Just used iBrickr to upload a mp3 as a ringtone but its not showing on my iPhone 1.1.4?

When I run iBrickr again it shows it on the fake phone but not on the actual handset?

Is there a limitation to the file size or something?

I was searching for the track under Settings / Sounds etc... but it wasn't even shown under Custom Ring tones...

Not having much luck at all, both iBrickr and SendSong have now failed for me...

There must be a reasonable explanation??

ps Phone is jailbroken...

Mark
    2008-04-28 09:42 PM
    iBrickr's ringtone support no longer works.

Just use iTunes to sync ringtones that you convert and rename - see the many, many threads on how to do this.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2008-04-28 11:20 PM
    a nice and easy way to do this is to convert the file to aac then rename the extension to m4r then upload it with ibrickr to your library/ringtones folder. Works a treat and you can have the whole song as a ringtone!
    2008-04-29 12:46 AM
    How do you convert to aac? Can this be done in iTunes?
    2008-04-29 01:18 AM
    There is an app in Installer called Ringtone that allows you to convert any song on your iPod into a ringtone.

2008-04-29 02:50 AM
    In iTunes just right click on your .mp3 file and select [Convert to aac]. If that option is not available go to your iTunes settings (\ Edit \ Preferences \ Advanced \ Importing)
    Change the [Import Using] to AAC.
    Once the file is converted, right click on the aac file then select [Show in Explorer] then rename the extension to .m4r
    Then just double click your new file and iTunes will add it to the ringtone library. Sync.
    2008-04-29 04:20 AM
    I don't appear to have the app called Ringtone in my installer. Do I need to add a source community to see it?
    2008-04-29 09:01 AM
    a nice and easy way to do this is to convert the file to aac then rename the extension to m4r then upload it with ibrickr to your library/ringtones folder. Works a treat and you can have the whole song as a ringtone!
    I have the same ringtone problem with iBrickr,but with firmware 1.1.3!
    I did what you said,but it didn't work.Instead,I ended up having a file which has ".m4r" at the end,but it is actually a ".m4a" file!
    Can someone please help?
    2008-06-05 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD