Hi

So I've managed to downgrade my iphone 4 (GSM 3,1) from ios7 to 6.1 without SHSH blobs with GeekSn0w. The issue I am having is that Cydia is not installed.

Does anybody know why this is? Or know how to install Cydia on a iphone with a tethered jailbreak active on it?

Cheers
    2014-11-27 07:25 AM
    2014-11-27 01:18 PM
    Did you boot tethered?
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah, booted as directed with Redsn0w.

How to use GeekGrade - Windows
    2014-11-27 03:07 PM
    I don't see in any part of those instructions where it says to install cydia. That's probably why it isn't showing up. If you are using redsnow you have to first point it to a 6.0 firmware then pick the jailbreak option and install cydia. Then do the boot tethered part.
    2014-11-28 12:31 AM
    I don't see in any part of those instructions where it says to install cydia. That's probably why it isn't showing up. If you are using redsnow you have to first point it to a 6.0 firmware then pick the jailbreak option and install cydia. Then do the boot tethered part.
    Is that right? I mean, as far as I'm aware the GeekGrade IPSW is supposed to have cydia pre-installed. I tried to do the jailbreak option earlier, but it just said SHSH blobs corrupted. Do you know if there is a way around this error?
    2014-11-28 03:12 AM
    Oh, is it? Sorry, never heard of GeekGrade before this, just figured installing cydia should be somewhere in the list. If it is already in the ipsw then it should show up after booting tethered. Seems it is a bit buggy though. Why not just jailbreak on 7.1.2?
    2014-11-28 06:46 PM
    Oh, is it? Sorry, never heard of GeekGrade before this, just figured installing cydia should be somewhere in the list. If it is already in the ipsw then it should show up after booting tethered. Seems it is a bit buggy though. Why not just jailbreak on 7.1.2?
    All good, appreciate your time anyhow! I'd be happy to stay on 7.1.2 if it wasn't so crazy slow on my phone. ios6 just works better.
    2014-11-28 07:08 PM
    Ya, that's true. Apple should have left the i4 back on iOS 6. They tend to go 1 firmware too far with the older devices.
    2014-11-28 07:12 PM
    It's good business, can't really fault them too much for doing it. I suppose it's just time to get a new phone.
    2014-11-28 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD