Hi!
    I have been trying to jailbreak 1.1.3 on my 1.1.1 jailbreaked iPhone using this guide: http://lifehacker.com/348793/jailbre...ird-party-apps
    I download iBrickr, I unzip and I start it.
    And then it says the following:

"Not jailbroken
    Sorry, your phone muat be jailbroken and have Installer.app installed to continue."

Well, it IS jailbroken in fact AND it has Installer running. It's a 1.1.1 iPhone additionally running apps like Chess, iRadio, Services, Summerboard, Chat etc.. And it works fine.

From which file does iBricker get the jailbreak status?
    I am asking because I changed manually my springboard.strings to add some German names, I manually added ringtones, I changed the battery charging icon, the color of the WiFi signal strength, the carrier name using "makeitmine" and some other minor changes. Could be that iBrickr does a wrong interpretation of one file changed.

Can anyone help???? I have NO idea, what the reason could be for iBrickr to tell me it is NOT jailbroken.

Cheers
    Marc

EDIT
    Here's the error report:
    ex_phonequalify
    s_iPhoneInterface
    s_Waiting for phone
    s_Connection established.
    e_Not jailbroken
    r_command
    s_ProductVersion = 1.1.1
    r_command
    iPhone found
    r_command
    ex_openwebsite

END EDIT
    Last edited by msbab; 2008-01-25 at 03:38 PM.
    2008-01-25 03:33 PM
    check this post -> http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27085

after his initial instructions he has a "FAQ" that explains what to do. I'm awaiting a reply to make sure I understand what to do 100% clearly but if you've used iBrickr 0.91 before maybe you could do it and then clarify his instructions for me? Either way, thats the only solution I've found so far.
    2008-01-25 04:49 PM
    Hi!
    I have tried to work as described in the post.
    I dind come very far: I can't get my phone into resore mode...Holding Home button for over a minute....Won't result in anything. Holding start/sleep button longer when starting restarts the phone every some seconds.

Does that mean I have to go the way over 1.0.2??

What the reason for that damn "not jailbroken" message? A friend of mine has an iPhone, same jailbreak, similar software...I don't understand it...

Cheers
    Marc
    2008-01-25 06:54 PM
    I think you hold the start/sleep button along with the home button - for around 10 seconds. and then once the phone shuts off then you let go of the start/sleep but continue to hold down the home button for a little while longer (around 8 seconds). I'm confident I could get the phone into restore mode, the only thing I'm worried about is what to do after that. Keep an eye on the post I linked you to and that should eventually have some further instructions.
    2008-01-25 07:22 PM
    Hi again,
    well I managed to get the phone into restore mode holding the home button while connecting the cable and while the phone is off.0

I did as described using iBrickr091 to boot the phone. It does give me the option to boot or begin downgrade to 1.0.2. I choose boot (I really don't want 1.0.2). Screen stays red which means everything is ok. When the phone is up, I enter my unlock key and activate my SIM. I always have to do that when starting the iPhone from "off" status.

Then I start the iBricks special edition...
    And..........
    Same thing again. The phone is not jailbroken it says...

Thanks for the help anyway!

Cheers
    Marc
    2008-01-26 12:25 PM
    that happened with my touch all you have to do is disconnect it from the computer adn reconnect it da da!!!!!!!!!!!!You jailbroke it!!!!
    2008-01-26 10:58 PM
    Why not just restore to 1.1.1 and jailbreak again? Probably the best thing to do anyway since you will want to uninstall all your apps before you do it. Easiest (and safest in my opinion) way to do it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-26 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD