User Tag List

I noticed that there are "factory-unlocked" phones on the market, are these phones jailbreak-able? Or do they only have the unlocked "feature"?

My theory is that these "factory-unlocked" phones have a disabled or blown fuse(s) on them that make them open. AFIK, it would be too expensive to make a new board and they probably have a program that will pop certain fuses on the board to unlock it.

So, with that asked.. are there any known hardware mods that we can do to unlock these phones?

Thanks everyone
    2010-03-23 04:51 PM
    Unlocks are done through software...not hardware.
    2010-03-23 04:53 PM
    yes there are hardware mods called sim adapters (that don't work as of now i think)
    2010-03-23 04:58 PM
    Don't you have to have the unlock software to use the sim adapters?
    2010-03-23 05:51 PM
    "My theory is that these "factory-unlocked" phones have a disabled or blown fuse(s) on them that make them open. AFIK, it would be too expensive to make a new board and they probably have a program that will pop certain fuses on the board to unlock it."

actually, to unlock they just submerge the Iphone in yak urine while chanting ," unlock, thee evil iPhone"
    2010-03-23 07:00 PM
    "My theory is that these "factory-unlocked" phones have a disabled or blown fuse(s) on them that make them open. AFIK, it would be too expensive to make a new board and they probably have a program that will pop certain fuses on the board to unlock it."

actually, to unlock they just submerge the Iphone in yak urine while chanting ," unlock, thee evil iPhone"
    pure genious. im tired of my locked phone, so i tried it. It works, trust me! thanks dude!
    2010-04-15 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD