User Tag List

I tried jailbreaking my iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 with Sn0wbreeze but when the restore is finished, I get the Connect to iTunes with slide for emergency call. I DID have it in pwned DFU with the built-in iREB. And iTunes does not give any errors. How can I fix this?
    2011-08-22 04:07 AM
    You're at activation screen. Insert an official SIM?

If not available, rebuild custom firmware and select 'activate' in Expert Mode.
    2011-08-22 04:12 AM
    I do have an official SIM inserted from AT&T and it's registered at AT&T. It was registered when I got the phone so I don't understand why I need to activate again.
    2011-08-22 03:17 PM
    If you have an official SIM inserted and connected to iTunes, activation should occur quickly. The iPhone screen changes from Emergency Call to the normal Springboard.

Activation (or re-activation) is required after every restore for every Apple iDevice. Give thanks to Apple for this restriction For those without an official SIM, a [h]activation option is included with most jailbreaking utilities.
    2011-08-22 03:24 PM
    My phone was stuck in infinite respring loop so I decided to backup my sources and packages with Cyder, then tried restoring again. I tried the stock 4.3.3 and I noticed that after I lock/unlock my phone after the activation screen, it is activated. So I'm trying the Sn0wbreeze one now.
    2011-08-22 04:29 PM
    If the phone is activated, you don't need Sn0wbreeze.

But I'm confused ... because post #1 said differently.

...I get the Connect to iTunes with slide for emergency call. ...
    2011-08-22 04:32 PM
    I didn't realize that was just the activation screen, I haven't seen it since I got my phone which was a few months back... I was just trying Sn0wbreeze to see if it was easier or safer to use than Redsn0w... but I guess it's not, so I'm sticking with Redsn0w

And I just found this http://www.idevicenews.org/best-buy-...ne-3gs/222903/ tell your friends
    2011-08-22 04:58 PM
    @ihatefruit. With an official AT&T phone SIM, you don't need activation or Sn0wbreeze.
    Official customers load stock firmware and activate normally. After this is complete ...
    ... the only thing you need is jailbreak, and redsn0w is the ideal tool

The main question: which iOS version. iOS 4.3.3 and below are fully jailbreakable.
    Above 4.3.3 (ie 4.3.4 and 4.3.5) are NOT fully jailbreakable.
    Since you're on 4.3.3 --- you're fine. Stay put. Use Redsn0w for the jailbreak
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-22 at 05:06 PM.
    2011-08-22 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD