Hiya, trying to sort my iphone 3gs on 4.0.1 locked to at&t. It's not been jailbroken before.

experienced many "unrecognized ipsw" errors with redsn0w (vista). Redsn0w doesn't startup at all with os tiger ppc (gd ol' titanium ... finally realised that must be a 64 bit problem

I have been able to manually install 4.0.1 via itunes but haven't been able to down grade (tried 3.1.2/3.1.3). I only manually upgraded to see if it actually worked in any way as when I got it it had already been upgraded.

After hours of browsing and trying over and over... please can someone help me out... should i give up for now? or would a 86bit/windows 7/panther system help? I dunno, i haven't tried to jailbreak/unlock an iphone since the 2g came out and i guess I'm out of the loop a little here so forgive my ignorance.

did ten hours of research before posting this so I hope no-one sighs out loud when reading my amateur post.

Any direction is much appreciated. thnx in advance.
    Last edited by kewcumber; 2010-07-25 at 02:19 AM.
    2010-07-25 02:08 AM
    Unless you can downgrade your phone to 3.1.3 or lower you're stuck waiting for a the jailbreak for 4.0-4.0.1

Someone can correct my if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure about that.
    2010-07-25 03:39 AM
    Redsn0w is not the right tool for 3GS. If you cant downgrade cuz you dont have your SHSH blobs saved then you cant do anything as of right now.
    2010-07-25 03:43 AM
    yeah thought as much, will just have to wait it out. Thanks
    2010-07-25 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD