My iPhone is currently running firmware 1.0.2. I used iBrickr to jailbreak it. I would like to undo the jailbreak process so that I can upgrade to the current firmware. Can I do this by simply restoring the phone to its factory settings, or do I risk bricking the phone?
    2007-11-07 03:56 PM
    If you are an AT&T user and have not run anySIM to unlock or some other unlock method, you are not risking anything.

It is best to restore from 1.02 jailbroken to 1.02 stock, before upgrading to 1.1.1 than using jailbreakme.com

OTOH, if 1.1.2 is about to come out, maybe you should wait for that to be broken
    2007-11-08 12:29 AM
    I'm also using fw 1.0.2 & used ibrickr to jailbreak. I want to upgrade to 1.1.1.
    Can I simply hit "update" in iTunes to udate my iPhone to 1.1.1? & then use jailbreakme?
    Or do i need to restore? I don't want to loose all my contacts, pictures, ect.
    Real Gucci is the s***, fake Gucci is s***!
    2007-11-08 04:49 AM
    You should sync to backup Contacts/etc, copy your Camera Roll pictures using Picasa or iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser, restore to 1.0.2 and then upgrade to 1.1.1. You should not lose contacts etc after the restore uses your backup. I would sync to something (Outlook?) to be sure, but I didn't lose anything.

Otherwise, any 3rd party apps you have installed in 1.0.2 will be listed by Installer.app as installed in 1.1.1 and you will have installation issues.
    2007-11-08 06:47 AM
    Definetly restore before updating. Hold shift(windows) or option(mac) and click restore. Choose 1.0.2 1C28 file and click on that. After its done restoring you should be safe to update.
    Ive restored and updated a couple of times and everytime was different depending on the way i did it and restoring first then updating work flawlessly everytime. Other times when I hit the update button my phone would show errors. So just to be safe Id restore first

Jordan

1.0.2 Locked
    Downgraded
    Jailbroken

Heres the file if you need it http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2007-11-08 at 08:42 AM.
    2007-11-08 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD