Anybody tried the custom ipsw from isohunt?

i am an idiot like many others. i had a 3.0.1 3gs that i jailbroke with redsn0w and used ultrasn0w to unlock it. then 3.1 came out and i upgraded to it using itunes including the new baseband.

basically i just wanted to see if anyone had tried it, and what might happen if i do try it. could it brick my phone. can you unbrick a phone?

tx
    2009-10-07 06:05 AM
    ya i tried that...didnt work..
    2009-10-07 08:22 AM
    Once you updated to firmware 3.1 through iTunes, you will not be able to downgrade to an earlier firmware like 3.0 or 3.0.1 using a custom firmware. This is because the modem FW (baseband) has be updated to 5.11.07 and can not be rolled back.

There is good news. A jailbreak solution for firmware 3.1 may be released later today or tomorrow. You can thank GeoHot and "blackra1n". Keep checking MMI news page for an update.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown
    2009-10-09 09:52 AM
    Ok, I was i the same boat- 3gs unlocked/jailbroken with redsn0w and ultrasn0w (on t-mobile) but I DID NOT upgrade to 3.1 so I'm still on 3.0.1.

My question is... can I upgrade/jailbreak with blackra1n AND then unlock afterwards? Will custom ispw shift restore before blackra1ning solve the unlock issue? or should I do nothing and stay unl/jb with 3.0.1? (Didn't mean to hijack pos. sorry.)
    2009-10-12 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD