I've created the custom firmware with sn0wbreeze for my 3GS (old bootrom) that has been previously jailbroken on 4.0.1 firmware with jailbreakme. As this was the "unofficial" jailbreak I had decided to just wait for the chronic team to finish theres up, turns out time was wasted in that wait. My cowardice at this point is the only thing stoping me. I want to know from some other folks who has had success with this process and preserving the unlocked baseband.
    2010-10-09 12:34 AM
    I tried this with jbme2pwn and then using the snowbreeze custom 4.1 firmware and it failed just hung halfway through the restore. I was forced to restore to stock 4.01 firmware and run jailbreakme again. Luckily I could do this because I had shsh for 4.01 saved on Cydia. I tried jbme2pwn again and this time tried a snowbreeze 4.01 firmware and it actually took just fine. Some people are running on snowbreeze 4.1 but I don't know how many of them had used jbme2pwn.
    2010-10-09 07:25 PM
    I've created the custom firmware with sn0wbreeze for my 3GS (old bootrom) that has been previously jailbroken on 4.0.1 firmware with jailbreakme. As this was the "unofficial" jailbreak I had decided to just wait for the chronic team to finish theres up, turns out time was wasted in that wait. My cowardice at this point is the only thing stoping me. I want to know from some other folks who has had success with this process and preserving the unlocked baseband.
    It is safe to use jbme2pwn and sn0wbreeze to jb 4.1/ iam on it for few days and though not a feature rich update (bt avrcp profile atlast! ) i feel the ios is a bit more snappier than 4.01 on my 3gs. cud be due to bug fixes. battery life is almost same so far coming from 4.01. Gamecenter looks gud!hdr photo doesnt work with the hack!

Sn0wbreeze will not update ur BB so u are good to go.

But few things to remember if u use win 7.

1. while installing JBme2pwn make sure u wait until it says Success and only then press the return to cydia button. jbme2pwn must be installed only from jb4/4.01. if u dont have shsh for these versions there is not hopw until limerain expolit is updated with pwnagetool. eta is 2 weeks from now. also make sure u reboot once before putting ur idevice in restore mode

2. dont cook custom firmware in sn0wbreeze with Hactivation enabled as it causes backup to fail in win 7 environment. and you tube app wont work. use a supported sim to activate ur phone like u did for jbme. else u need update to sn0wbreeze 2.02. i think the lockdown handling isnt done quite well or may be a small bug but it gives u hell trying to get backup working. So to make life easier dont use activate device option for custom firmware. read this thread for Hactivating your phone post update if u cant get a supported sim for your phone : http://ih8sn0wforums.com/viewtopic.p...71efd4bd381b41

3.for 3gs use only restore mode to restore ur custom firmware. DO NOT use DFU mode.

Barring these few precautions i guess jbed 4.1 is playing quite good so far. Minor update or not any fw update which is jbable shuld be given a shot as there will be bug fixes at the least which will make ur ios a touch better.
    Last edited by rexisrex; 2010-10-11 at 06:03 PM.
    2010-10-11 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD