I'm attempting to downgrade my iphone 3g to 3.1.2 and it keeps installing, then giving me an error that it cannot install. Can anyone help me through this?
    2010-04-30 11:30 PM
    I’m assuming you already have an ipsw file that you want to load. I got the 3G activated ipsw (from sinfuliphone, but you can use whatever you want)loaded on my 3G that had FM 3.1.3 & BB 12.5.01, and the phone is running great. I did the restore of custom ipsw on a 64bit Win7 machine using iTunes 9. At first I did receive random 16XX errors (02 & 04 I think). Trying to fix the 16XX error issues I tried to run iH8Sn0w like others in the forum have suggested with no success.

How I got it to work:
    1. Downloaded redsn0w 0.9.4
    2. Downloaded a copy of original 3G 3.1.2 FW
    - iTunes was not on at this point-
    3. Started redsn0w and pointed it to the original 3G 3.1.2 FW I downloaded
    4. Let redsn0w do its thing
    5. redsn0w had me put the phone in DFU mode (it tells you how)
    6. I WATCHED THE SCREEN, AS SOON AS THE IPHONE SCREEN TURNED WHITE (I’ve read that some iPhone screens will turn red) I HIT CANCEL. The iPhone stayed in that DFU mode with the white screen after hitting cancel.
    7. I then started iTunes and it popped up a message saying that the iPhone needed to be restored, I clicked ok
    8. Then holding shift and clicking restore will bring up a window so you can select whatever ipsw you want to load.

From there everything went as it should and the phone downgraded without any problems. (the down grade will not change the 12.5.01 BB though)

Hope this helps with the errors.
    2010-05-01 12:51 AM
    It worked. thanks. Now I'm going to be a jerk and ask for help with tethering it to use with my ipad wi-fi. I'd like to be able to tether it and use my ipad whenever possible. I heard this could be done.
    2010-05-01 02:08 AM
    IM me & I'll get you the info.
    2010-05-01 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD