User Tag List

so reading some of this post, the freezing status circle (what i call it), is common?

i have the custom 3.1.3 shsh file saved, but what is the point of it and how do i apply it to supposedly 'restore' the phone?
    2010-03-16 07:31 PM
    Sadly it doesn’t worked as well.. I used redsn0w, blackra1n, iH8sn0w, iPhone Explorer, iRecovery, sn0wbreeze, QuickPwn, ToolJail, f0recast, iReb, banging my head on the wall, etc and i just can’t seems to get out of it. I tried to grab my SHSH with Umbrella, but it wasn’t available on Cydia. I really don’t know what to do anymore..

But i notice something.. How come my redsn0w doesn’t have the option “Already Pwned”, only has 2 Options, which is “Install Cydia” and “Just boot tethered right now”, tried both also doesn’t work. Am i doing it wrongly? Btw i chose a “iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore” as the firmware which i got it online. Also, when i blackra1n it, once Geohot image appear, for 30 sec i will hear a disconnection sound and 10 more sec it shuts back off. As for iRecovery, when i typed “printenv” nothing came out, and after the setenv and saveenv commands, the only command it responded to was “reboot”.

I have tried ra1ning it on 4 diff computers, 3 win xp and 1 mac osx, but still with no avail. I hope what i have provided can clearly explain my current problem..
    2010-03-18 07:07 AM
    I have a 2G iTouch model # is A1288. I recently upgraded to 3.1.3. It has never been jail broken before, how can I jailbreak it now? Whenever I try blackra1n it says "wait for your phone to reboot" it never loads geohot's picture, it just stays at a black screen, possible DFU mode. I can get out of it by holding home and sleep for ten seconds but then I'm back to square one.

Somebody help please!
    2010-03-18 08:18 AM
    Hi guys, i dunno what happened, i added sinfuliphone source in cydia, i instaled instalos 2.5.1 and The Crack Store like home page. The i instaled SBsettings and the iPhone requred reboot. After reboot i turn on blackra1n like usual to boot the phone. The gheohot picture turns on and after 20 seconds instead of boot the phone shuts down completely, what did i do, someone help please.

I would restore it, but not sure if i can restore to 3.1.2 with the shift button and downloaded 3.1.2 firm or will iTune restore to 3.1.3 after contacting Apple. I also have saved some kind of backup in phonedmg folder but i dunno how to restore from it. Plese help me, its my girlfends phone
    2010-03-28 03:37 AM
    blackra1n RC1 => spinning wheel on geohot face => DFU permanent

topic continued on

modmyi.com/forums/general/705005-iphone-3gs-stuck-dfu-mode-after-blackra1n.html
    2010-04-03 01:32 PM
    Hi Guys

I have the same problem with mark321114 :
    "Sadly it doesn’t worked as well.. I used redsn0w, blackra1n, iH8sn0w, iPhone Explorer, iRecovery, sn0wbreeze, QuickPwn, ToolJail, f0recast, iReb, banging my head on the wall, etc and i just can’t seems to get out of it. I tried to grab my SHSH with Umbrella, but it wasn’t available on Cydia. I really don’t know what to do anymore..

But i notice something.. How come my redsn0w doesn’t have the option “Already Pwned”, only has 2 Options, which is “Install Cydia” and “Just boot tethered right now”, tried both also doesn’t work. Am i doing it wrongly? Btw i chose a “iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore” as the firmware which i got it online. Also, when i blackra1n it, once Geohot image appear, for 30 sec i will hear a disconnection sound and 10 more sec it shuts back off. As for iRecovery, when i typed “printenv” nothing came out, and after the setenv and saveenv commands, the only command it responded to was “reboot”.

I have tried ra1ning it on 4 diff computers, 3 win xp and 1 mac osx, but still with no avail. I hope what i have provided can clearly explain my current problem.."

I am using GS3 16GB and tried on Win7 and Win Vista

Can somebody help?
    Thanks in advance
    2010-04-08 07:16 AM
    hi...this is ekagra
    i jailbreak my iphone ...nd it was done successfully.....but. the screen turned black......i tried to press both the buttons for a long time but still no result so.........what should i do......
    plz help me out...
    2010-04-15 06:40 PM
    2010-04-16 07:18 PM
    Thought I post how I fixed mine black screen after running blackrain while it is still fresh in my head. I had the white screen of death on my iphone 2g running 3.1 firmware. I thought upgrading the software to 3.1.2 would fix my white screen of death issue, but little did I realize after upgrading, my phone was locked. I am a Fido customer (Canada) so the phone is locked to a US carrier. I could only make emergency calls and kept getting the "USB plugging into Itunes icon". I stumble upon Blackrain RC3 to jailbreak and unlock my iphone. I kept getting the black screen after running Blackrain and the phone would not reboot. I didn't get geohot image too.
    I follow the instruction at this link:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8UYSfPEKnQ]YouTube - How to Fix Blackra1n Jailbreak Problem iphone 3G/iPod Touch (No Boot Logo)(Windows)[/ame]

and it didn't work for me I couldn't get to the main menu.
    So I modified drerandom's instruction a bit to try out.

1. I shutdown all "Itunes" and "Apple" process.
    2. Copied Blackrain.exe on to my C: drive.
    3. I went into the emergency call key pad menu.
    4. Click on "Make it Rain" on Blackrain.
    5. When the screen went black, I pressed on the "wake/sleep" button and "home" button at the same time.
    6. When the "silver apple" logo came on, I let go of the "wake/sleep" button.
    7. I would get the USB/Itunes logo and get stuck there.'
    8. Ran Blackrain again without pressing the buttons.
    9. Got the picture of the dude with the iphones and voila jailbroken.

I'll keep everyone posted on the white screen of death if it comes back after the firmware upgrade. I was running Windows XP and found that Blackrain didn't run on some of my laptops. Blackrain would get stuck at certain stages of the jailbreak process. So I found Blackrain went through the whole jailbreak process on my Toshiba.

After jailbreaking my iphone I was able to restore my iphone with my Itunes. Now everything is back to normal.
    Last edited by dumbo747; 2010-06-10 at 04:49 AM.
    2010-06-10 04:33 AM
    ok so im using a 3gs 32 gb on 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n

since i got the phone in february its been pretty much working normally with blackra1n without any problems

last 2,3 months i noticed a problem that when am using the 3g network to connect to cellular data, and want to make a call after that, i loose network for 2,3 min and usually when that happens i just go to settings and turn the flight mode on and off and the problem is fixed

the same thing happened today , after using the browser i tried placing a call, the network got lost and i went and turned on the flight mode

when i did, the iphone completely froze, so i pressed the home and upper button and held them together for some time till i got the apple logo

but i noticed that now, the apple logo stays on the screen for at least a minute b4 it actually gives me the "connect to itunes" sign and it never used to take so long

so i thought its nothing serious and i hooked up the phone to my windows xp thats completely updated waited for the sound that the pc recognized a new plugged in device, opened itunes just in case, pressed ok to the warning that my iphone is in recovery mode and ran blackra1n

this is now when all the problems start

1st couple of times, blackra1in didnt even show that picture with that dude that it usually shows while jailbreaking, so i simply kept the blackrain on and the phone connected and simultaneously turned the phone on and off a couple of times, eventually after 30 minutes of struggling, the blackrain picture with the dude showed up and now this is where i'm stuck, after the picture of that dude shows up, the laptop gives me the sound of a USB being disconected and it just stays at that frozen like that for around 10 minutes

after the 10 minutes the "loading circle" appears on the picture of the dude and slowly loads something, after this circle finishes loading whatever it is, the picture of the dude disapears and the apple logo turns on again and brings it back to the "connect to itunes" picture

at 1 point in the last 2 hours of me trying to fix this, the computer actually recognised the iphone and windows gave me the option of sinc-ing iphone pictures with windows which i offcourse started the same sec it allowed me, but in the middle of that when it allready transfered around 200 pictures, the loading circle started loading again, stoped my picture transfer and brought it back to the apple logo

i tried doing it on my other vista laptop as well, nothing seems to be working

any ideas???

i'm pretty sure that if i restore it that it will work but if it actually connected at 1 point that the pc recognized it and allowed me a partial picture transfer then i would do anything not to have to restore!!!!

this phone has my entire life inside and i was stupid enough and didnt sinc it for at least 2 months now, i'm not even going to talk about the amount of information from work that i could loose!!!!

please please! if anyone has any ideas now would be a good time and thank you from super-sad-stressed out Tam

i guess am just not lucky with the iphone this is my 2nd one and again problems
    2010-08-03 01:02 PM
    Hi this is my first post here as found this to be a great site for modding the iphone

I have had my iphone since october and decided to jailbreak it earlier this year as was getting fed up of having no means of transfering files to another non apple device via bluetooth.

I was using 3.1.2 firmware and tried to JB on my Vista Home premium 32-bit laptop, but whenever I ran Blackra1n i would get a blank screen after the USB recovery mode screen, I tried it various times i.e running as administrator, safe mode and still nothing.

The way I got round it was to use my desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit which ran successfully first time.

since then if my iphone has frozen or for whatever reason I've had to reboot the phone I've always had to use the Windows 7 pc to get out of recovery mode to enable me to use the phone again.

the problem is I tend to take my laptop with me so would be great if I can do this on there as if my phone is forced to reboot and I cannot get home I am without a phone until then, I have been to various websites including this one and found no solution to this problem.

Any ideas please would be great please?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Kjan; 2010-08-28 at 06:30 PM.
    2010-08-28 06:27 PM
    Hi this is my first post here as found this to be a great site for modding the iphone

I have had my iphone since october and decided to jailbreak it earlier this year as was getting fed up of having no means of transfering files to another non apple device via bluetooth.

I was using 3.1.2 firmware and tried to JB on my Vista Home premium 32-bit laptop, but whenever I ran Blackra1n i would get a blank screen after the USB recovery mode screen, I tried it various times i.e running as administrator, safe mode and still nothing.

The way I got round it was to use my desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit which ran successfully first time.

since then if my iphone has frozen or for whatever reason I've had to reboot the phone I've always had to use the Windows 7 pc to get out of recovery mode to enable me to use the phone again.

the problem is I tend to take my laptop with me so would be great if I can do this on there as if my phone is forced to reboot and I cannot get home I am without a phone until then, I have been to various websites including this one and found no solution to this problem.

Any ideas please would be great please?

Thank you.

You have a tethered jailbreak, upgrade your firmware up to 4.0 and use JailbreakMe to jailbreak it. Then you won't need your pc to boot the phone.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-09-03 03:27 AM
    use irecovery
    2010-09-03 03:32 AM
93 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD