User Tag List

Now back at stock 4.3.3 and phone still loses signal often, even when sitting in same spot. It seems to go when I demand 3G data from it. If I don't touch it, it'll sit there all day showing signal. It still gets hot, but I think its just getting hot because it working hard to try and find a signal. Think I may take it back to ATT for refund and try another one next month. (if I can do that!!! lol)
    2011-08-11 06:14 PM
    IMHO ... Because it gets hot, it's either a hardware problem or some process is running too much (possibly PUSH related)
    2011-08-11 06:33 PM

THis is after streaming netflix on 3G. This is the hottest it got. Also after it cooled down to 78F, i tried netflix again and in about 5 mins it was up to 120F. I;ve read other places about iP4s getting hot and apple replacing them on the spot, or even ATT sending replacements. Think i'll call ATT now!! Must be a known issue. Now I don't think the Jailbreak caused it. But I will certainly wait a week with the new one before Jailbreaking
    Last edited by gd420mj; 2011-08-11 at 08:13 PM.
    2011-08-11 07:57 PM
    That is hot hot ..... I it were mine, I would replace it.
    2011-08-11 08:07 PM
    THought I'd give an update. After arguing with att and apple on phone, made an appt at apple store. Took it last night. Explained overheating issue, constant loos of signal, they ran diagnostics on it and they found that upwards of 15 more more Core System Processes were constantly failing/crashing and he said that was why it was getting hot. Also that it was an awfully high number. But, while I was there, I went from 5 bars signal to no service and they were convinced there was a service/reception problem and gave me a new phone under. warranty. (SWEET!!!). He said the service issue was seperate from the heat issue (even though with all radios off, it didn't get hot)
    So, first day with new one and its cool as a cucumber. Just streamed some netflix on 3G and barely budged battery and nice and cool.

I can't help but wonder if JailBreakMe 3.0 caused these errors and when I restored back 4.3.3 with iFaith, it didn't correct it cause it was still custom IPSW. I think if I upped to 4.3.5, it probably would have fixed it.

I'm not gonna JB this one yet, but good thing, its on 4.3.3...hehe..

WHile I was apple store, some gents had problems with an itouch. It was JB'd and the tech said, well, you'll have to upgrade to latest firmware and loose your JB, in order to solve your problems. Seems they were relaxed on the JB...
    2011-08-23 03:58 PM
    Thanks for reporting back. Congratulations on a new and working phone.
    Too bad you lost your jailbreak in the process. But a working phone is better than a jailbreak

Anything is possible. Your situation may be unique. Jailbreakme works great for most.

2011-08-23 04:16 PM
46 123