phone is 100% unlocked (still calling/txting fine) and operational and running 1.0.2, I assume this is because of the 'new' files on the phone.

My question is.. Is there any risk in my jailbreaking again? Is there such a thing as 'rejailbreaking'? I did not do the unlock myself, the phone was purchased from an importer unlocked with installer all ready to go...

Should I free the phone via iBrickr? Is this risky or not? I obviously do not want to lock/brick the phone. Can anyone provide some guidance or advise?

Thank you for reading and thank you for your help, have a great day..
    2007-10-24 11:40 PM
    If you replaced services.plist with a stock file, you removed the afc2 service that iBrickr, etc. use to access the file system on the phone.

You need to replace it again with a services.plist that includes that afc2 service or modify yours. Search for afc2 to see some posts on this topic.
    2007-10-25 12:13 AM
    Thanks NetMage. Managed to find some posts and the correct file to download and I now know the correct location for the swap. However..

Can some one point me in the right direction please - I have only used iBrickr to navigate the iPhones directory, is there a link some one can provide to instruct how to set up the folders etc without iBrickr..

Will doing a standard jail break with iBrickr be safe and just update the required files itself?? With out the need for changing the one file?
    2007-10-25 02:19 AM
    Just search for IphoneBrowser. It is much easier and has a better user interface. You can also delete entire folders and files, and replace entire folders and files much faster.

Reako
    2007-10-25 05:08 PM
    If you already have SSH installed, or you have Installer.app and can install SSH, then you can use WinSCP or FileZilla (SFTP) to replace the file.

If not, I can't think of any reason re-running iBrickr jailbreak on 1.0.2 would be dangerous (but I haven't tried it).
    2007-10-25 09:56 PM
    Thanks for your input everyone.

I have resolved the issue, I simply used iBrickr to rejailbreak successfully. This did not relock the phone so I am happy.

More than likely just updated/replaced the required files so it is accessable for 3rd party apps etc again.

Thanks all.
    2007-10-26 12:27 AM
    All that does is send the PXL daemon onto your phone so you can install 3rd party apps via iBrickr instead of Installer. Simple.

Reako
    2007-10-26 04:54 PM
    yeah WinSCP seems to be the easiest one for me...faster and cleaner than ibrickr, as much as i love ibrickr

but that could just be me...

^Nice
    2007-10-27 06:10 PM
    I also have prblm with my iphine. I myself installed a 3rd party mp3 player in my Iphone and all of my text msgs got converted into mms. they emain in my outbox even after deletion. Plz help
    Download cool samsung ringtone and get camera tripod for free
    2007-11-21 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD